talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Changed my mind about the South of Peru. I'm actually saving up to go to Puerto Maldonado + Rio Branco. Rio Branco is west brazil, which is a lot of nothingness but then there is Rio Branco which is near Peru's border.

I've already been in Brazil and I loved it so I would love to explore a place that not many people visit and its also a jungle so a lot of great nature there.

Plane to Puerto Maldonado and cab/bus to Rio Branco.

Cusco seems pretty cool though. And if we can find flights at the right price, I'm leaning towards that option a bit. I really want to go to South America sometime soon, and I'd like to be able to do like a little tour of the continent - so I think we might not do this for our next trip... but definitely sometime soon in the future.

Found a pretty great deal on flights & a hotel in Hawaii, so @Toinho and I will have a lot of Island shagging for that week :91_thumbsup:

On 7/3/2018 at 14:52, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cusco seems pretty cool though. And if we can find flights at the right price, I'm leaning towards that option a bit. I really want to go to South America sometime soon, and I'd like to be able to do like a little tour of the continent - so I think we might not do this for our next trip... but definitely sometime soon in the future.

Found a pretty great deal on flights & a hotel in Hawaii, so @Toinho and I will have a lot of Island shagging for that week :91_thumbsup:

Cusco is fantastic. The nicest city in this country, and also a lot safer than Lima. Here, gun crime is common. There, you mostly have to worry about pick pockets.

I also recommend Arequipa and Iquitos if you ever come here.

I'm so torn, I don't know if I want Rio Branco or Rio de Janeiro. I'm really only getting away for the nightlife. I suppose Rio de Janeiro would be better for that but the nighlife there is too big for my taste, while Rio Branco I haven't been and has a lot of great nature that I can spot throughout the day and its also cheaper.

Just now, Cicero said:

Which one has the better clubs? 

Rio de Janeiro probably. Rio Branco is in the middle of the jungle which is also appealing. Cheaper and closer. I feel like the nightlife in Branco would be better for me, less people but I also can't assure it.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rio de Janeiro probably. Rio Branco is in the middle of the jungle which is also appealing. Cheaper and closer. I feel like the nightlife in Branco would be better for me, less people but I also can't assure it.

Is 'pulling' one of your primary intentions? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:56, Lucas said:

Been planning for next year this weekend.

My GF wanted to learn a new language so I enrolled her on an adult evening class learning French. It ends in March and our two year anniversary is during this month so seems appropriate to take her to Paris. Neither of us have ever been. Any tips on location and where best to stay?

I'm also researching New York for December 2018. Again, any tips on where best to stay would be appreciated.

Managed to cross off a lot of the major cities to visit over the past few years so doing these two will make me quite content.

Been away for two long weekends. Weekend one in Budapest with the boys (class) and Weekend two in Paris which is where the original post originated from, planning for my missus' 2nd year anniversary. Budapest is a gem, second time there for me now and it's brilliant.

Have to say big thanks to @Danny and @...Dan for their tips and advice on what to do/look out for in Paris. I didn't stay in the Monmartre region but we did go up there one late afternoon through to evening and it was beaut.

Stayed in the Saint Germain region, near Notre Dame which was nice, some lovely cafe's, bistro's and patisserie's near by. Ate enough pastries to sink a battleship and loved the local cuisine. A little bit unlucky with the weather but we made the best of it by doing all the usual touristy things, as well as the Catacomb's (not planned) and going up the Notre Dame tower. The Seine cruise at night was also lovely.

Will definitely come back again one summer when it's hotter.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Been away for two long weekends. Weekend one in Budapest with the boys (class) and Weekend two in Paris which is where the original post originated from, planning for my missus' 2nd year anniversary. Budapest is a gem, second time there for me now and it's brilliant.

Have to say big thanks to @Danny and @...Dan for their tips and advice on what to do/look out for in Paris. I didn't stay in the Monmartre region but we did go up there one late afternoon through to evening and it was beaut.

Stayed in the Saint Germain region, near Notre Dame which was nice, some lovely cafe's, bistro's and patisserie's near by. Ate enough pastries to sink a battleship and loved the local cuisine. A little bit unlucky with the weather but we made the best of it by doing all the usual touristy things, as well as the Catacomb's (not planned) and going up the Notre Dame tower. The Seine cruise at night was also lovely.

Will definitely come back again one summer when it's hotter.

Glad it went well me ol mucka. Pop the question or just your back?

8 hours ago, Danny said:

Glad it went well me ol mucka. Pop the question or just your back?

No, not just yet but perhaps when the time is right it will. 

Will be firmly looking into New York for later in the year now and also a cheapy 7-10 dayer in September for a hot beachy do fuck all holiday

On 23/03/2018 at 02:42, Spike said:

$900 TICKETS TO AUSTRALIA - I'M GOING HOME! :banana:

YEZ CAN GARN GET :o

When you coming back? Just to make sure I'm definitely as far as way as possible.

3 weeks until 5 days in Hong Kong. Mad decision, costing me a fortune but always need somewhere new to go. Day trip to Macau on the cards I reckon. 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

When you coming back? Just to make sure I'm definitely as far as way as possible.

3 weeks until 5 days in Hong Kong. Mad decision, costing me a fortune but always need somewhere new to go. Day trip to Macau on the cards I reckon. 

Haha, fuck you. In like two weeks.

Went to Valencia early this week, beautiful city.

A river that use to run through the city was turned into a massive park, never seen anything like that before. 

Also has a beach which makes it enter into my top 3 favourite places in Spain. (That I've visited of course).

Edited by carefreeluke

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Vietnam next month, China in June/July. Quite excited about China as I've never been there before, really looking forward to visiting the Great Wall of China and eating Peking duck xD 

What part of the wall have you decided on?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

What part of the wall have you decided on?

I will have to plan my sightseeing quite spontaneously once I'm there, as I have other, non-leisure things to do as a priority so the rest will be all decided depending on how much free time I have, but as it stands, I'll probably do the Mutianyu part, as it's not too far and is easily accessible and has cable cars xD 

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1

Rome (and Roma v Juventus on may 13th) and the Amalfi coast in May is the plan, but not booked it yet.

Anyone been to the Amalfi coast? heard it's prety expensive. Thinking of going 2 days in Rome and 3-4 on the coast, possibly staying in Praiano- which from what i've read seems the cheaper alternative to the glamorous Postiano, but it's just around the corner.