talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacob Murphy starts for us with Atsu injured. Massive game for him as so far he's looked frightened and terrible.

Joselu and Gayle upfront, hopefully the way the two work together can get us some breathing time from what will be Man Utd dominance.

Wish we had Merino, not getting the results without him :(

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What’s returns? 

It was 8/1. Arsenal v Spurs over 1.5 goals, Palace no clean sheet, Swansea under 1.5 goals, Liverpool game under 3.5, Leicester game over 2.5, West Brom no clean sheet, United to win to nil. One goal short in the Leicester game and also needed United to win to nil. Shame but hey ho. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Good performance that today, although Southampton were really poor.

Same for us against West Brom.

I'd liked our team selection and some performances, Morata's (who is really playing with confidence, confidence is glowing from this man at the moment) and Hazard's performance I liked as well.

Other than that I knew after the first 5 minutes that if we were on our game we would win comfortably, looking at the way West Brom were tactically set up etc.

Livermore and a 55 year old Gareth Barry in the middle of the park for West Brom today, now that's depressing.

• Subscriber

As for us. I want to call that a poor performance but most individuals did okay to be fair. Palace possibly should have won if anyone.

Jagielka and Keane were shambolic, Schneiderlin was a ghost before he got subbed off though I don't think Davies is the answer. Rather see McCarthy or Besic in there alongside Gueye at the moment. Sigurdsson was better late on when he had players around him capable of keeping possession in the final third. I like Lookman but I think he could do with a loan back to the Championship because he's the type of player who needs game time to learn but we can't afford to blood him in at the moment. Kenny was the best of our defence even though that's not saying much. Gueye and Lennon both impressed me, Sandro looked decent off the bench and Niasse our man of the match despite the embarrassing tumble for the penalty.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Great result and great performance. Solid all around. Looks like we have our groove back, despite the international break. 

Christensen :banana:

Denmark are really lining up to have an exciting team in this next World Cup. Eriksen, Pione Sisto, Schmeicel and Christensen. One to watch

• Administrator

Will say more later but 2 things to say now:

1 - Kevin de Bruyne has reached world class levels. Superb player. Ran the show today. Great goal to top it off today as well. 

2 - Man City simply have to win the league of they continue playing like this. So dominating and they make it look so simple. Precise passing, speed and movement off the ball makes it so hard to play against. Helps when you have midfielders who are skilful and willing to put the hard yards in. They're streets ahead of anyone else in the league right now. 

That was frustrating. We're not playing like one of the worst three teams in the league but because we had to write off the first five games against the ilk of Huddersfield, Swansea and Burnley we have entered a period of must win games just to catch up. Drawing to teams like Everton who have more quality than ourselves but are out of form now feel like defeats and don't help morale when any other season it would have done.

On the positive side of things, given all the criticism and jokes he's aimed towards him in the past it was nice to see Roy Hodgson ruin that cunt Cannabis's day.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived