talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

Away in Madeira for a week. Will make sure I get a snap of the Ronaldo statue on my way home for the members pictures thread.

First time abroad in almost three years so enjoying the opportunity to get at least a bit of a tan back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9I'm off to Barcelona in a few weeks, any recommendations for what to see @SirBalon

I'm already on planning on seeing Sagrada Familiar, Las Ramblas and the Nou Camp ;). We are also looking to go Park Guell as out accomadation is close. Also any places for food which may not be well known.

I know it's a bit cheeky to ask but I though you'd be my go to man. :x

5 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

9I'm off to Barcelona in a few weeks, any recommendations for what to see @SirBalon

I'm already on planning on seeing Sagrada Familiar, Las Ramblas and the Nou Camp ;). We are also looking to go Park Guell as out accomadation is close. Also any places for food which may not be well known.

I know it's a bit cheeky to ask but I though you'd be my go to man. :x

One of my favourites if not my favourite city in the world of all the ones I’ve been to and I kid you not. The only one I like as much is New York.

Eating is my favourite thing so I’ll start with that mate.

Tickets Bar: A tapas bar that was started with the collaboration of the best chef in the world, Ferran Adrià and which is on the parallel road to Las Ramblas. Infact that’s the name of the road, Avenida del Paral-lel. Top tapas and a great scene close to the hustle and bustle of Barcelona.

Pim Pam Burger: An odd place that fills up at nights with all types of odd bohemian artist folk and which do some great tapas and obviously with a name like that, top burgers, Spanish burgers which are amazing. Great music and top atmosphere.

Accés: This is the priciest of the three I’m giving you although nowhere near as pricey as some of the places I’d love to tell you to go to (although if you want that lost of the best, tell me and I’ll happily give it to you), but it’s not extortionate and the food is out of this world in my view. Here in London you’d have to go Michelin star rating to get anywhere near that. I really recommend this place because there are others like Can Roca and the Berasetegui restaurant which are the best, but it costs.

Places to go... You’ve already named some of the iconic ones. But others are...

Casa Milà: Which is also a creation of the master Gaudi (like Parc Güell).

Gothic Quarter: It’s self explanatory what this beautiful area of Barcelona is all about. Great little bars and beautiful buildings and churches in incredibly narrow streets.

Montjuic: One of the high points of the city where the Olympic Stadium is situated. Beautiful and wonderful views of the city.

Palau Nacional: One of the main museums in Barcelona. I just love it because of the building and the surrounding area.

Then there are places just outside Barcelona like Montserrat or the dozens of beaches like Sitges or the multitude of piazzas like Plaça Catalunya or Plaça Espanya. I could go on and on but then I have to finish my part with the Camp Nou so you can be baptised. xD;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Saving up to go to Puerto Montt in the south of Chile this July. I finally found some people who are willing to travel with me and I'm going to try and take advantage. Heard the areas somewhat close to the Patagonia are stunning.

19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

One of my favourites if not my favourite city in the world of all the ones I’ve been to and I kid you not. The only one I like as much is New York.

Tickets Bar: A tapas bar that was started with the collaboration of the best chef in the world, Ferran Adrià and which is on the parallel road to Las Ramblas. Infact that’s the name of the road, Avenida del Paral-lel. Top tapas and a great scene close to the hustle and bustle of Barcelona.

Pim Pam Burger: An odd place that fills up at nights with all types of odd bohemian artist folk and which do some great tapas and obviously with a name like that, top burgers, Spanish burgers which are amazing. Great music and top atmosphere.

Accés: This is the priciest of the three I’m giving you although nowhere near as pricey as some of the places I’d love to tell you to go to (although if you want that lost of the best, tell me and I’ll happily give it to you), but it’s not extortionate and the food is out of this world in my view. Here in London you’d have to go Michelin star rating to get anywhere near that. I really recommend this place because there are others like Can Roca and the Berasetegui restaurant which are the best, but it costs.

Places to go... You’ve already named some of the iconic ones. But others are...

Casa Milà: Which is also a creation of the master Gaudi (like Parc Güell).

Gothic Quarter: It’s self explanatory what this beautiful area of Barcelona is all about. Great little bars and beautiful buildings and churches in incredibly narrow streets.

Montjuic: One of the high points of the city where the Olympic Stadium is situated. Beautiful and wonderful views of the city.

Palau Nacional: One of the main museums in Barcelona. I just love it because of the building and the surrounding area.

Then there are places just outside Barcelona like Montserrat or the dozens of beaches like Sitges or the multitude of piazzas like Plaça Catalunya or Plaça Espanya. I could go on and on but then I have to finish my part with the Camp Nou so you can be baptised. xD;)

Thanks a lot mate. I'm going with the other half and she has been there many times through family living near the city, but has asked me to decide on what to do. You can only really gage on what's good from Google, so I thought I'd ask you knowing you have spent a lot of time there.

Thanks again mate really appreciate the help.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Thanks a lot mate. I'm going with the other half and she has been there many times through family living near the city, but has asked me to decide on what to do. You can only really gage on what's good from Google, so I thought I'd ask you knowing you have spent a lot of time there.

Thanks again mate really appreciate the help.

i'd watch out for @SirBalon. he's the reason Barcelona gets that 'pick-pocketing' reputation...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

i'd watch out for @SirBalon. he's the reason Barcelona gets that 'pick-pocketing' reputation...

Chaaay already knows... I’m the only pick-pocket in the world that does it in crispy white ultra thin speedos while wearing swimming goggles and flying a pink kite. O.o

They don’t even see the situation coming and have no idea what they must be looking at. :$

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Chaaay already knows... I’m the only pick-pocket in the world that does it in crispy white ultra thin speedos while wearing swimming goggles and flying a pink kite. O.o

They don’t even see the situation coming and have no idea what they must be looking at. :$

You coming fishing with me and Rebel?   you can wear your speedos as well. 

8 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Going to Barcelona in July, want to try Patrick Kluivert's restaurant there,  have you been to it @SirBalon  its called  Carpe Diem Lounge Club

Wow! No mate, didn’t know about that. I’ll try it next time I’m there. Thanks for that! ;)

On 4/29/2018 at 08:56, Stan said:

Going back to Biscarrosse (near Bordeaux) in September

Nice beaches there mate? How is it compared to Biarritz?

On 4/29/2018 at 07:29, SirBalon said:

Friends say I "eat like a king." Love eating. When you get the chance I'd love to see that List, mate. Been looking into property in Sarria-Sant Gervasi (La Zona Alta) but please don't let that limit your recommendations. Thank you so very much.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Nice beaches there mate? How is it compared to Biarritz?

Never been Biarritz mate so can't compare!

Beaches are amazing though. Love it there. There's a place we went to called Dune de Pilat not far from one of the beaches near Bordeaux. It's the tallest sand dune in Europe. Must admit that when we went, it's the best viewpoint I've had of a sunset and hundreds of people flock there each day (in summer, anyway) to catch a sight of how scenic the sunset can be. I'll get some pictures up later. 

• Like 1

Scrap it, I actually am gonna save up to go back to the UK in december.

Want to stay in Hartlepool. Basically want to emulate the idea of an English football fan for 2 months.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Scrap it, I actually am gonna save up to go back to the UK in december.

Want to stay in Hartlepool. Basically want to emulate the idea of an English football fan for 2 months.

What 

Just now, Toinho said:

What 

One of my dream is to support a football club like the English - travelling across the country for home and away games.

Can't really do that here, and London bores me as I've been twice. Want to try elsewhere. Gonna try the North.