Leicester 2-0 Liverpool (League Cup)
Leicester 1-2 Liverpool (Friendly)
Leicester 3-1 Liverpool

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Crystal Palace away was a decent test to be fair. 

Agreed but this is another notch up the ladder of difficulty.

Well it should be anyway. Still don't know which Leicester are going to turn up sometimes these days.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Thoughts on my man Maddison so far?

quality. got very quick feet which means he's good at getting free-kicks as he's sometimes too quick for opponents. 

Cautious about an over-reliance on him regarding creativity but so far, so good. One of our best players so far.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

quality. got very quick feet which means he's good at getting free-kicks as he's sometimes too quick for opponents. 

Cautious about an over-reliance on him regarding creativity but so far, so good. One of our best players so far.

Good to hear. He'll be playing for England soon.

I think he may have been the most fouled player in the championship last season. He's  great at winning free kicks (borderline dives sometimes(

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Good to hear. He'll be playing for England soon.

I think he may have been the most fouled player in the championship last season. He's  great at winning free kicks (borderline dives sometimes(

Chilwell, Maguire, Gray, Maddison. Wonder if they'll all play for England senior side one day at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Chilwell, Maguire, Gray, Maddison. Wonder if they'll all play for England senior side one day at the same time. 

Gray reminds me of Redmond, poor end product I don't think he'll make it. Chilwell, maybe

55 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Am I right in saying I’ve seen something that Alisson and a few others may not be fit for Liverpool? If so, it’s a different game and a much closer one. 

I've not seen anything about that. Klopp said something after Brighton about not being happy with the drop off in the second half and he might need to make a few changes for this game

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I've not seen anything about that. Klopp said something after Brighton about not being happy with the drop off in the second half and he might need to make a few changes for this game

think it might be time to drop Firmino, Salah & Mane.

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Found the article. It’s a race against time for the Brazilians post International break. 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Found the article. It’s a race against time for the Brazilians post International break. 

Ah right yeah. Liverpool normally pay for a private jet to get them back quicker. Still not ideal given the Spurs game is the early kick off on the Saturday

12 hours ago, Stan said:

think it might be time to drop Firmino, Salah & Mane.

To be fair they'd be behind Milner, Gini and Keita on form so far yet probably that's where we'd see a change in the 11... 

• Subscriber

Can't see us getting anything. We've been quite fortuitous in both of our wins so far and while we were unlucky arguably at Man Utd, they've been terrible so far.

We're a young side so it's hard to go too hard on them but Liverpool will have too much I think and without Vardy, who loves a goal against these, I give us little chance of scoring unless Maddison or Gray can pull something out of the bag. Iheanacho I think will be marked out of the game very easily, it keeps happening and it's a problem. He needs to become more of a pest. He's just a luxury player at the minute in a position we can't afford one, especially given we're built around Vardy.

0-2.

• Subscriber
On 29/08/2018 at 15:47, RandoEFC said:

Agreed but this is another notch up the ladder of difficulty.

Well it should be anyway. Still don't know which Leicester are going to turn up sometimes these days.

I think there's little between us really. If anything I'd say Palace edge it given we have no Vardy.

• Subscriber
On 29/08/2018 at 15:56, Marc said:

Thoughts on my man Maddison so far?

Obvious quality but his struggled to really get involved in games so far. As I expected really. When he clicks he'll be a star.

Archived