talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

43 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I am surprised your lot isn't going for Sakho. Despite the bid from West Brom, he is keen on joining Palace, and I am not exaggerating but he will vastly improve your defence for starters. Hell, he would improve ours if he is paired with Matip. 30 mil is worth the investment if it improves your chances of survival.

My suspicion is Parish spent most of this summers transfer budget in the winter under the advice from someone hell bent on restoring their reputation instead of doing what was best for the club.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

An especially poor start given the team they've faced: Huddersfield, Liverpool and Swansea. I'm sure they'd have been hoping to get a decent chunk of their points target on the board early on.

Getting players used to a new system was always going to take time. Especially when some of them wouldn't look out of place in the bottom half of the Championship table. With the run of fixtures we have I reckon DeBoer may well have lost the dressing room by the time it looks good again. Then that snivering caniving rat Dougie Freedman can be interim manager to take us down.

Great day, good performance. Won every 2nd ball. Merino was different class, perfect for this league, up for the physicality and a class above technically. West Ham tried 4 different centre mids against him. Joselu hassled and harried, chased everything down. Mbemba gave it his all despite clearly being out of position.

Worryingly for West Ham they just gave up at 2-0. 

For all the goals they've scored I've felt United are a bit nervy at 0-0 when they need to take the initiative. 

Like at Swansea they nicked a goal from a corner and then annihilated Swansea late in the match when they needed to chase it. 

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Great day, good performance. Won every 2nd ball. Merino was different class, perfect for this league, up for the physicality and a class above technically. West Ham tried 4 different centre mids against him. Joselu hassled and harried, chased everything down. Mbemba gave it his all despite clearly being out of position.

Worryingly for West Ham they just gave up at 2-0. 

Thought you might have been out on the piss tonight celebrating the win... Might as well make the most of it mate, you are only getting about 6 of them this season.. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thought you might have been out on the piss tonight celebrating the win... Might as well make the most of it mate, you are only getting about 6 of them this season.. :ph34r:

6 wins and 22 draws should be enough to stay up.

On my way to Yarkshire for the rest of the weekend.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

6 wins and 22 draws should be enough to stay up.

On my way to Yarkshire for the rest of the weekend.

I keep forgetting about the bank holiday.. I would normally have worked through it had I been in this shift.. What for, relaxing, family other??? 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived