talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

5 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

It was a class trip mate. Stayed in an unreal villa and wrecked the place, anything not nailed down was in the pool (will post a photo of it when i can be arsed), my mate shitting in his hand and chucked it on next door's roof along with half of the content in the fridge was canny funny too.

No real stories like but just some extremely funny moments. What wasn't funny was landing In Newcastle and being at work 2 hours later. Fucking killer.

No offence mate, because you're a good egg really, but fuck hanging with your mates. Poor hotel owners or anyone in your sight. Utter bellend behaviour la.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I'm really unsure what to do this year. I've got two weekends away booked and that's it. Both big family ones, one in some place in Staffordshire and one in Butlins which we've done for about the last 20 years xD in-keeping with the Leicester tradition there.

But as regards to going abroad there's absolutely nothing and it's purely because I've got a block of time up in Leeds, right during the World Cup which has pissed me right off. I'll miss a lot of the games and I can't go away as planned. Quelle surprise, most of my mates are going at that kind of time, a lot of them not together either, so I'm a bit stuck on my own this time around.

I'm actually half tempted to do something a bit different on my own, nothing too expensive because I'm trying to save a bit of money this year, but something slightly out of the ordinary of Spain.

Maybe Portugal.

47 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm really unsure what to do this year. I've got two weekends away booked and that's it. Both big family ones, one in some place in Staffordshire and one in Butlins which we've done for about the last 20 years xD in-keeping with the Leicester tradition there.

But as regards to going abroad there's absolutely nothing and it's purely because I've got a block of time up in Leeds, right during the World Cup which has pissed me right off. I'll miss a lot of the games and I can't go away as planned. Quelle surprise, most of my mates are going at that kind of time, a lot of them not together either, so I'm a bit stuck on my own this time around.

I'm actually half tempted to do something a bit different on my own, nothing too expensive because I'm trying to save a bit of money this year, but something slightly out of the ordinary of Spain.

Maybe Portugal.

Go travelling 🙈

16 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Might be heading off to Denmark in September for the Wales game. Nothing booked yet though.

"Stor Tuborg, tak"

You're good to go.

In other news, I had discussions with a few pals about going a city break kinda thing in the summer, like Hamburg or Krakow, but then a discussion sparked up in our wider group about a holiday in Greece or something and everyone seems into that idea, but tbh I can't be arsed. I've been there and done it and I can't be arsed with another week of no sleep, shite cringey clubs, sweating out my nut, trying to chat up horrendous burds, and everyone having 3rd-degree sunbrun. Especially if it's not even a small-ish group of my close pals, but instead a big hode-podge including people I don't even like.

I'd rather have chilled 4/5 days in a nice city with a few sound cunts, see some sights, drink a substantial amount of beer,  and try a club or two.

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

"Stor Tuborg, tak"

You're good to go.

In other news, I had discussions with a few pals about going a city break kinda thing in the summer, like Hamburg or Krakow, but then a discussion sparked up in our wider group about a holiday in Greece or something and everyone seems into that idea, but tbh I can't be arsed. I've been there and done it and I can't be arsed with another week of no sleep, shite cringey clubs, sweating out my nut, trying to chat up horrendous burds, and everyone having 3rd-degree sunbrun. Especially if it's not even a small-ish group of my close pals, but instead a big hode-podge including people I don't even like.

I'd rather have chilled 4/5 days in a nice city with a few sound cunts, see some sights, drink a substantial amount of beer,  and try a club or two.

Cheers. :D 

Need to actually look up more of Denmark as I thought they used the Euro. xD

Yeah, I prefer a break in cities for a few days rather than doing clubs and shit like that.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Going to LA and then back to Vegas in June.

Got Amsterdam and Krakow booked for later in the Summer as well.

I only think LA is worth it for Santa Monica. I stopped by there on my way to New Zealand and it was alright but Santa Monica was class.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about going on a bus trip all around the south of Peru after the World Cup. Right now due to college, I can't (broke anyways) but that's the idea.

• Administrator
On 21/02/2018 at 20:59, Dr. Gonzo said:

Need ideas on where to go in April.

how long you looking to go away for?

Any thing in particular you're looking to go?

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thinking about going on a bus trip all around the south of Peru after the World Cup. Right now due to college, I can't (broke anyways) but that's the idea.

That sounds like fun. I used to love bus trips, still do, but it can be so exhausting if it's more than a couple of hours... no fun getting old haha.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A week and not really.

Cape Verde?

Netherlands (could do 2-3 cities in a week, or maybe do Belgium/Germany in same stint)

New York?

Malta?

Tour of Italy?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cape Verde?

Netherlands (could do 2-3 cities in a week, or maybe do Belgium/Germany in same stint)

New York?

Malta?

Tour of Italy?

All good choices - I'll probably have to stay in the US though because of budgetary reasons. Which is a bit shit. Maybe Hawaii? I'm between that or NYC.

My girlfriend wants to do Vegas, but I don't really like Vegas all that much. But is probably our cheapest option.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

All good choices - I'll probably have to stay in the US though because of budgetary reasons. Which is a bit shit. Maybe Hawaii? I'm between that or NYC.

My girlfriend wants to do Vegas, but I don't really like Vegas all that much. But is probably our cheapest option.

Vegas is anything but cheap. 

I'd try dominican republic. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Vegas is anything but cheap. 

I'd try dominican republic. 

It's cheaper than the options we were looking at in Hawaii and cheaper than the NYC trip she had planned. Not a cheap place by any stretch of imagination, but a cheaper option overall compared to some other places.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's cheaper than the options we were looking at in Hawaii and cheaper than the NYC trip she had planned. Not a cheap place by any stretch of imagination, but a cheaper option overall compared to some other places.

Given the price, Vegas doesn't have a lot of value (unless you are single and in your 20 - 30's) 

My neighbors went to the Dominican republic and stayed at an all inclusive resort for 5 days. Think their package was something along the lines of $1,400 each  and it included airfare. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cicero said:

Given the price, Vegas doesn't have a lot of value (unless you are single and in your 20 - 30's) 

My neighbors went to the Dominican republic and stayed at an all inclusive resort for 5 days. Think their package was something along the lines of $1,400 each  and it included airfare. 

That sounds pretty good.

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do Cusco.

The Peruvian provinces are all a gift. Extremely cheap, and you have some fascinating culture and landscape.

Changed my mind about the South of Peru. I'm actually saving up to go to Puerto Maldonado + Rio Branco. Rio Branco is west brazil, which is a lot of nothingness but then there is Rio Branco which is near Peru's border.

I've already been in Brazil and I loved it so I would love to explore a place that not many people visit and its also a jungle so a lot of great nature there.

Plane to Puerto Maldonado and cab/bus to Rio Branco.