talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If they play the same formation and same style in Rome.... We’ll score 5 again. 

Not worried at all. 

They won't though.

Conceding the two late goals takes a bit of a shine off that but you'd have definitely taken a three goal lead going there. I know they haven't conceded at home in Europe this season but I'm confident we can go there and score

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not worried at all. 

They've only played 3 at the back a few times this season - I think their manager tried to make a sneaky tactical decision. And for the start of the match, in the first 20 or so minutes, I thought it paid off because we didn't look great. But it's fair to say it was a tactical decision that backfired because we started playing very direct against that high line.

I doubt they'll try that again.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not worried at all. 

I was talking to a friend about it. I think DiFra should try set up his team like Mourinho did against Liverpool, defend deep with at least 7 men. Dzeko in that scenario would play like Lukaku, trying to explore Lovren. Schick could also start he adds height and physicality. And like they did against Barcelona, roof the ball. xD

I'm not as confident we'll grab an away goal. That record of not conceding a goal at home in Europe isn't something to be scoffed at. They were up against Messi and Suarez in the last leg and overturned a 3 goal deficit - so it's not like it's not tested against a great attack.

We need to defend well like we did against City, as my medical colleague @Mantis Toboggan M.D. elaborated. We'll also need another big performance just overall - the midfield needs to keep having high energy performances (which is going to be tasking for our depth with that pretty bad looking injury to the Ox), and from the front 3 again.

• Subscriber

Some entertaining stuff that. Think we'll get a goal or two in Rome. The real question is how many we'll concede as well. Just have to keep the intensity up like we did in the first half and we'll get through the second leg. Not worried at all.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

The 2 goals conceded have taken the gloss off but we are winning this whole competition, mark my words! 

I can smell it :D

I swear to Robbie Fowler... if you just Teso'd us I'll fucking cut you.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I swear to Robbie Fowler... if you just Teso'd us I'll fucking cut you.

If you mention Fowler and  cutting in the same sentence you're going to have start drawing white lines too.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Let's face it bayern and real madrid must be laughing their tits off at either of these sides. Long ball Liverpool wont have the anfield crowd in Kiev. They are shit.

Go to bed you berk xD

Ill have you a £500 bet that we beat whichever we face in the final?

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Let's face it bayern and real madrid must be laughing their tits off at either of these sides. Long ball Liverpool wont have the anfield crowd in Kiev. They are shit.

Just like City would go through easy over two legs, eh mate?

• The title was changed to Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived