• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Lost 2-1 to Udinese earlier in Austria. Awful first half but the second was a bit better. Defence still looks very dodgy. If Morgan is starting regularly for us this year we're in trouble, he's completely shot at this level now. We've taken too many players on tour for me, way too many playing who shouldn't be featuring this season.

Hoping the next two games against Valencia and Lille will be similar to what we expect to play at Man Utd in two weeks.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

The Internatonal Champions Cup is a very decent competition actually. Proper way to start the season.

Arthur scores in his debut and that's a very nice goal.

A bit of an overblown name tho.

Sounds like a more enticing trophy to win than the UEFA champions league.... 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Dan said:

Lost 2-1 to Udinese earlier in Austria. Awful first half but the second was a bit better. Defence still looks very dodgy. If Morgan is starting regularly for us this year we're in trouble, he's completely shot at this level now. We've taken too many players on tour for me, way too many playing who shouldn't be featuring this season.

Hoping the next two games against Valencia and Lille will be similar to what we expect to play at Man Utd in two weeks.

Maddison has impressed me a lot in all games so far. 

• Subscriber

Got up at 4 this morning and watched our game - I really miss proper football now.

Classic game of two halves. Barca all over us first half with more of their first team squad out there. Arthur scored a lovely goal and we couldn't get near them at times. Classic Barcelona possession football playing out from the back

Second half roles were reversed, they changed the team completely - including bringing on Malcolm for his debut - but was largely a youth team squad. Then we were all over them, got it back to 2-2 and should have won really. Eriksen in particular dominated the second half. 

We then lost on penalties xD

Ultimately you can't really take anything from the game, other than good for Eriksen, Son and Davies to get a full 90 minutes. The rest are youth team players, or those likely to be sold in the next couple of weeks. 

35 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

You never really liked Ozil did you ?

Actually I did...   Believe it or not I loved him at Real Madrid and when Arsenal signed him I stayed glued to the tv until it was confirmed that evening. You get more of a sense of Özil actually watching him at the stadium than on the television.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Maddison has impressed me a lot in all games so far. 

Maddison is absolute quality. I reckon he'll go on to play for England.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Any decent streams for the Arsenal Chelsea match? I'm on my way home with the hope of watching it...won't bother rushing if there are no streams.

I have one but not keen on sharing with a gooner... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

We should be 3-0 up by now... Clinical finishing will be the death of us.. 

Think the last handful of games we've had that included last seasons, we finished games off at only 1-0. 

It's becoming a growing issue now. Morata doesn't look to get better 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Think the last handful of games we've had that included last seasons, we finished games off at only 1-0. 

It's becoming a growing issue now. Morata doesn't look to get better 

He seems up for it but something is not right with him.. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or what but I would have expected much better... 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He seems up for it but something is not right with him.. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or what but I would have expected much better... 

Batshuayi atm is what I am hoping for. Think he has everything to strive in Sarri's system. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived