talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga to be shown on Eleven Sports in the UK

• Subscriber

So after one set of fixtures, what is the overall verdict, and does anyone have a Samsung phone or other Android, and know anything about whether it is possible to cast that to any apps on your smart TV? Seems unlikely at the moment sadly unless they're releasing an Eleven Sports tv app.

Finally, can you log into this on your laptop?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So after one set of fixtures, what is the overall verdict, and does anyone have a Samsung phone or other Android, and know anything about whether it is possible to cast that to any apps on your smart TV? Seems unlikely at the moment sadly unless they're releasing an Eleven Sports tv app.

I can’t speak for Android as I run totally Apple. But I can tell you as others have done that the quality and professionalism considering this has only just started is fantastic. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

There is already an app - it's what I use on my iPad. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I've got Google Pixel which uses Android OS.

Verdict - first impressions very good. Streaming quality is superb and apart from one audio glitch during one game where I had to restart the app, no issues at all in 3 games I've watched. Doesn't take long to restart either. No problems logging in or loading streams.

Casting - not tried it. Probably unlikely.

App - already an app which is very easy to use.

Laptop - yep!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I thought you could Chromecast any tab on your web browser, or have I missed something?

don't know. try it and let us know :D 

18 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I would mate, but I don't have a Chromecast or an Eleven Sports subscription xD

You could’ve still done it because they have lots of free stuff on their app without subscription. Although if you don’t have Chromecast then you cant. xD

Just heard rumours from the upper echelons of where I work that Eleven Sports are already in negotiations for the sale of their network to Apple Inc.  This is apparently a strategy in Apple's attempt to pre-empty Amazon and their known interest in acquiring premium sports from around the world.

It doesn't stop there... Apple Inc. are looking to tumble media giant SKY International PLC and obtain the Premier League also in the next five years as they join forces with Telefónica SPA (the Spanish telecommunications giant that also owns the worldwide giant Movistar) that own a majority in British Telecommunications (BT). 

Watch this space because our football is about to change and it's all going online!

• Administrator

Just subscribed to the Early Bird Annual pass for £50. Free 7-day trial ended and it's a no-brainer considering it's £6/m after that so that's £72 per year.  Saving a bit for the next 12 months and no doubt Eleven Sports will pick up more coverage of football or other sports going forward. Plus the standard is seriously good for streaming.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just subscribed to the Early Bird Annual pass for £50. Free 7-day trial ended and it's a no-brainer considering it's £6/m after that so that's £72 per year.  Saving a bit for the next 12 months and no doubt Eleven Sports will pick up more coverage of football or other sports going forward. Plus the standard is seriously good for streaming.

How do you get the free trial? I downloaded the app and it's asking me to buy a pass.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

How do you get the free trial? I downloaded the app and it's asking me to buy a pass.

offer might have expired. That was towards the start of this month, then paid for a week and now on the annual.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What a silly bunch of cunts.

Honestly mate... In the XXI century to read the word PROHIBITED where showing something as mundane as football on a tv screen goes beyond anything that's thrown at Victorian society had it been active in our times.  It's so backward! :dam:

Lucky I can watch it with my Canal+ subscription but for those living in the UK that have subscribed to Eleven Sports and that THEY ARE willing to show it as its part of their schedule but aren't permitted must make some feel that they're living in a bubble that has no association with anything elsewhere on the continent let alone the world.

The football blackout on Saturdays is a weird one. Not just because of foreign leagues not being shown here but literally every other country gets to watch our games during that time which we're not supposed to watch. It's also one of the reasons the prices of tickets are high. 

• Administrator

What absolute planks. The FA that is. That rule was to protect football clubs in England from their fans staying away and damaging the sport as a whole. Note, England. As if the majority of footballing fans were to turn around and say “bollocks to my season ticket. Real Sociedad are streaming on an internet service!”

12 hours ago, Batard said:

What absolute planks. The FA that is. That rule was to protect football clubs in England from their fans staying away and damaging the sport as a whole. Note, England. As if the majority of footballing fans were to turn around and say “bollocks to my season ticket. Real Sociedad are streaming on an internet service!”

Yeah, thought it was to historically protect the ‘live game’. Clubs have more fans than season tickets holders or match day goers. It’s a dinosaur rule, not exactly shocking that FA is still run by dinosaurs.

For me it’s all about the word PROHIBITED in the 21st century on something that causes no danger to anyone. It’s totally draconian.  It’s a mark of our society in the UK and how we function as a collective that these things are permitted to exist. I don’t know of a first world country where this could be something that is allowed to exist. At least not in Europe. 

FIFA president Gianni Infantino has voiced his objection to leagues playing competitive games abroad ahead of a proposed Girona vs Barcelona La Liga match in Miami.

As part of a 15-year deal signed with entertainment and sports group Relevent in August, the Spanish top flight wants to play at least one regular-season game a year in North America.

This season, Girona's 'home' game against Barcelona is set to be played in Miami's Hard Rock stadium on January 26.

"I think I would prefer to see a great MLS (Major League Soccer) game in the US rather than La Liga being in the US," Infantino said.

"In football, the general principle is that you play a 'home' match at 'home', and not in a foreign country."

He then explained "there are procedures in place for these things" and said FIFA "will wait to receive anything official and then we'll look into it".

Archived