talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forums

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

@nudge This your type of thing?

Yes, definitely. Have had it on my list for quite a while (it is a book adaptation), but haven't started watching it yet!

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/06/2024 at 22:03, 6666 said:

Ripley.

I've watched 2 episodes and I feel like nothing has happened but I'm gripped so I guess it must be good.

I loved it. It was beautifully shot too. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been watching Presumed Innocent starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Its an episode a week so that's kind of annoying. Definitely nowhere near Gyllenhaal's best work. Too much drama which might put off some people. 4 episodes left. Hoping it picks up. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Any good?

I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons. The characters seem both unlikeable and fascinating lol. Jennifer Coolidge, Alexandra Daddario and Jake Lacy are doing a great job imo.

4 episodes into season 3 of the Bear and I had to stop. Every episode just giving me anxiety with the amount of stress and petulant swearing/arguments they have. This is definitely a filler season and I can't help but feel they are now just living off the success of the first 2 seasons. 

John Cena? Really?

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

4 episodes into season 3 of the Bear and I had to stop. Every episode just giving me anxiety with the amount of stress and petulant swearing/arguments they have. This is definitely a filler season and I can't help but feel they are now just living off the success of the first 2 seasons. 

John Cena? Really?

Could you see him?

Under the Bridge

Under the Bridge is a mini series based on the murder of a Canadian girl of Indian origin, Reena Virk in British Colombia in 1997. Based on actual events. When Reena Virk's body is found in a river, her friends from a nearby foster home emerge as the prime suspects. Stars the lady from Killers of the flower moon and Riley Keough who is Elvis' granddaughter if i am not wrong. It's well made but it's about 2-3 episodes too long at 8 episodes. There is a definite lag in the middle episodes where they focus on the Jehovah's Witness faith of the Virk family but it picks up again after that.

Definitely worth a watch.

7.5/10

Presumed Innocent

Presumed Innocent is an 8 part mini-series starring Jake Gyllenhaal. A public prosecutor is found murdered in her home and the series deals with the investigation and trial that follows. I was not aware that there has already been a movie made on the same novel though they have changed the ending in this one apparently. I am really not convinced with seeing Jake Gyllenhaal as the father of two teens. He is a great actor and he could have done this role in his sleep. There are some fantastic actors in the cast. Peter Sarsgaard is brilliant. The lady who plays Gyllenhaal's wife is brilliant. There is a guy who plays Nico Della Guardia who is fantastic. The series is decent.

7/10

Tried watching the 2nd season of The Bear but just could not. The character playing Sydney is just so annoying. It's like watching a grown woman act and talk like a 9 year old. Horrendous acting. Jeremy Allen White is no acting genius either. The dialogues are so pathetically written. I honestly have no idea how people can sit through it. Just amateurish garbage.

10 hours ago, couscous said:

Tried watching the 2nd season of The Bear but just could not. The character playing Sydney is just so annoying. It's like watching a grown woman act and talk like a 9 year old. Horrendous acting. Jeremy Allen White is no acting genius either. The dialogues are so pathetically written. I honestly have no idea how people can sit through it. Just amateurish garbage.

It's received great reviews from critics and audiences and part of that is for the acting. Maybe its just not your thing

Edited by Gunnersaurus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Been watching season 2 of Tokyo Vice. So far really good. Unfortunately I did read ahead of time when the second season was released fairly early on they announced it was cancelled before a third season was filmed. Its a shame as its actually fairly good, I guess it just wasnt hitting the views. 

Finished season 3 of The Bear. Definitely the weakest of the three seasons, but it was still enjoyable. Definitely felt like filler though, as things didn’t really move along too much. Season 2 was perfection, so it was always going to be tough to follow, but I hope season 4 can pull it back to those levels. 

John Cena was annoying, and I dislike that they have made Fak a full blown fool in season 3. He’s always been quirky, but it almost got to slapstick levels this season, they need to reel that shit in as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Terminator: Zero - 6.5/10

Ended up watching the whole thing yesterday. Has some cool ideas and some of the action is great. A lot of the series is the usual talk talk talk that you get with most anime, and not enough actual action and dread. Still enjoyed it, but if they do more I want to see more of the terminators in action. Also, there are moments where the animation looks great but also some really off putting moments as well. I absolutely hate the cel shaded/ 3D animation that is sometimes used in traditional animation. It’s jarring and shit. 

@Rick I'm half way through terminator zero. I've found it quite entertaining.  Very pessimistic. I've seen all the terminator films and most of the Sarah Connor chronicles and it is by far the most pessimistic. To the point where I can only watch a few episodes or I get depressed.  Good though overall. 

• Subscriber

I think were on episode 3 of The Bear season 3 now. Yeah episode 1 was largely a waste of my 35 mins, idk what? 90%? of that was just recapping whats happended and whats implied in his life? odd to say the least. It picked up a bit but I have to finish it here before making my judgement. Ive seen many comments much like Rick's about it not being a great season so we'll see. It was always an impossible task to measure up to season 2 but I probably still had higher hopes so far anyways.