talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber

Started watching Into the Night on Netflix. A new suspenseful apocalyptic sci-fi thriller series from Belgium with a pretty interesting and unique premise. Basically a bunch of people on a plane learn that due to a solar catastrophy, they can only survive by flying into the night and evading the sunrise. Sounds a bit weird but it's a surprisingly good watch...

On 01/05/2020 at 02:00, nudge said:

@Bluewolf, report your status! 

I just finished it. So annoyed it didn't last longer than two seasons :( 

Finished it last night... decent ending, as it should be. Thought they might have left a little hanger for hopes of a possible 3rd season but as you say it was not to be... Still, glad they got to see it through even if it was just the 2 seasons.. 

• Like 1

I have finally finished watching all five seasons of The Wire and it's glorious, glorious television. 

Why the fuck did I put this off for such a long time, I don't know. Comfortably walks into my favourite TV shows list. Love almost all the characters.

And this is my jam now. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber
On 09/05/2020 at 13:22, Bluewolf said:

Finished it last night... decent ending, as it should be. Thought they might have left a little hanger for hopes of a possible 3rd season but as you say it was not to be... Still, glad they got to see it through even if it was just the 2 seasons.. 

Yeah, the ending was quite nice as that little hanger was exactly what the main characters were talking about a while ago, something like that was inevitable. I still hope someone will pick the series up again in the future :( Completely unlikely to happen, I know. But I really really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1

@nudge have you ever watched 'Nightflyers'??

Thought I would ask as you are bound to have seen it before me :ph34r:

Just flicking about on the tv last night and in the absence of anything else space/sci-fi related to watch I gave it a go.. watched 2 episodes of season 1 so far... Only got a 5.9 rating but I never take any notice of them anyway... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge have you ever watched 'Nightflyers'??

Thought I would ask as you are bound to have seen it before me :ph34r:

Just flicking about on the tv last night and in the absence of anything else space/sci-fi related to watch I gave it a go.. watched 2 episodes of season 1 so far... Only got a 5.9 rating but I never take any notice of them anyway... 

No, I haven't... that horror part in the description might have something to do with that xD If you end up watching it, let me know if I should :D 

I'm currently watching "Into the Night" on Netflix. Very interesting concept of a sci-fi series, pretty unique.

Just now, nudge said:

No, I haven't... that horror part in the description might have something to do with that xD If you end up watching it, let me know if I should :D 

I'm currently watching "Into the Night" on Netflix. Very interesting concept of a sci-fi series, pretty unique.

The one where they are on the plane?? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

The one where they are on the plane?? 

Yes, the one I mentioned earlier.

Started watching Into the Night on Netflix. A new suspenseful apocalyptic sci-fi thriller series from Belgium with a pretty interesting and unique premise. Basically a bunch of people on a plane learn that due to a solar catastrophy, they can only survive by flying into the night and evading the sunrise. Sounds a bit weird but it's a surprisingly good watch...

Have you watched it? I thought the description was a bit meh so I was a bit reluctant but it actually surprised me.

Just now, nudge said:

Yes, the one I mentioned earlier.

Have you watched it? I thought the description was a bit meh so I was a bit reluctant but it actually surprised me.

Watched the first 4 then suddenly found myself having to shelve that because someones house needed painting.. :ph34r: It was interesting so will get back to it as soon as I can.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched the first 4 then suddenly found myself having to shelve that because someones house needed painting.. :ph34r: It was interesting so will get back to it as soon as I can.. 

Same. Well, except the house painting xD Speaking about that, I hope it means the actual house painting, and not the, you know...Jimmy Hoffa and Frank Sheeran mob stuff xD 

irishman-paint-houses.gif?resize=441,291

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Same. Well, except the house painting xD Speaking about that, I hope it means the actual house painting, and not the, you know...Jimmy Hoffa and Frank Sheeran mob stuff xD 

irishman-paint-houses.gif?resize=441,291

One never really knows do they Nudge... why do you think my fees are high?? and 3 sides was clearly 3 different jobs... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, nudge said:

Up to episode 7 now and you are probably right to skip it, It does have some interesting sci-fi related material in it but for the most part it relies on the horror/gore/blood to do a lot of the talking.. some really strange stuff as well, kind of reminds me a little bit of some of the scenes in that film 'Event Horizon' which I doubt you have seen... sort of along those lines 

• Upvote 1

On 11/05/2020 at 17:51, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just finished the latest season of Brooklyn Nine Nine, and it's decent. The usual brand of humour. Not bad but not that great either. Strictly alright.

At least in the past, in terms of storylines, they did great. This season was low on that. Still decent.

One of the best scenes I have seen from the show... cracks me up.. xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched the first two seasons of it as a kid. Even had a crush on Mischa Barton.

The first season was good. 

Yeah I’m really enjoying the first season, the dad is a great character/actor