• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 1 - 15 June

football forums

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 6666 said:

Robben never gets credit for how good he's been in his career.

I always liked him when he played for us, a tricky player with a decent eye for goal when the chance came but I don't know if the league was a bit hard on him over here as he always seemed to be a little lightweight for the rough and tumble of it and seemed to get injured on a regular basis.. I suppose it's common that tricky players that are quick with their feet will always get clattered on a regular basis, Same thing happens with Hazard now but he seems to be a bit tougher and can take it most of the time.. 

1 minute ago, Dalmore said:

Can't believe I missed this game because of work. I'm gonna quit my job this summer. this month. this week. TODAY!

I missed class to watch this. I was taking no risks. I missed the second half of Spain - Netherlands and the first half of Brazil - Germany in the last world cup. That wasn't going to happen again.

C.Ronaldo was brilliant last night it has to be said. Not for the first 2 goals, as both should have been prevented by Spain, especially the 2nd, which makes you ask yourself is de Gea actually is the best keeper in the world, or whether people just overhype him because of the league he plays in as I've seen too many poor mistakes by him. Either way, Ronaldo was class, every touch almost, he also created chances and took his third goal brilliantly well. Nice free kick and it was the best I've seen him in a Portuguese shirt, in fact any shirt he has worn. Guedes on the other hand was wasteful and I expect more from him as I rate him highly.

Portugal in general looked good. They don't defend as well as they used to but those counter attacks are deadly. They look a top side and are showing why they are the current Euro Champions.

Spain at times played some amazing football and took back the years with those one touch passing moves. All 3 goals were also excellent, although they let themselves down at the back. I'm surprised Hierro took Costa off when he did as he was having his best game in a Spanish shirt before that. Busquets was also instrumental despite his work often going unnoticed and Isco was their most exciting player on the pitch.

I have to say thanks to Spain and Portugal for the entertainment they brought to what has been a shite tournament so far in true world cup fashion. Hopefully we get more teams like those 2 in the competition and more games like the one last night as the tournament needs it. Brilliant game.

18 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

is de Gea actually is the best keeper in the world, or whether people just overhype him because of the league he plays in as I've seen too many poor mistakes by him.

Can’t remeber a single mistake this season from him. 

• The topic was unpinned

De Gea hasn't been able to put in performances for the NT at the same level he does for Man United. You can see on social media many Spanish folk asking for him to be benched.

He's the best in the world for me but he's not the same for Spain. Difficult for him now as people talk about his mistakes, he probably feels constrained.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

De Gea hasn't been able to put in performances for the NT at the same level he does for Man United. You can see on social media many Spanish folk asking for him to be benched.

He's the best in the world for me but he's not the same for Spain. Difficult for him now as people talk about his mistakes, he probably feels constrained.

Is that because Spain are just very good and don't come under pressure, or has he made loads of errors?

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Is that because Spain are just very good and don't come under pressure, or has he made loads of errors?

He has made a bad mistake not long ago in one of the friendlies. I can't remember any others but I didn't watch Spain at all in the qualifiers.

Can't really recall any jaw dropping saves by him for Spain though. Like you say it's not surprising as Spain have so much of the ball and don't even need a great keeper to win most of their games. Man United are tested way more than Spain are. This explains why he doesn't shine as much but it doesn't explain his mistakes, does it?

Archived