• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

TF INK: The Tattoo Thread

Recommended Posts

football forum

A thread to show of the ink on your body, fingers crossed Any O'Brian shares that tattoo with us again once more. 

As for me, I've only got the one to date although that's going to change in the near future. I love tattoo's but just can't decide what to get next and I don't want to be one of those whoppers that gets covered and then regrets half of them six months later. My single piece of work to date can be seen either on my left arm or below; 

603580_462052253872662_532886684_n.jpg?o

This was taken only a few days after it was done which is why it looks so bruised and swollen. It's the portrait of a lion bearing the thorn crown of Jesus Christ. The latin underneath reads ''Reges mei'' which translated into English reads ''My Kings'', this is a reference to the dates either side which refer to the birth-dates of my two grandfathers who have been inspirational to me. 

I'll be getting my right arm covered in a sleeve but as I've said earlier, I just can't decide what to actually get so I haven't gone ahead with it yet. 

That's all from me, what about you ugly cunts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, are you even religious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Spike said:

Haha, are you even religious?

Nope, the lion is from some artwork I came across. I thought that the thorn crown looked quite cool on top of the lion's head and that's the reason why I went for it, it's got nothing to do with my faith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cannabis said:

Nope, the lion is from some artwork I came across. I thought that the thorn crown looked quite cool on top of the lion's head and that's the reason why I went for it, it's got nothing to do with my faith. 

Man, I really love the fact you have a tattoo dedicated to your grandfathers (I would've done it in English, fuck Latin) and I really like the lion (again very English) but the whole thorns thing is really disingenuous. I'd understand if your grandparents were devout Christians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Man, I really love the fact you have a tattoo dedicated to your grandfathers (I would've done it in English, fuck Latin) and I really like the lion (again very English) but the whole thorns thing is really disingenuous. I'd understand if your grandparents were devout Christians.

Thanks mate!

I can see where you're coming from regarding the crown, I just thought it added something extra to the design which is why I kept it on there. 

Have you got anything done on yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Thanks mate!

I can see where you're coming from regarding the crown, I just thought it added something extra to the design which is why I kept it on there. 

Have you got anything done on yourself?

I've thought about it but I can't commit to anything. If I were to, I'd say it'd be similar to yours (personal meaning) as I was also very close to my grandfather. I miss the ol' bastard every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wanted a tattoo, but at the same time I haven't. I think it's something you've really got to want and I'm not sure I'd want a tattoo forever.

If I were to get one though it'd either be an asterisks (Red Hot Chili Peppers), a harp (Irish/Guinness due to my grandparents), a few years back I wanted a lion for my nan from Boro but my other grandparents are called Rose and Jim(RIP) so was half tempted to get the Rosie and Jim canal boat show tattooed xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want one too, but the uncertainty about what to have makes me question whether I honestly think it's for the best. xD I'm thinking upper arm or lower leg and I have a couple of ideas for designs going through my head but nothing more than that so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I've always wanted a tattoo, but at the same time I haven't. I think it's something you've really got to want and I'm not sure I'd want a tattoo forever.

If I were to get one though it'd either be an asterisks (Red Hot Chili Peppers), a harp (Irish/Guinness due to my grandparents), a few years back I wanted a lion for my nan from Boro but my other grandparents are called Rose and Jim(RIP) so was half tempted to get the Rosie and Jim canal boat show tattooed xD

End yourself, m80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two tattoo's one on my left shoulder, lion with half of the old Chelsea badge. The other on the right hand bellow my wrist the lion from the current Chelsea badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

A thread to show of the ink on your body, fingers crossed Any O'Brian shares that tattoo with us again once more. 

As for me, I've only got the one to date although that's going to change in the near future. I love tattoo's but just can't decide what to get next and I don't want to be one of those whoppers that gets covered and then regrets half of them six months later. My single piece of work to date can be seen either on my left arm or below; 

603580_462052253872662_532886684_n.jpg?o

This was taken only a few days after it was done which is why it looks so bruised and swollen. It's the portrait of a lion bearing the thorn crown of Jesus Christ. The latin underneath reads ''Reges mei'' which translated into English reads ''My Kings'', this is a reference to the dates either side which refer to the birth-dates of my two grandfathers who have been inspirational to me. 

I'll be getting my right arm covered in a sleeve but as I've said earlier, I just can't decide what to actually get so I haven't gone ahead with it yet. 

That's all from me, what about you ugly cunts?

 

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Nope, the lion is from some artwork I came across. I thought that the thorn crown looked quite cool on top of the lion's head and that's the reason why I went for it, it's got nothing to do with my faith. 

this, right :x ?

Image result for young guns all our kings are dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd get slaughtered through the middle with that formation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

You'd get slaughtered through the middle with that formation.

Yea formation is a bit wrong. Plus I think he fucked up as Rijkaard isnt a left winger and Koeman wasnt a right back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stan said:

You'd get slaughtered through the middle with that formation.

I doubt many teams would get through that giant poké ball in the middle of the pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never thought of getting one simply because I don't think it would suit me. And when I think of Tattoo's, I think of something reasonably big, not some little speck hidden on your body somewhere no one ever really see's.

I have to say, it's pretty insane how many people have conformed to society and got sleeves and stuff like that because it's perceived to be pretty badass. I can't remember them ever being as popular as they were the past 10-15 years or so.

That said, my GF has a couple, on her thigh and waist and when she wears something short like jeans shorts or alike, and you can see it peeping out, it turns me on chronic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the fact they've become so mainstream, so many people have them now and the vast majority look absolutely awful. A great example is fat people with sleeves, it looks fucking horrendous. Fucking detailed bingo wings 😂

The vast majority just don't suit the people wearing them, skinny men in horn rimmed spectacles with slim fit jeans with sleeves Are pretty much the definition of a fashion victim nowadays. 

Done correctly on people that it suits it can be really artistic, although they must be black ink only. The minute you add colour it looks like you've got a toddlers drawing on you, it's all about fine detail to blocky stuff looks gash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never used to find tattoos on women attractive (small ones on a leg or near the hips ain't too bad), but seen some ridiculously hot girls with loads of tats in cairns. Maybe I'm just super horny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anton said:

Never used to find tattoos on women attractive (small ones on a leg or near the hips ain't too bad), but seen some ridiculously hot girls with loads of tats in cairns. Maybe I'm just super horny.

I thought you didn't find any woman attractive, but then again life is full of surprises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, True Blue said:

I thought you didn't find any woman attractive, but then again life is full of surprises.

xD After we did the Hadjuk Split, I've tried to go back to women. No luck on this trip so far. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2017 at 01:03, Danny said:

I've always wanted a tattoo, but at the same time I haven't. I think it's something you've really got to want and I'm not sure I'd want a tattoo forever.

If I were to get one though it'd either be an asterisks (Red Hot Chili Peppers), a harp (Irish/Guinness due to my grandparents), a few years back I wanted a lion for my nan from Boro but my other grandparents are called Rose and Jim(RIP) so was half tempted to get the Rosie and Jim canal boat show tattooed xD

Bar the harp this post is a good idea as to why you should never get a tattoo unless you’re sure 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Any recent pieces? Got this done last year.......

 

1E9821FB-0729-4DF2-B054-3242C7F52228.png

Is there any significance of the time? 3.45? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2017 at 01:52, tlr said:

I really want one too, but the uncertainty about what to have makes me question whether I honestly think it's for the best. xD I'm thinking upper arm or lower leg and I have a couple of ideas for designs going through my head but nothing more than that so far!

I'm still where I was three years ago, I have a couple more ideas maybe but I really struggle with the permanance of it - I change my mind about stuff every ten minutes and I know deep down I would regret it one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is there any significance of the time? 3.45? 

 

Yeah, time Sabrina was born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tlr said:

I'm still where I was three years ago, I have a couple more ideas maybe but I really struggle with the permanance of it - I change my mind about stuff every ten minutes and I know deep down I would regret it one day. 

The only thing you’ll regret is not having one done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah, time Sabrina was born.

Does Phoebe know she's not the favourite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement