talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Blue said:

I so nearly chose to go to Whitehorse actually because that part of the world is fascinating, time doesn't allow it though.

Whitehorse and Yellowknife as far as I'm aware are still boreal forests rather than tundra like Nunavut. Its still a lot better though as you still get a feel of the great white north. Would you be going in the winter or summer as part of your plans?

Anyways I'm only doing Terrace and Prince Rupert. I should probably do Whitehorse but a good friend lives in Terrace, so I opted for that. Right now I'm looking for wildlife tours to see the moose, bears and cougars. That's always a roll of the dice, but one that's worth it in my opinion. Found a few sites that could help out, hopefully they ask for a reasonable price (custom tours).

Look forward to this as I've only ever been in the east coast of Canada despite living in TO for 12 years. 

Ive heard good things about Whitehorse that one is my radar as well. Im mostly in the same boat, Im interested in the wildlife tours and the chance to photograph some of these animals in the wild, well that and the northern lights. I havent really planned or looked into anything its just something me and the significant other have talked about over the years and in the next year or two we might actually have the chance so let me know what you get up and what you recommend after.

Personally I've never been further east the TO/Montreal, I've got lots of this country left to explore. Always wanted to do a roadtrip accross Canada too.

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

anyone ever been to Edinburgh?

I'm staying on the Royal Mile for the Fringe Festival next weekend. Any pubs/restaurants to recommend?

I'm wondering if @Inverted @Rab @ScoRoss have some expert knowledge...

Yeah I know a great place. Just hop on a train or taxi heading west and you'll be there in about 45 minutes.

map-33810_1-33675_1.jpg

• Haha 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yeah I know a great place. Just hop on a train or taxi heading west and you'll be there in about 45 minutes.

map-33810_1-33675_1.jpg

or i could just purposely miss the flight to Scotland in the first place and save myself the bother...

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

or i could just purposely miss the flight to Scotland in the first place and save myself the bother...

In seriousness I don’t really know anywhere good for food or a drink in Edinburgh, whenever I’m there I’m just having dinner at the girlfriend’s flat.

I would say however that any place on or near the Royal Mile will likely be packed with tourists this time of year. Even if you go a few streets away like around the Grassmarket, it will be slightly better.

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

In seriousness I don’t really know anywhere good for food or a drink in Edinburgh, whenever I’m there I’m just having dinner at the girlfriend’s flat.

I would say however that any place on or near the Royal Mile will likely be packed with tourists this time of year. Even if you go a few streets away like around the Grassmarket, it will be slightly better.

fine, what's her address then? :D

Cheers, I'll be one of those tourists so it'll only be to find something in between shows to get a drink or two and get dinner somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

fine, what's her address then? :D

Cheers, I'll be one of those tourists so it'll only be to find something in between shows to get a drink or two and get dinner somewhere.

She loves cooking Indian food but I think that’s as far as her tastes go 😁

Yeah if you’re just there a few days then it’s not so bad shelling out a few extra pounds somewhere more central.

Edited by Inverted

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

She loves cooking Indian food but I think that’s as far as her tastes go 😁

Yeah if you’re just there a few days then it’s not so bad shelling out a few extra pounds somewhere more central.

totally fine by me :D

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thinking Iceland for my next trip. anyone ever been?

yeah, they got some good deals on frozen food. 

12 waffles only a quid. Can't go wrong.

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

I’m so close to taking a year off next year and holidaying.

Around the world trip? I've seen a series on it and actually have a mate who did this (obviously older than me haha)

10 hours ago, Blue said:

Around the world trip? I've seen a series on it and actually have a mate who did this (obviously older than me haha)

Tempted. Depends on some circumstances. Regardless having a 3 week holiday or so in January. 

On 10/08/2018 at 05:26, Toinho said:

Tempted. Depends on some circumstances. Regardless having a 3 week holiday or so in January. 

What is your top 5 at the moment mate?

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Countries to see?

Canada, Peru, New Zealand, Switzerland, Iceland probably 

If you go to Canada or Peru send me a DM. I can recommend some good places for you.

As for the others, I'm going to save up for Iceland for the winter and have been in New Zealand recently but still have a lot more to see there. I have never been to Switzlerland and will probably not go there in the near future tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You're going to the MotoGP in November aren't you? 

Yep, hence Malaysia. Can't wait! :D Not sure how long I'll stay, but since no visa is needed, I figured I'll just decide once I'm there, depending on  the weather and my workload...