talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It was justifiable to spend some time being ambitious and sounding out the likes of Simeone and Tuchel if that's what we were doing but it's now been a week since the Silva approach, we need to employ someone. O'Neill would be guaranteed relegation, Allardyce would probably keep us up but I'd almost rather these shithouses suffered the relegation they deserve than see that fat corrupt bastard anywhere near Goodison Park.

If Dyche is still daft enough to be interested we have to go for him. Villas-Boas is possibly a good option but how long do those negotiations take and is this the right set of circumstances for him?

Absolutely staggering that we aren't in the relegation zone by the way. Staggering.

Was expecting Burnley to be extremely tough to break down and that's what they were. Could've had a penalty way before we did but it came in the end. Good to see another clean sheet as well. Don't think we've conceded in the league this season when Monreal, Mustafi & Koscielny have started as our back three.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Everton could seriously get relegated. They're in freefall.

Nah. If Everton aren’t in the bottom 3 already considering how shit they are, it can only be because those below them are absolutely dire. 

On our game with Chelsea yesterday:..

Reports that Klopp was fuming after the game in relation to not being allowed by the referee to make a substitution 5 minutes before Chelsea equalised where he intended to shift to 5 at the back. 

Apparently the referee’s reason for denying Klopp’s request to make a change was that he believed Klopp was using the substitution as a way to waste time! 

Seriously?! If the referee has indeed denied Klopp something a manager has a fundamental right to do, at ANY stage in the game, then he should be sacked on the fucking spot! Who the fuck is he to decide what Klopp is thinking, and more importantly, even if it was a time wasting tactic, what right does he have to deny it? 

UK refereeing at its finest xD

I haven't seen a second of Everton this season but from what I can see based on squads, they haven't exactly stagnated but they still have a lot of the players that I remember from in 2014. Lukaku wasn't properly replaced. If a squad remains similar too long, things get stale and that's my guess what has happened with Everton. I don't see how Sigurdsson is an upgrade at all from what they had then as an example.

• Subscriber

The one thing that gives me hope is that "on paper" we have a number of players who would still comfortably get into most non-top 6 sides in the Premier League. Surely a halfway competent manager that can get them into even average form can comfortably finish mid-table?

Board are getting it both barrels on Twitter tonight and rightly so. Players don't give a toss as it is so they're never going to perform for Unsworth who they know isn't going to be in charge much longer. Never thought I'd see Everton become one of those 'player power' clubs where the players use any excuse not to perform e.g. don't like training or manager isn't up to scratch rather than leaving everything on the pitch because they're proud to play for the club. Majority of the players with the right attitude are too old (Jagielka, Baines) or too young (Kenny, Davies) while too many of the ones in the middle don't care enough about the club (Mirallas, Schneiderlin, Williams, Keane by the looks of it).

It really is pathetic. This Huddersfield side I'm watching now, how many of them would make a combined Everton-Huddersfield XI based on talent and ability? Not many, but more Huddersfield in that side than Everton players in an Everton-Huddersfield XI picked on character and backbone.

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Penalty taking has gone back to the Thierry Henry era of bullshit cheating run ups. Whatever happened to the rule they introduced to stop people stuttering like they are again?

What happened to the rule about the keeper standing still on the line instead of the cheating they do now? :coffee:

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived