talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)

Yeah if tonight was a league game, who would give a shit about the 2 away goals. But apparently, we're not allowed to be happy to have scored 5 today because we conceded those 2 goals. It's arbitrarily moving goalposts around so they can just make shit arguments and feel like they've got something valid to stand behind.

It's a bit funny how when Liverpool is involved some people just can't handle it at all. Silliest shit being prattled about at times.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

How much outrage was there about the City bus getting a few bottles thrown at it on here? Yet Roma leave an old fella hospitalised and I think I've seen one post. Strange. Said that would happen if we drew them. Be 100x worse over the next week too

Yeah, but I'm not too surprised that some people have some faux moral outrage about some morons beer bottles hitting a bus so they can shit on Liverpool fans on the internet more than they care about whether some even bigger morons kick seven shades of shit out of an old man. Roma & Lazio fans have a stabby reputation as well so next week is going to probably have some bad headlines. But I bet they won't get the same kind of twitter twatter response as beer bottles hitting a bus.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TAD, if it's all about the league then the past 4 winners except maybe Barcelona in 2015 were shit.

Liverpool began performing later on in the season after they've reinforced their defense, and by then it was too late. The dropped points against United hurt them too but that was only 1 game after that. 

I still think Liverpool in 2013-14 was better than this, and they didn't win anything.

Roma unlucky to not get the first goal, they started superb and created all sorts of problems to the home side but Liverpool grew very well around 20-25  mins mark in the first half and ever since then it was all one way traffic. I thought liverpool cant win the midfield battle against DeRossi, Strootman and Naiggolan (the last one was great today I thought) but they just bypassed the midfield through long balls and using the wings and full backs which was a great strategy by them. It was a rout and liverpool could have easily scored 2-3 more. I thought the penaly call was a little harsh and would have been the absolute talking point if the score was close like 3-2 or 2-2 as it would have mattered a lot. Read the stat somewhere that Roma didnt let anyone score at their home but I fancy liverpool to score atleast once and bury the tie as their front men are way too powerful.  I believe it must be very exciting for liverpool fans with the fantastic and mad football they are playing and also winning. I hope they go and win the trophy, it would be a fresh breath of air to see someone other than the big 3 clubs winning it after half a decade. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah if tonight was a league game, who would give a shit about the 2 away goals. But apparently, we're not allowed to be happy to have scored 5 today because we conceded those 2 goals. It's arbitrarily moving goalposts around so they can just make shit arguments and feel like they've got something valid to stand behind.

It's a bit funny how when Liverpool is involved some people just can't handle it at all. Silliest shit being prattled about at times.

Yeah, but I'm not too surprised that some people have some faux moral outrage about some morons beer bottles hitting a bus so they can shit on Liverpool fans on the internet more than they care about whether some even bigger morons kick seven shades of shit out of an old man. Roma & Lazio fans have a stabby reputation as well so next week is going to probably have some bad headlines. But I bet they won't get the same kind of twitter twatter response as beer bottles hitting a bus.

You wait mate, there will be Liverpool fans getting stabbed n lot next week. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

TAD, if it's all about the league then the past 4 winners except maybe Barcelona in 2015 were shit.

Real last season were quality. 

However, the last two times they won it previously, they weren't even the best in Spain and before that they won it whilst not even being the best team in Madrid. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Real last season were quality. 

However, the last two times they won it previously, they weren't even the best in Spain and before that they won it whilst not even being the best team in Madrid. 

Real Madrid based on league form were the third best team in Spain in 2013-14, and they were excellent in the UCL. That doesn't mean they were shit.

Just now, Blue said:

Real Madrid based on league form were the third best team in Spain in 2013-14, and they were excellent in the UCL. That doesn't mean they were shit.

You are the only one saying 'shit'

I'm saying they win the champions league whilst not even being the best team in the country. 

25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool's ultimate ambition is the league title. Tonight showed they are as far away as ever from that. They cannot manage situations, they cant keep control of a game. Okay, they probably will go through, they may even win it...it is a cup competition after all. Ultimately the same issues that have been at Liverpool for 30 years are still there snd dont look any closer to being worked out. 

Im trying to understand your point,.... what are you trying to say mate? Should they walk off the competition because they are "bad" and "cannot manage situations" ?

I get it if someone says they played bad or they got lucky with a referee decision or something like that after any match but what are you trying to say here. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm saying they win the champions league whilst not even being the best team in the country. 

There is really no distinction depending on the quality of the league. If it's a top league like the PL, you can be the best in the world while winning it, but I also think you can make a fair argument if you win the UCL despite it being a shorter competition.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I personally don't think you can win the Champions League while being shit. You have to face some good sides to get far in the competition, you're not going to survive two legs against good sides when you're shit. But the idea that the winners are always going to be the best sides in Europe and the most elite clubs ever, every single fucking year, requires forgetting the fact that there's plenty of times where the winner of the CL is not the winner of their league. And there's plenty of winners who were unexpected.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nobody taking the bet then?

Its unbelievable that everyone believes Real or Munich will easily do us in a final that we aren’t even in yet... but won’t take the bet? 

It’s off the table lads. 

Maybe people dont have 500.00 to spare for a two horse race? Anyone can win it. My point is that Liverpool look no closer than ever to being a league side.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nobody taking the bet then?

Its unbelievable that everyone believes Real or Munich will easily do us in a final that we aren’t even in yet... but won’t take the bet? 

It’s off the table lads. 

I believe Real will win it against you if that happens to be the final, maybe not bayern but madrid are way too familiar of this territory and i see them winning if its liverpool vs madrid. Obviously anything can happen on that day but I think they have a lot more chances against liverpool

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Maybe people dont have 500.00 to spare for a two horse race? Anyone can win it. My point is that Liverpool look no closer than ever to being a league side.

It’s not a two horse race. We still have to go to Rome and conclude this tie. Then we have to face either Real or Munich and I’m saying I’ll bet £500 that we win it. 

What has us winning the league have to do with it? 

Honestly mate, you are having a mare tonigh.  

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nah your original point was that Liverpool are shit and Real and Bayern will be laughing having to face them in the final. Now it's a two horse race and anyone can win it

The debate about winning the league should be brought up by salty folks only if liverpool fans claim that they are the best club of this season for winning the UCL but not during wining the first leg of the semis by a good margin.

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

I believe Real will win it against you if that happens to be the final, maybe not bayern but madrid are way too familiar of this territory and i see them winning if its liverpool vs madrid. Obviously anything can happen on that day but I think they have a lot more chances against liverpool

Agree mate and on paper Real should win it but I’m betting on impulse and nobody seems to want to take me up on it even though the odds are well and truly stacked against me. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

There is really no distinction depending on the quality of the league. If it's a top league like the PL, you can be the best in the world while winning it, but I also think you can make a fair argument if you win the UCL despite it being a shorter competition.

I think they're totally different tournaments. I don't think you can really gauge which team is the best in the world based on just the winner of those tournaments alone - I think there's a lot more factors.

The CL is, imo, the premier cup competition in Europe, particularly in the knockout stage. Both home and away legs are especially great when you've got European heavyweights fighting it out for the chance to go onto the next round. And it's more unpredictable than a league. But to win a league you've got to be extremely consistent and the side that wins the league has the best claim for saying they're the best at football in that country. After all, they did it consistently over a league season. 

Back to the tie though... I'm very fucking nervous. There's no way Roma continues with that defensive strategy again... but I also think no way we take Salah off until the final whistle now. We need another defensive performance like the one against Citeh, and we need to be able to fight back if they score the first goal like we did against the English champions.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Agree mate and on paper Real should win it but I’m betting on impulse and nobody seems to want to take me up on it even though the odds are well and truly stacked against me. 

500 is a lot but im okay with 25 pounds for the below scenario.

Liverpool vs Madrid final

I call madrid win and if I lose I donate 25 pounds to the forum and if I win you do the same

Any other final, the deal is off

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nah your original point was that Liverpool are shit and Real and Bayern will be laughing having to face them in the final. Now it's a two horse race and anyone can win it

Well ive gone between, i admit that. I think Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are a class above Liverpool but ultimately it is cup football and Liverpool beat Ac milan in 2005 despite being massively inferior.

1 minute ago, Asura said:

500 is a lot but im okay with 25 pounds for the below scenario.

Liverpool vs Madrid final

I call madrid win and if I lose I donate 25 pounds to the forum and if I win you do the same

Any other final, the deal is off

I love that, I love how you are the only one who will put your money where your mouth is. 

I’m not budging though mate. Everyone else on here who said we won’t win it has disappeared as soon as I’ve put money down. 

I’m confident. I think that we can win it. Anyone like them above that say we are shit like @The Artful Dodger Can happily take my money and take the bet? 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived