• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forums

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

8 pm actually. Love it. I get to have dinner drive to my English mates house and watch Australia bend over and gape

Good for you that only the France game is like that (I think) it's the one where you'll get to see the soccerroos get smashed :P 

23 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I was born in Aus, to two immigrants. I'm not even an Australian citizen. I hate the sports culture here, and refuse to back them in any sport.

I would back east Germany in cricket against Australia.

So you were born there and aren't a citizen? That's fucking backwards as fuck. Well, fair enough. I'd hate that a lot too.

So Paolo Guerrero is set to not start today, which I think is odd. After all the attempts to get him into the World Cup, he gets his chance and you don't even start him? The good thing is though that this means Gareca isn't all bothered about profile. If he's not match fit, then fair enough.

Jefferson Farfan to start up top today.

6pm for us. 2 hours away...about to head into the city...been pooing all day...not sure if that's from nerves or the beers and dodgy food from last night...or that bloke that came around...anyway....fucking pumped for this even if we are expected to be beaten handsomely. 

Head says 3-0 France. Heart would give anything for a draw. 

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

6pm for us. 2 hours away...about to head into the city...been pooing all day...not sure if that's from nerves or the beers and dodgy food from last night...or that bloke that came around...anyway....fucking pumped for this even if we are expected to be beaten handsomely. 

Head says 3-0 France. Heart would give anything for a draw. 

I'm hoping you guys can hold on to Arzani on the bench until after the World Cup. I don't want to come up against him.

I'm awake for this, sadly I woke up far earlier than my alarm rang so I have to endure 2 hours of boredom :P 

Just now, Blue said:

I'm hoping you guys can hold on to Arzani on the bench until after the World Cup. I don't want to come up against him.

I'm awake for this, sadly I woke up far earlier than my alarm rang so I have to endure 2 hours of boredom :P 

Haha, Arzani should start. I think Jedinek has been dropped, he isn't mobile enough to face the French. I relly worry about our backline. I have faith in Mat Ryan and Sainsbury. I think Mooy can hold his own. Leckie has moments...the rest are out of their depth. Luongo and Irvine could surprise. Rogic is just woeful for Australia :(

• Administrator

I want Australia to do well as I've gained a bit of an affinity with them from watching the A-League so much, but I can see France being far too strong for them. Australia's midfield seems decent enough because of their domestic experience but when you match it up to the midfield France might put out, it just seems so weak.

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

I want Australia to do well as I've gained a bit of an affinity with them from watching the A-League so much, but I can see France being far too strong for them. Australia's midfield seems decent enough because of their domestic experience but when you match it up to the midfield France might put out, it just seems so weak.

I'm in the same boat as you, but that affinity goes away when the actual team I support are also in the group.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm in the same boat as you, but that affinity goes away when the actual team I support are also in the group.

haha I don't blame you mate. 

I've jokingly given you and Peru a lot of shit but aside from Group H and whatever the Germany group is, this is probably one of the most competitive groups I think. 

Just now, Stan said:

haha I don't blame you mate. 

I've jokingly given you and Peru a lot of shit but aside from Group H and whatever the Germany group is, this is probably one of the most competitive groups I think. 

I agree, I really just hope we show up. Even if we don't make it through the groups, I want to put on a show and leave an impression. We're not going to be world champions, so as long as they try their best then I'll be satisfied.

We don't have an easy group so if we are going to go out, do it with honour. 

Archived