talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

One of my dream is to support a football club like the English - travelling across the country for home and away games.

Can't really do that here, and London bores me as I've been twice. Want to try elsewhere. Gonna try the North.

Fair enough. Any particular reason for Hartlepool? Affordability?

Just now, Toinho said:

Fair enough. Any particular reason for Hartlepool? Affordability?

Yeah, that and its different to south. Ideally a non-league team would do for me and most teams are in the south, but I'd have a good 3-4 teams around that area in the North (Gateshead, Hartlepool, Tranmere, Fylde) and then I can kind of settle on one I get hooked on. I think the Newcastle area is a good place to start, and in New Year there are a ton of games so time wouldn't really be a worry for me.

Its all a thought at the moment though. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yeah, that and its different to south. Ideally a non-league team would do for me and most teams are in the south, but I'd have a good 3-4 teams around that area in the North (Gateshead, Hartlepool, Tranmere, Fylde) and then I can kind of settle on one I get hooked on. I think the Newcastle area is a good place to start, and in New Year there are a ton of games so time wouldn't really be a worry for me.

Cool. I used to be a casual Aldershot Town fan lol

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Most games in non league would get called off around new year/January time cos of the shite weather we have. You'll get postponed matches cos of frozen pitches or waterlogged. 

On 04/05/2018 at 00:37, Blue said:

Yeah, that and its different to south. Ideally a non-league team would do for me and most teams are in the south,

Not if you were to support a National league north team mate, where every side would be based up North in that league.

Had Morecambe not stayed up on goal difference(in League two) then you could have gone for them. Then again, there are a few teams in League Two who would be worth looking out for. Accy Stanley(although they have just been promoted to League One), Crewe, Carlisle, Oldham, Bury(both of which will be going down from League One this term), and if you wanted League One itself, then you have Blackpool, Fleetwood, Rochdale...

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 5 weeks later...

Getting excited now about heading to Florida on Friday with the family.

Only issue is that I'll get my final degree classification back on the same day at some point, and if I don't get the grades I need it's going to really hit the mood of the holiday.

Edited by Inverted

My friend works for Carnival, the cruise operators.

She offered me a brilliant deal for a cruise next March to Amsterdam. 4 nights including 2 days in Amsterdam for £100. Normal price is £312. Happy days.

And obviously that is all the food chucked in on the ship free as well. Never done a Cruise before so well up for the experience and as my missus hasn't been to Amsterdam, it'll work out well.

And obviously the beauty of that is the ship leaves on our doorstep in Southampton. Lovely little weekender that.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

In an ideal World i would have bought a model of the globe which you can open and put things in it. I would have written names of all the countries of the World on small paper chits and put them all in the globa. After spinning the globe, pick up a random  chit and whatever country's name comes up i would have gone there.

23 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

In an ideal World i would have bought a model of the globe which you can open and put things in it. I would have written names of all the countries of the World on small paper chits and put them all in the globa. After spinning the globe, pick up a random  chit and whatever country's name comes up i would have gone there.

Do it 

• 2 weeks later...

Travelling to North Canada with my cousin. I may have lived in Toronto for 12 years but I have never explored the sub arctic part of the country. I'll be going to Terrace, Prince Rupert and possibly Whitehorse alongside that. Already got my ticket to Canada, visiting family first then I'll be off to Vancouver and later Terrace/Prince Rupert.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Blue said:

@Viva la FCB ever been to Terrace/Prince Rupert?

I've been to Terrace but it would have been a good 10 15 years ago for a hockey tourne, cant really give you much advice there. I havent been to Prince Rupert. I've been talking about doing a trip up north for years to Yellowknife, Yukon etc. let me know what you find worth while!

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

I've been to Terrace but it would have been a good 10 15 years ago for a hockey tourne, cant really give you much advice there. I havent been to Prince Rupert. I've been talking about doing a trip up north for years to Yellowknife, Yukon etc. let me know what you find worth while!

I so nearly chose to go to Whitehorse actually because that part of the world is fascinating, time doesn't allow it though.

Whitehorse and Yellowknife as far as I'm aware are still boreal forests rather than tundra like Nunavut. Its still a lot better though as you still get a feel of the great white north. Would you be going in the winter or summer as part of your plans?

Anyways I'm only doing Terrace and Prince Rupert. I should probably do Whitehorse but a good friend lives in Terrace, so I opted for that. Right now I'm looking for wildlife tours to see the moose, bears and cougars. That's always a roll of the dice, but one that's worth it in my opinion. Found a few sites that could help out, hopefully they ask for a reasonable price (custom tours).

Look forward to this as I've only ever been in the east coast of Canada despite living in TO for 12 years.