talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Some snaps from Biscarrosse (near Bordeaux) and our trip to San Sebastian.

La Concha beach (Anoeta, Real Sociedad's stadium, in the background (in front of the dome))

oCLgohh.jpg

The other beach (surfer's beach) and leading out to Bay of Biscay

13Tv5Fi.jpg

My mates and I looking out from Dune de Pilat in Archachon. Europe's biggest sand dune and you get the most beautiful sunsets from.

3yn4DWQ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So my next trip, and its just hypothetical at the moment, is to cross the border between Peru and Brazil. Start in Puerto Maldonado, end in Rio Branco in at most 7 days. If Rio Branco is not possible, then stop by Brasileia or Assis Brasil. 

My main concern is the border is kind of dangerous, due to the narcotraficantes there is crime. If I find a good agency I'll go ahead with the trip.

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

I’m doing Canada by the looks in January. It’s the number one place for me to visit BUT I’ve left shit late and flights are literally insane. Like $2600. I’d have to pop into Indiana to see a good mate though too...

Whereabouts?

The most interesting parts of Canada are up north.

On 17/10/2018 at 22:35, Blue said:

So my next trip, and its just hypothetical at the moment, is to cross the border between Peru and Brazil. Start in Puerto Maldonado, end in Rio Branco in at most 7 days. If Rio Branco is not possible, then stop by Brasileia or Assis Brasil. 

My main concern is the border is kind of dangerous, due to the narcotraficantes there is crime. If I find a good agency I'll go ahead with the trip.

Looking into doing this January, which is flooded season in the Amazon.

We will start in Puerto Maldonado which is on the Perú side and end in Rio Branco, which is on the west side of Brazil. The most dangerous part is the border but if we get past that without trouble we should be fine. Hoping to have some Tacacá while I'm there :D 

tacaca-.jpg

13 hours ago, Toinho said:

That looks horrid.

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

It has shrimp in it; must be good.

Going to Vietnam in less than two weeks :banana:

I've cooked up Brazilian stew before, not that one in particular though. I really like it and hope this one is just as good, especially being cooked up by somebody better than me xD

On 21/10/2018 at 21:05, Blue said:

Yessss I'm going to Rio Branco in January. I've not booked anything yet but I've planned it out and have seen I can afford it and now know all the steps of what to do.

I am going to Brazil! @El Profesor

Rio Branco, Acre? That´s a really unusual destination for a foreigner. Acre is the most remote state of Brazil. Not much to do there and not very safe, be careful. 

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Rio Branco, Acre? That´s a really unusual destination for a foreigner. Acre is the most remote state of Brazil. Not much to do there and not very safe, be careful. 

The reason I'm going is because it's near the border with Peru. I'm getting a company to drive me to the border from Puerto Maldonado to Assis Brasil, then before getting to Rio Branco going to Cobija in Bolivia. 

Im going because it's an adventure. I've also not been to the amazon and want to unsolve the myth (inside joke) to Brazilians that Acre does indeed exist xD

Canada isn’t happening now left it all too late and it’s mad expensive. So... going to New Zealand in January. I’ve always wanted to go. I would prefer winter for snowboarding but am thinking of hiring a car with my mate and driving around the South Island in 2 weeks or so. 

Want to catch up (for the 3rd time) @Danny?

Edited by Toinho

21 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Canada isn’t happening now left it all too late and it’s mad expensive. So... going to New Zealand in January. I’ve always wanted to go. I would prefer winter for snowboarding but am thinking of hiring a car with my mate and driving around the South Island in 2 weeks or so. 

Want to catch up (for the 3rd time) @Danny?

I'll be doing the South Island end of Jan, in Auckland until then. You just doing South Island? Auckland in the Summer is nice man, black sand beaches, the harbour and islands plus there's a LOTR mountain crossing on the north island

11 hours ago, Danny said:

I'll be doing the South Island end of Jan, in Auckland until then. You just doing South Island? Auckland in the Summer is nice man, black sand beaches, the harbour and islands plus there's a LOTR mountain crossing on the north island

Don’t think I’ll do North. Don’t have the time to do both well. Black sand doesn’t sound great? Haha, heard some great things about the North but even more about the South. 

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Don’t think I’ll do North. Don’t have the time to do both well. Black sand doesn’t sound great? Haha, heard some great things about the North but even more about the South. 

Black sand is nice, prefer it over a lot of beaches in Sydney! If you ain't got the time then fair enough prioritise the south, but there's a lot in the north that goes under the radar because of how extreme the south is.

On 31/10/2018 at 05:36, Toinho said:

Only been in Queenstown in South Island. You going? It's the backpacker capital. The beaches are always filled with partying tourists. Its a small town but certainly not overhyped for the wrong reasons. Its lovely.

I actually almost did Stewart Island too but I wasn't feeling too well on the day we were going to do it, so we didn't bother wasting money.

So my birthday is in February and I might have enough for another trip. I'm already doing Cobija and Rio Branco in January. In February I might check another country off the list and go to Ecuador, which is one of the 4 South American countries I have not been too. The other 3 are Bolivia, Chile and Paraguay. The former of which is being checked off in January when I do Cobija.

Quito and Baños within 7 days sounds like good fun to me.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Only been in Queenstown in South Island. You going? It's the backpacker capital. The beaches are always filled with partying tourists. Its a small town but certainly not overhyped for the wrong reasons. Its lovely.

I actually almost did Stewart Island too but I wasn't feeling too well on the day we were going to do it, so we didn't bother wasting money.

Queenstown is where I’m thinking I’ll stay and base ourselves for 5-6 days. 

The two main things on the itinerary are Milford Sound and Fox Glacier. The rest I’m happy to go with the flow! (Beerssssss)

Edited by Toinho

Thinking of doing the Cotapaxi trek when I go to Ecuador in February. Cotapaxi is supposedly the highest volcano in South America.

Also a few hikes via the Baños area. Deciding on Canyoning or Rafting. Both sound like good fun.

On 05/11/2018 at 12:29, Toinho said:

Queenstown is where I’m thinking I’ll stay and base ourselves for 5-6 days. 

The two main things on the itinerary are Milford Sound and Fox Glacier. The rest I’m happy to go with the flow! (Beerssssss)

What dates m8?