talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

He was. Got to be two defenders there (assuming one of these is normally always the keeper) and Karius had come out.

He wasn't. It came off Milner so it's irrelevant how many defenders are back there. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Teso dos Bichos may just be the greatest wum this forum has ever seen. He's not even online because of his hectic schedule and people are still trying to goad him. What a guy.

Glad you acknowledge it's not just me, unlike Stab.

A bit of subject but is lampard thinking of going into management. His punditry is brilliant and he is clearly intelligent and knows the game

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

A bit of subject but is lampard thinking of going into management. His punditry is brilliant and he is clearly intelligent and knows the game

If he does, he should learn from Gary Neville and realise that being a good pundit does not necessarily translate to being a good manager. It's probably best for him to learn his trade at a smaller club before taking on a role like Valencia in La Liga. Because I don't think Neville can reasonably expect to be offered a job in management ever again, whereas if he took over a League 2 or 1 side maybe he wouldn't be considered such a failure as a manager.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That makes it 10 times we've progressed to the semis from 14 quarter finals.

Do you know what we call that?

Say it with me: H E R I T A G E

Yet still the first time you have reached the semi finals of The Champions League in a decade. 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Yet still the first time you have reached the semi finals of The Champions League in a decade. 

Well it would have been pretty odd to have made the semi finals when we weren't in the competition or struggling to get out of the group stages because Rodgers didn't understand the concept of a Liverpool FC without Suarez.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Roma are our only hope now. All the other teams are either evil ( real madrid-bayern) or just smug cunts (liverpool)

Smug cunts sort of describes every English football fan ever, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he does, he should learn from Gary Neville and realise that being a good pundit does not necessarily translate to being a good manager. It's probably best for him to learn his trade at a smaller club before taking on a role like Valencia in La Liga. Because I don't think Neville can reasonably expect to be offered a job in management ever again, whereas if he took over a League 2 or 1 side maybe he wouldn't be considered such a failure as a manager.

The thing about punditry is a lot of it is in highnsight. I think @6666 has said this lots of times. If man city go through tonight pep is consider a great attacking manager. Because they lost he is naive. The fact is whatever you do it can go wrong.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well it would have been pretty odd to have made the semi finals when we weren't in the competition or struggling to get out of the group stages because Rodgers didn't understand the concept of a Liverpool FC without Suarez.

That's your heritage.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Don't worry mate, I'll have a word with him in the staff room.

i can't believe you said that about him. bit harsh.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The thing about punditry is a lot of it is in highnsight. I think @6666 has said this lots of times. If man city go through tonight pep is consider a great attacking manager. Because they lost he is naive. The fact is whatever you do it can go wrong.

Yeah, to be fair, I think quite a few posters on here would be really good pundits. I think we've got a lot of people who can solidly analyse the football they've seen and give more insightful comments than a lot of former pros that end up getting that job. But it's a hell of a lot easier to report back on the good/bad of what you've seen than it is to set up a side to play and do the good things that win football matches and avoid the bad things that lose football matches.

And I'm not surprised for one second that Frank Lampard and Gary Neville, two very good players who had very good football brains, are good pundits. That's sort of what I'd expect (although I didn't think I'd find Neville to be as impartial as he is, but it's cool that he is). But yeah, it's a lot fucking easier to be a good pundit than a good manager.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing Lampard go into management and do well. He's a legend of the English game, and it would be cool to see him further his legend by being a quality manager. But I think he's got to start at the right level rather than bite off more than he can chew.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

Archived