talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ten days ago Liverpool and Everton fans were making out that nobody cares about The Merseyside Derby any more. Now they can't keep their hands off each other.

Yeah anyone saying they didn’t care much was lying. However if you look at me in that thread I start chatting shite about Everton throughout.

In a WhatsApp group with my friends (blues and reds) it was heated and hilarious all week before it, capped off with them not rolling over for us at Anfield for the first time, and then that fucking hilarious winner... I think it’s reignited the rivalry a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

James McCarthy: Everton midfielder nears a return after 11 months out

47 minutes ago | Everton

Everton midfielder James McCarthy could return during the festive period after 11 months out with a broken leg.

The Republic of Ireland international, 28, fractured the tibia and fibula in his right leg against West Brom in January.

The Toffees play four games in 10 days from 23 December to New Year's Day - the joint-most demanding schedule with Tottenham, who they face on Sunday.

"James is getting better," Everton boss Marco Silva told Everton TV.

"It is good to have all of the midfielders available. We will need all of them. It will be important in a busy month."

Silva added he cannot guarantee McCarthy will appear in a series of "tough" games, with Everton, who are currently eighth in the Premier League, facing Burnley, Brighton, and Leicester after Spurs.

"I know games will give him a better condition, but we are playing tough, tough matches and it is not easy to give him what everybody knows will help him get better, which is minutes in those games," said the Portuguese.

"But he is a worker and I really like him."

McCarthy had surgery on his leg after sustaining the injury in an accidental collision with Salomon Rondon, who now plays on loan at Newcastle.

The injury occurred in only McCarthy's fourth league appearance of last season, having previously had two lengthy spells out with knee and hamstring injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46639239

• Subscriber

Everton's planned new stadium has proposed capacity of 52,000

3 hours ago | Everton

Everton's planned new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock has a proposed capacity of 52,000 with the possibility to add a further 10,000 seats.

The club hopes to submit a planning application for the project in the second half of 2019.

A second public consultation will also be held next summer.

"It is important to stress that this is our 'proposed' capacity and it is what we are currently working towards," said stadium director Colin Chong.

"We believe that our approach is the right one because it is commercially and financially sustainable and will mean that, in the long term, we will be able to increase the capacity should there be a demand and requirement to do so."

Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton in February 2016 and outlined plans for a move from Goodison Park, which has a capacity of 39,572.

An initial plan was to build a stadium at Walton Hall Park, a short distance north-east of the club's home since 1892, but it was opposed by local residents.

Those plans were abandoned in May 2016, with the club moving its attention to the site at Bramley Moore Dock.

Should planning permission be granted, Everton hopes the stadium would be ready for the 2023-24 season.

They previously abandoned plans to move to Kings Dock in 2003 and Kirkby in 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46641119

I actually am in support of Everton making the move to the Bramley Moor Dock. The proposed financing means the Liverpool City Council won't be giving Everton a handout & it's well known the docks are a part of the city's long term regeneration plans (although apparently the city might lose it's UNESCO status because of the regeneration plans - which I think is weird).

At the same time, it'd be a shame to lose another historical stadium in Woodison. I'll miss the shitpit.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Really?

32000 season ticket holders, 10000 on the waiting list, say you sell 3000 away tickets, an extra 2000 executive seats which is conservative compared to Goodison, that's already 47000... I don't have the numbers specifically but smarter Toffees than me have crunched the numbers and were expecting 55k as an absolute minimum.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

32000 season ticket holders, 10000 on the waiting list, say you sell 3000 away tickets, an extra 2000 executive seats which is conservative compared to Goodison, that's already 47000... I don't have the numbers specifically but smarter Toffees than me have crunched the numbers and were expecting 55k as an absolute minimum.

Just more supporters to boo the players! Everton fans are the worst for it and I'm not saying that with any bias. You really are the worst, most less patient fans in the Prem.

The people's champions xD

Edited by LFCMadLad

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There's nothing wrong with showing ambition and having empty seats now and again if it means you're getting everyone who wants to be there in at a reasonable price but I question that you sell 52,000 out already. I think you'll only do that for the derby and possibly Man United.

It does seem an expensive move for what will be just 13,000 extra seats though.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet against these plans getting shelved.

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's nothing wrong with showing ambition and having empty seats now and again if it means you're getting everyone who wants to be there in at a reasonable price but I question that you sell 52,000 out already. I think you'll only do that for the derby and possibly Man United.

It does seem an expensive move for what will be just 13,000 extra seats though.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet against these plans getting shelved.

A misplaced pass and it's "boooooooo"

52,000 doing that :shoot:

Everton are working with anti-discrimination charity Kick It Out to investigate a song containing racist stereotypes about Colombian defender Yerry Mina.

The Toffees say they are aware of a video posted on social media by "an unaffiliated supporters' club".

"Everton has a zero-tolerance stance towards any form of racism," they said.

In 2017, Manchester United warned their fans about a song towards Romelu Lukaku.

Everton added: "We are in contact with Kick It Out and are working with them to investigate the matter further."

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

I'm actually surprised Silva is as close to that. Allardyce is the expert at getting exactly 80% out of his players at a given moment in time and not an ounce more. He wouldn't have taken the club anywhere but going back 12 months there aren't many other managers I'd have backed to get more points out of that squad than Allardyce ultimately did in the second half of last season.

Hopefully Silva's reign proves to be one to be judged after 180 games, not 18.

• Subscriber

Can't tell whether all the stick aimed at Pickford is serious or not. He's clearly a very good goalkeeper but still learning his trade, he's only 23 or so. Alisson made a huge fuck up last weekend, his second of the season, Leno has made several fuck ups and hasn't even played the full season so far, Lloris constantly makes howlers, none of those get the attention Pickford does whenever he has a poor game or makes a mistake.

That's the poisoned chalice of being "England's number one", unless everything you do is world class you get absolutely slated. Even genuine world class players like Rooney, Ferdinand, Scholes, Gerrard, Kane have never been held to the same standards as Seaman, Robinson, Hart, Pickford over the years. It's one of those truly baffling things.

Defensively we started poorly, sorted it out when Keane and Zouma got a run together. Then Mina had to come in when Zouma was unavailable against Chelsea, and while all three of them then played well for a few games regardless of who played, keeping a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge and all but shutting out Liverpool at Anfield, it disrupted the momentum of an established partnership and the chopping and changing has caught up with us. Coleman is also declining by the week and Gueye has been injured in the last two games against City and Spurs leaving us with no defensive cover in midfield and no balance as a result. The defensive side is a concern, and there are underlying issues but there are also specific circumstances making it look worse than it is.

At the end of the day, nobody can expect any manager to turn an Allardyce side into Barcelona in the space of four months. For example, Klopp took two and a half years to sort out Liverpool's defensive issues.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Defence has been an issue for him wherever he's been, I thought with us we were just shit and our two canings came at the end of the season but I'm not sure he really bothers with it. Obviously having an appalling goalkeeper doesn't help at all. 

He's now the first Premier League manager to concede 6+ goals at home in one match with three different clubs

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

He's now the first Premier League manager to concede 6+ goals at home in one match with three different clubs

And that's the first stat to be posted in three different times on this forum in the space of a few hours. 

I've always had the impression David Moyes was a character based coach more than anything else.  I never observed a trademark game to him apart from the traditional format without complications (I may be wrong on that last bit).  But the fact he was appointed to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson plays more into my mindset where Moyes is concerned...  It's just that he always gave off the impression of being of the same no nonsense personality that motivated the players to believe that they were playing for something bigger than themselves, the crest and the history that revolves around it!

That in itself is a large proportion of what coaching is, making players believe in the method they choose that functions best according to their character.

David Moyes' departure from Everton and arrival at Old Trafford also coincided during a big transformation in the game, not only tactically, but also where player power and individual PR (where players are concerned) became something coaches had to deal with.  It's become such a big part of running a squad that people are actually employed these days to run this part of the game that never existed before.  It's ironic that probably the player that started all of this off had once upon a time been a Man Utd player coached by none other than Sir Alex Ferguson... I'm talking about David Bekham, the original walking, talking, one footballer PR machine.

In other words I agree Moyes didn't evolve with the times and had Moyes taken over Manchester United maybe six years earlier, he'd have been the next greatest thing.

It's all about "the time and the place"

Marco Silva surely has to be one of the most overrated managers out there, He seems to get a lot of plaudits but i fail to see why. He's done quite an average job at the 3 clubs he's managed since he came to England. Not trying to upset any of the evertonians on here i just dont see what makes him this visionary thats going to take them to the next level.

6 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Marco Silva surely has to be one of the most overrated managers out there, He seems to get a lot of plaudits but i fail to see why. He's done quite an average job at the 3 clubs he's managed since he came to England. Not trying to upset any of the evertonians on here i just dont see what makes him this visionary thats going to take them to the next level.

You don't know what you're talking about it you think he did an 'average job' at Hull. Stick to things you actually know about, if that's anything. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Another Liverpool fan in the Everton thread criticising the manager for one marquee defeat after giving their manager 2-3 years of patience to sort out the poor defence and still maintaining that he's still under no pressure if he doesn't win a trophy despite apparently having about 4 of the current world XI at his disposal?

Well I never...