talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You look at that United Subs bench and they don't have an awful lot in the way of game changers or even dare I say it 'big name players'

Almost like the Chelsea squad...  

You should comment on United games all the time.  Two goals from the sub bench sure changed this game.  Even If the second looked offside.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

How do we all say Martial on here?? 

They keep saying Marshy AL and it gets on my nerves.. xD

Its plain old Marshall clear as day.. maybe they are trying to make it sound more exotic or something.. 

Haha you realise he's not English, right? Were you one of the people who called Thierry Henry 'Terry Hen-ree'? :PxD

Should be Mar-see-al rather than marshy-al, I think.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Haha you realise he's not English, right? Were you one of the people who called Thierry Henry 'Terry Hen-ree'? :PxD

Should be Mar-see-al rather than marshy-al, I think.

Yea I realize that... xD but that's what I mean its just plain old common as muck Marshall but they say it with a bit of a French accent and suddenly its all posh sounding.. 

And you mean 'Terry On Ree' don't you... B|

• Administrator

3 points as expected for Utd. Dominant team and given the way we set up, there's only so much pressure we could soak up. King should have bagged at the end. Thought the floodgates would open when Rashford volleyed in. 

Least it wasn't 4-0 or the raping I thought it might have been!

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Good save, but it wasn't the best penalty. Not quite in the corner and a good height for the keeper.

This is shit from Leicester, though. You can't keep giving the ball away that easily and get away with it, as solid as they may look defensively.

44 minutes ago, True Blue said:

90 mill can't score a penalty :clown:, in all seriousness Leicester looking terrible Kasper saving them.

agree with this on the whole in terms of our possession. In terms of our tactics, if we played any other way we'd have seen a result West Ham and Swansea were on the end of, or even worse. Yes it wasn't pretty and it's shit to watch as a neutral, but that was our gameplan and it nearly worked. Not many teams at Old Trafford this season will come away with a 2-0 defeat. United look so much more balanced and have more of a togetherness now. Matic in the DM role is perfect for them.

In games set up like this, the goal tends to always come from a set piece and lapse of concentration. With Man United pressing well when losing the ball, It's hard for Leicester to withstand that sort of pressure for such long periods, it's thus vital Leicester's ability on the ball when regaining it is of a high quality but it was shocking all game. Hence the game's outcome was only going to go one way, with it not being a question of whether Man United would score but a question of when. Having the likes of Iborra in the team will help Leicester but Shakespeare needs to demonstrate more tactical variation in these games (the Arsenal one went the exact same way).

Maguire was fantastic by the way and should go straight into the England team.

• Administrator

Just seen the footage of Aguero and the stewards. Aguero's done absolutely nothing wrong. He's seen a fan get hounded by stewards, simply gone to help him out without hitting anyone or getting anywhere near violent. Police look to stop Aguero from getting involved, as well as Fernandinho, and that's about it.

Who the hell said they hit a steward xD

As four six said fair play to Aguero. And fair play to big Alan Shearer for his sensible views on MOTD. You score a last minute winner and lost your mind, you just go absolutely wild whether you're the player or the fan. If the bloke was running on the pitch to hit a player or to get at the Bournemouth supporters then aye, fair enough.

Over the top and ridiculous that though. Fat ginger steward thinking he's a body guard or something, probably kips in that high viz bib. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Good save, but it wasn't the best penalty. Not quite in the corner and a good height for the keeper.

This is shit from Leicester, though. You can't keep giving the ball away that easily and get away with it, as solid as they may look defensively.

That was our performance in a nutshell. I thought we were well organised today (minus that defending for their first) but our lack of ball retention was embarrassing today. One of the worst passing displays I've ever seen. Time and time again we sussed them and just gave it back to them.

Expected us to lose, weren't thrashed like their previous opponents, and we did make them work for it, but a defeat is a defeat and I can't be positive about it. Simple as.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

In games set up like this, the goal tends to always come from a set piece and lapse of concentration. With Man United pressing well when losing the ball, It's hard for Leicester to withstand that sort of pressure for such long periods, it's thus vital Leicester's ability on the ball when regaining it is of a high quality but it was shocking all game. Hence the game's outcome was only going to go one way, with it not being a question of whether Man United would score but a question of when. Having the likes of Iborra in the team will help Leicester but Shakespeare needs to demonstrate more tactical variation in these games (the Arsenal one went the exact same way).

Maguire was fantastic by the way and should go straight into the England team.

From what I've seen of him I think he could end up being a regular for England. Early impressions but he looks absolutely quality. He's got it all for a defender.

Another thing as well. Graeme Sounness wrote Mikel Merino off as a "joke" last week. Fucking 21 years old and had West Ham's life today. Ran the show. The grey haired stupid cunt. Knows absolutely fuck all. The man took us from 5th to 14th and spent quite a bit to do so. Fucking Tory as well. DIAHF.

Charlie Nicholas also. Saying we should be playing Atsu up front. Not even going to go into any more details about that joke of an opinion. Again another stupid Jock piss head who hasn't got a bastard clue.

Singled these two spacka's out but the "experts" clearly know fuck all. Many others giving us a hard time, other fans will write it off as playing the victim card but there is an agenda against us in the media. Shocking that people like Paul Merson - another piss head - get paid for their fucking spasticated views.

• Subscriber

Souness put 9 Spurs players in team of the year in 2015/16. I'll never take another word he says seriously.

Ultimately most of them haven't got the slightest clue about anyone outside the top 6 or 7 and feel the need to comment despite that.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Souness put 9 Spurs players in team of the year in 2015/16. I'll never take another word he says seriously.

Ultimately most of them haven't got the slightest clue about anyone outside the top 6 or 7 and feel the need to comment despite that.

What makes you think they have any idea about clubs inside the top 6 or 7? Souness recently said Coutinho wasn't a difference maker because he's only worth six or seven goals a season and he doesn't turn up in the big games. In fact, Coutinho scored 14 last year and 12 the season before, and regularly scores and plays well against big teams.

So called experts have repeatedly told me this summer that Liverpool should sell Coutinho so as to reinvest the money in other areas of the squad, an opinion so poorly thought out and ill-informed that it should immediately preclude anyone who holds it, let alone expresses it, from football punditry.

Ultimately I think these clueless mongs are just paid to say anything, whether it's right or wrong, that will generate conversation and attention, and therefore get people to tune in on TV/radio or read articles online.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

What makes you think they have any idea about clubs inside the top 6 or 7? Souness recently said Coutinho wasn't a difference maker because he's only worth six or seven goals a season and he doesn't turn up in the big games. In fact, Coutinho scored 14 last year and 12 the season before, and regularly scores and plays well against big teams.

So called experts have repeatedly told me this summer that Liverpool should sell Coutinho so as to reinvest the money in other areas of the squad, an opinion so poorly thought out and ill-informed that it should immediately preclude anyone who holds it, let alone expresses it, from football punditry.

Ultimately I think these clueless mongs are just paid to say anything, whether it's right or wrong, that will generate conversation and attention, and therefore get people to tune in on TV/radio or read articles online.

That sounds equally as plausible. I've just always got the impression that they spend so long analysing a select group of clubs (who admittedly take up the bulk of the national support) that they know so little about anyone else. "Oh and Stoke, yeah er, Stoke are good at set pieces, physical side, tough place to go"

I'm tired of the same old lazy cliches about how our fans are the problem as well. Sour-mess in particular always uses the line "I know how hard it is to please those fans" blah blah. 

Shearer on MOTD was clearly responding to the unjustified anti-Newcastle fan narrative that has opened the season on our return, he repeatedly said Newcastle fans will love that whilst pointing out players doing basic hunting of the ball. Lineker's response was "don't fans of all clubs love that". Yes Gary but if we are going to be called a one off bunch of monsters who expect to win the league then the positives are going be spoken as a one off as well, that might get through the thick skulls of the pundits who have us pegged as the one and only mighty booboy crisis club.

Had the national radio on in the car last night, they never said we were good, how well we did, a 3-0 win in the Premier League ffs. No, they said how poor West Ham were in a game of no quality. It doesn't fit their narrative of crisis club for us to have played well. Newcastle aren't out of the woods yet said Pat Nevin, how is it even possible to end up in the woods after 2 games? Meanwhile Huddersfield's 0-0 draw at home to Southampton was amazing, incredible, superb.

MOTD commentator said first half of little quality. Us watching it together just looked at each other as if to say we are going to get absolutely nothing.

Part of it is because of Rafa's style which they haven't realised yet, to their shame really. We are compact and play the game in phases, we don't go chasing goals and match of the day highlights from the off, we have a measured game plan. So when we lose the response is (and sometimes from some of our fans) that we need 11 new players because this lot are all Championship, as if any of the expected bottom 6 have much better players. The redcard ruined the game plan against Spurs, the missing key defenders made it harder against Huddersfield. We are not going to go marauding around this league under Rafa. He is a chessboard manager and one of the best in the business. How do they not know that? 

It would be great to get a number 10 who can execute precisely, that is what we need with Rafa's style. Ayoze Perez seems to need 3 attempts for 1 to be good.

We need accuracy to go with the aim of being compact if we are to comfortably survive. 

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Toony said:

Yeah, both feet off ground at knee height. Was a shocker.

Garth Crooks said it was the worst tackle he's seen in 40 years.

just seen it on MOTD now. Absolutely disgusting. Flying in, although only one foot makes contact with Knockaert, it's studs at knee-height. Potential leg-breaker and extremely reckless. 

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I'm tired of the same old lazy cliches about how our fans are the problem as well. Sour-mess in particular always uses the line "I know how hard it is to please those fans" blah blah. 

Shearer on MOTD was clearly responding to the unjustified anti-Newcastle fan narrative that has opened the season on our return, he repeatedly said Newcastle fans will love that whilst pointing out players doing basic hunting of the ball. Lineker's response was "don't fans of all clubs love that". Yes Gary but if we are going to be called a one off bunch of monsters who expect to win the league then the positives are going be spoken as a one off as well, that might get through the thick skulls of the pundits who have us pegged as the one and only mighty booboy crisis club.

Had the national radio on in the car last night, they never said we were good, how well we did, a 3-0 win in the Premier League ffs. No, they said how poor West Ham were in a game of no quality. It doesn't fit their narrative of crisis club for us to have played well. Newcastle aren't out of the woods yet said Pat Nevin, how is it even possible to end up in the woods after 2 games? Meanwhile Huddersfield's 0-0 draw at home to Southampton was amazing, incredible, superb.

MOTD commentator said first half of little quality. Us watching it together just looked at each other as if to say we are going to get absolutely nothing.

Part of it is because of Rafa's style which they haven't realised yet, to their shame really. We are compact and play the game in phases, we don't go chasing goals and match of the day highlights from the off, we have a measured game plan. So when we lose the response is (and sometimes from some of our fans) that we need 11 new players because this lot are all Championship, as if any of the expected bottom 6 have much better players. The redcard ruined the game plan against Spurs, the missing key defenders made it harder against Huddersfield. We are not going to go marauding around this league under Rafa. He is a chessboard manager and one of the best in the business. How do they not know that? 

It would be great to get a number 10 who can execute precisely, that is what we need with Rafa's style. Ayoze Perez seems to need 3 attempts for 1 to be good.

We need accuracy to go with the aim of being compact if we are to comfortably survive. 

Very well said.

Pat Nevin is a four eyed little mong who still gets his dinner money taken off him the little tosser.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived