talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

40 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Can you fish on the canals? I'm guessing there are pike in there and Zander?

You will need a licence to do that,  I believe you get all kind of fish,  perch, bream, pike, carp, roach, eel, rudd, mullet, Zander  from the canals and also the rivers like the amstel and IJ in Amsterdam. 

Edited by Panna King
  • Upvote 1

Currently in Rotorua, spent yesterday walking around an area of geothermal activity called Hells Gate before spending half an hour relaxing in geothermal mudbath. Pretty decent, there's a phenomena called the frying pan effect where the ground is so hot that it boils and spits water out like a frying pan. Amazing.

Spent Sunday walking around Hobbiton....was a surprisingly good day even if it was absolutely rammed with tourists all pushing to get pictures. Managed to fall off from the group and just get some pictures outside the Hobbit houses. Drank at the Green Dragon as well.

Off to Lake Taupo tomorrow, will see some waterfalls, do some sailing and then do the Tongariro crossing...as seen on Lord of the Rings, no real interest in the film tbh, just going to be a great hike.

• Upvote 1

Went skiing and snowboarding in Val De Saire as part of a Club Med holiday. Club Med branches in the UK couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery but the entertainment staff at their hotels save them big time. The snow was perfect for a week too.

Pretty sure I won over about 20 overseas Palace fans too during the Manchester City game. There was an absolute tit in his early 20s before the game bragging about their bench before kick off. Type of fan that supported Chelsea 5 years ago but supports Citeh with a London accent. Im quite reserved watching Palace ever since the FA Cup final but he really hit a nerve. He walked off shortly after Luka scored. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah I've sailed through it, lovely place.

How was that? Was it still very European?

I ask because in Canada and Greenland it feels like a different planet where as in Europe I feel it still resembles a very European area. Particularly like the Faroe Islands or Iceland.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Has anyone ever been in the Arctic circle? I know @Cannabis was near it at least.

I'm thinking of doing north Canada at some point particularly in Inuit territory. I wouldn't mind Yukon or NWT though.

Don't know if it'll be accessible to you but try and catch Romesh Ranganathan's programme's 'The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan' from last week I think on BBC Two.

He visits an Inuit village and the tour guide he has it at times funnier than him xD. Some of the scenery he experiences and is shown on the programme is sensational. Guess you have to be there to truly feel it, obviously, but may give you a taste on where to go and experience yourself.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't know if it'll be accessible to you but try and catch Romesh Ranganathan's programme's 'The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan' from last week I think on BBC Two.

He visits an Inuit village and the tour guide he has it at times funnier than him xD. Some of the scenery he experiences and is shown on the programme is sensational. Guess you have to be there to truly feel it, obviously, but may give you a taste on where to go and experience yourself.

Cheers, will check it out.

The Inuits are a fascinating culture of people. 

3 hours ago, Blue said:

How was that? Was it still very European?

I ask because in Canada and Greenland it feels like a different planet where as in Europe I feel it still resembles a very European area. Particularly like the Faroe Islands or Iceland.

Isn't Greenland part of Europe ? or its North America 

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Isn't Greenland part of Europe ? or its North America 

Technically Europe as it's owned by Denmark, but that could be like saying the USA was part of Europe under British rule, so have it your own way I reckon. I'm saying Europe though,

Just got to Bolivia. One thing I immediately noticed once I crossed the Peru-Brazil border though is how much worse the roads were on the Brazil side. In Peru, the highway was pitch perfect. Brazil however, it was full of holes. Dangerous on a rainy day. I passed by Brazil to reach Cobija in Bolivia.

Fun trip so far. Will upload all my snaps at the end but here is one from the plane yesterday.

b69364d274db62e72b88e9d845cf3cda.png