talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I know I know, I plan to watch it on my own though and its up next xD

Watch it with your dad! My father loves it, and he's not even that much of a Star Wars fan... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Watch it with your dad! My father loves it, and he's not even that much of a Star Wars fan... 

Yeah good point, he does like sci fi. I got him to start watching Raised by Wolves.... hes retired hes got the time :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Been watching The Queens Gambit with my father, 3 episodes in atm. Really good so far. 

The Queen's Gambit is brilliant! Made me interested in Chess again. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Queen's Gambit is brilliant! Made me interested in Chess again. 

The beauty of the show is the chess almost doesnt matter, like you can substitute it with anything else really, painting, a sport idk math, definitely broadens the audience in how theyve done it. Kind of reminds me of A Beautiful Mind in some ways as well. That being said I love that its about Chess! My dad taught me when I was quite young and something we still play to this day. I dont know anything about openings or strategy mind you but I like to think im at least an average player :D I do know that one opening Mr Stible uses on her to check mate her in what 3 moves right off the bat there xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I wondered why the wife was laughing her socks off last night when I was in bed reading a book, she told me this morning and put on...

The Windsors (2016) - Comedy Series - Harry Enfield as Prince Charles 

Haven't laughed like I did watching this for ages. :4_joy:

The Windsors

2016 | 15 | 3 Seasons | Comedy Programmes

The all-too-public trials and tribulations of England's royal family are reimagined as an over-the-top comedic soap opera.

Starring: Harry Enfield, Haydn Gwynne, Hugh Skinner

Creators: George Jeffrie, Bert Tyler-Moore

• Subscriber

Mare of Easttown wrapped up last night. Excellent HBO mini series, id highly recommend checking it out its a small town murder mystery. Kate Winslet is absolutely immense, its an enthrawling story on its own but Kate's character and acting are some of the best Ive seen in recent years. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Mare of Easttown wrapped up last night. Excellent HBO mini series, id highly recommend checking it out its a small town murder mystery. Kate Winslet is absolutely immense, its an enthrawling story on its own but Kate's character and acting are some of the best Ive seen in recent years. 

56d74fc750d9658bb297ddf68ba91070e2-baby-

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

I need to find a new series to watch, and have completely ran out of ideas :( Any help, please?...

What I like: scifi, mystery, history, western, adventure
What I don't particularly like: crime, police procedurals, horror, superheroes, most comedies

My most favourite series: Lost, Dark, For All Mankind, The Expanse, M*A*S*H, Timeless, The Mandalorian, Westworld, Raised by Wolves, Deadwood, Person of Interest, Godless, 11.22.63, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica.

• Subscriber
On 31/05/2021 at 10:36, nudge said:

I need to find a new series to watch, and have completely ran out of ideas :( Any help, please?...

What I like: scifi, mystery, history, western, adventure
What I don't particularly like: crime, police procedurals, horror, superheroes, most comedies

My most favourite series: Lost, Dark, For All Mankind, The Expanse, M*A*S*H, Timeless, The Mandalorian, Westworld, Raised by Wolves, Deadwood, Person of Interest, Godless, 11.22.63, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica.

I dont recall if weve talked about it before but given your list id assume you've watched Firefly?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I dont recall if weve talked about it before but given your list id assume you've watched Firefly?

Yes, you recommend it to me, and I tried hard to like it, but I didn't :( Just couldn't stand the main character, so it put me off the series completely...

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, you recommend it to me, and I tried hard to like it, but I didn't :( Just couldn't stand the main character, so it put me off the series completely...

Well at least you tried, I coulda sworn you would love it. Its SPACE COWBOYS basically! 

Tough cookie. Id recommend two that are both centered around crime. Both mini series and both basically murder mysteries. The Night Of and Mare of Easttown. Other then that have you seen Rome? All i can think of anyways, goodluck :D

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Well at least you tried, I coulda sworn you would love it. Its SPACE COWBOYS basically! 

Tough cookie. Id recommend two that are both centered around crime. Both mini series and both basically murder mysteries. The Night Of and Mare of Easttown. Other then that have you seen Rome? All i can think of anyways, goodluck :D

Yeah, it normally ticked all boxes, but you know how it is, sometimes it just offputing and you don't even know why xD 

Hmmm murder mysteries can be good, even if it's not my prefered genre... Might give it a try if I don't find anything else :D Oh and yes, I have seen Rome :) Good series.

Thanks for the effort, anyway :D 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Started the Mandalorian... 3 episodes in, pretty good so far. Just find it funny that 3 episodes is almost like a mini movie, a mini movie thats better then 2/3 new star wars movies theyve made recently :what:

Because Kathleen Kennedy has nothing to do with it. Rogue One was great as well given she was given a limited role. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because Kathleen Kennedy has nothing to do with it. Rogue One was great as well given she was given a limited role. 

And yet if it wasn't for Kennedy, Favreau & Filoni wouldn't even have had a chance to create The Mandalorian. Yes, she deserves criticism for the direction the franchise took under her leadership, but people acting like she's someone who single-handedly "ruined" Star Wars as if she's some Palpatine kind of evil is truly tiresome. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

And yet if it wasn't for Kennedy, Favreau & Filoni wouldn't even have had a chance to create The Mandalorian. Yes, she deserves criticism for the direction the franchise took under her leadership, but people acting like she's someone who single-handedly "ruined" Star Wars as if she's some Palpatine kind of evil is truly tiresome. 

She really isn't far off.

She didn't ruin Star Wars per say but she genuinely ruined any potential the new trilogy could of had. It's no surprise the projects she has backed off from have been brilliant, and Lucasfilms and Favreau himself want to keep it that way moving forward, which is brilliant for the franchise. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

She really isn't far off.

She didn't ruin Star Wars per say but she genuinely ruined the potential the new trilogy could of had. It's no surprise the projects she has backed off from have been brilliant, and Lucasfilms and Favreau himself want to keep it that way moving forward, which is brilliant for the franchise. 

My point is, you can't cherry pick - she's equally as responsible for the successes of the franchise as she is responsible for its failures, especially when she okays or vetoes the projects and picks the people to create them.

54 minutes ago, nudge said:

My point is, you can't cherry pick - she's equally as responsible for the successes of the franchise as she is responsible for its failures, especially when she okays or vetoes the projects and picks the people to create them.

Sorry, not having that. That's like saying you can't criticise D&D for the abomination that was season 8 in game of thrones because they gave us battle of the bastards. Those that create the entertainment can be equally criticised for ruining it. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sorry, not having that. That's like saying you can't criticise D&D for the abomination that was season 8 in game of thrones because they gave us battle of the bastards. Those that create the entertainment can be equally criticised for ruining it. 

I didn't say you can't criticise her though? My point was, if you criticise her for bad decisions, you have to be ready to give her credit for the good ones. Big difference.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

I haven't been able to find any show nearly as captivating since I completed 'Dark'.

Thats a tough one to follow. If you havent checked it out yet I would highly recommend The Queens Gambit though, thats what Ive gone onto after Dark :)