Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Ki Sung-Yueng Joins Newcastle

Everton are interested in signing Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-yueng, according to Sky sources.

The South Korean's current deal at the Liberty Stadium expires at the end of the season.

AC Milan and four other Premier League clubs are also interested in signing the 28-year-old player.

I like Ki one of the better South Korean players, done well for Swansea and if he isn't too expensive could be a good addition for the Toffes.

8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

He was good 4 years ago, dunno about now. Rafa likes experienced squad depth though. 

Have South Korea left Russia already then? Took a detour to Newcastle?

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Have South Korea left Russia already then? Took a detour to Newcastle?

Probably. Most usually leave the day after they get knocked out, I think England once left on the day if I remember rightly. I guess he probably flew back to the UK rather than South Korea as he lives here. Or he had the medical wherever he is.

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Probably. Most usually leave the day after they get knocked out, I think England once left on the day if I remember rightly. I guess he probably flew back to the UK rather than South Korea as he lives here. Or he had the medical wherever he is.

It was probably this one in all honestly. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

He was decent for Swansea but I've not idea where he's been for the past couple of years, didn't he go to Cardiff@Bluebird Hewitt

Nah. We had Kim Bo-Kyung who was actually quite decent but lightweight. Didn't do much at Wigan and then work permit changes basically saw him head back to the Far East.

As for Ki, he's been at Swansea for about 6 years. xD

Not a bad signing. He's still got a bit of skill about him

Signed for Newcastle. @Harvsky

I can't remember him doing anything really for Swansea for some time. A good player for Celtic and Korea. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs.

He was good for the mackems but this is years ago.

End of the day it looks like we will be signing a more expensive centre mid from abroad so K.I.S.Y (xD) will give us depth and cover in case that goes wrong.

Imo he's still a quality player, just struggled to show it when Swansea entered their recent shambolic phase.

In an organised side with a clear gameplan, and a defined role for him, I think he'll show his old self.

Went on loan to Sunderland for that one season and then stopped being good.