talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Subscriber

Sometimes you have to just stand there and say fair play, they're just too good for us and they're a brilliant side.

Man City will have this league won by Easter. They're on a completely different planet to the rest. I didn't even think we were that bad today either.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted. Man Utd have been shit considering who the two teams are. We should be at the very least level.

I've seen this so many times before in my life, we go away to the top teams and put in a superb performance in the first half, then go on to get beat 5-1. Fully expect it again.

I doubt Man Utd will be as defensively shit and arrogant in the 2nd half. Mourinho is too smart to let that happen again surely. Our chance to get something has probably gone. Shame.

Jacob Murphy's defending is disgusting, I would haul him off now and put Aarons on.

Can't wait til the day we have better players than Rob Elliott and Javier Manquillo. As honest as they are.

• Administrator

Back home now. 

Kompany should have seen red first couple of minutes. No way Stones or Walker is catching Vardy up when he's through in that position. Ref bottled it. 

Having said that, even if we scored or Kompany was sent off, Man City still would have beaten us. 

They're just a different level in every aspect and in every position. Whether it's quick passing at the back or transitional play from one end of the pitch to another, they always look composed and calm under pressure. As others have said, they're winning the league by March at this rate. So much strength in depth as well they could rest majority of players and still be stronger than most teams. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Back home now. 

Kompany should have seen red first couple of minutes. No way Stones or Walker is catching Vardy up when he's through in that position. Ref bottled it. 

Having said that, even if we scored or Kompany was sent off, Man City still would have beaten us. 

They're just a different level in every aspect and in every position. Whether it's quick passing at the back or transitional play from one end of the pitch to another, they always look composed and calm under pressure. As others have said, they're winning the league by March at this rate. So much strength in depth as well they could rest majority of players and still be stronger than most teams. 

I need to see that again. My instinct at the time was yellow.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I need to see that again. My instinct at the time was yellow.

So was mine. Having seen it again though, he's clear enough from other defenders to have a goalscoring opportunity. Kompany can count himself very lucky. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

So was mine. Having seen it again though, he's clear enough from other defenders to have a goalscoring opportunity. Kompany can count himself very lucky. 

I did think our fans seemed angrier about it than they should've done, but I've still not seen it back again. Didn't think the ref had a particularly good game overall. Would like to see some of those offsides back, I'll be amazed if every one of them was offside.

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Back home now. 

Isn't the rule about denying a goal scoring opportunity and not the last man back?  

Vardy looked to be through and in on goal and I doubt Stones would have caught him. ( I did not see Walker in the picture). Stones looked practically level with the play though, and I wonder if he got the benefit of the doubt from the ref in catching Vardy?

Kind of a situation where a yellow is not enough and a red card is too much,  but than there is no orange card.

12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

And he continues to show his world class status by scoring. The pogba effect!!! Conte was right when he said he was a top top player! Easily the best midfielder in the game if you look at all he contributes. He makes Henderson look like a Sunday league player

No doubt Pogba makes a difference, United are a better team when he is playing, but they looked vulnerable defensively in the first half.  Newcastle could have had a couple more goals and a better team will punish them if they dont play better at the back than they did in the first half.

Told you at half time that would happen. With experience comes wisdom. Nothing great about Man Utd but anyone who wins big tends to be over egged, no matter who it is.

BT coverage was a disgrace. Like watching MUTV. Both of those spastic commentators were calling them "United" all the time and just having long nonsense discussions about them. The camera men missed the Diame substitution entirely and we only found out after the game had restarted because they were too busy watching and wanking over Ibrahimovic. It was as if we weren't even there anymore.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Told you at half time that would happen. With experience comes wisdom. Nothing great about Man Utd but anyone who wins big tends to be over egged, no matter who it is.

BT coverage was a disgrace. Like watching MUTV. Both of those spastic commentators were calling them "United" all the time and just having long nonsense discussions about them. The camera men missed the Diame substitution entirely and we only found out after the game had restarted because they were too busy watching and wanking over Ibrahimovic. It was as if we weren't even there anymore.

On this day of all days I can fucking well relate to this.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Definitely edging towards red over yellow now.

Red for me that... it was deliberate 

3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Red for me as the covering defender isn't goal side 

I think he only got away with it because he was not the last defender... 

• Subscriber

Updated - Niasse vs Lukaku since Niasse's first appearance of the season.

Oumar Niasse: 5 goals.

Romelu Lukaku: 3 goals.

Someone apparently posted a stat saying that Niasse has won us as many points this season so far as Lukaku did all of last season which absolutely must be bullshit but it is funny that Lukaku ended his drought by yet again scoring the meaningless extra goal in a comfortable win after going missing against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs.

13 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I've said it every season I've watched Kompany play and I'll continue to say it, he commits reckless challenges like that nearly every game he's involved in but people continue to say he's one of the best defenders in the league, big brute of a defender who really lacks the intelligence and grace that some of the top defenders have had in this league over the years.

Just rusty, he hasn't played for month's. On form he's one of the best CB's about but we do need to replace him this summer due to his injury record coupled with his age

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived