talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The media is starting to irritate me with stories that Everton are going to fire sale assets to avoid administration.   The talk of Everton slicing an 80m demand for Branthwaite to 40m is just ignorance.   Sure 80m is to high but even administrators will look for the highest possible deal.  50-60m is most likely the fairest price for Branthwaite 

Chances of administration are about 1% or less now with a credible alternative to 777 now in talks to take control of the club and the new stadium reaching completion in under 6 months.

We will probably have to make a decent sale before the end of June to avoid another PSR breach, but not to do with administration. The club prefers to sell Onana and try to keep Branthwaite if possible. If it has to be Branthwaite though, we might have to compromise and take less than the £80m asking price but you're right that it won't go anywhere near as close as £40m.

Yeah from what I've read of this group it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they could have put a club that's been synonymous with being in the top divison for 100 odd years out of business.

Obviously there's the issue now of the money they have loaned Everton which I imagine they'll recall at the earliest opportunity given the hot water other companies and football clubs under their stewardship are in. But Kieron Maguire has been confident for months that he knows of various parties that are interest in purchasing Everton if they enter administration. So whilst the short term still looks grim, at least they'll have a club to support in the future and should rebound given the revenues generated from the new stadium and existing fan base.

• Subscriber

As far as modern day football goes, it sounds like Everton might actually be on the brink of the dream takeover. No state ownership. No multi-club bollocks. Just two genuine Everton fans who have succeeded in the world of business taking control of the club having found the financial backing to do so.

Get it done.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure I read somewhere that the consortium view Everton as a "sleeping giant", but it came across as if only they would view Everton as a sleeping giant, and no one else would view them as a sleeping giant...and also...the 4th biggest club in the country xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the consortium view Everton as a "sleeping giant", but it came across as if only they would view Everton as a sleeping giant, and no one else would view them as a sleeping giant...and also...the 4th biggest club in the country xD

Who's said that last bit?

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Who's said that last bit?

What I mean is you are the 4th biggest club in the country, everyone knows how big you are. But what I read just seemed like you were being presented a mysterious sleeping giant in the way that a Newcastle, Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday are portrayed lol

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

What I mean is you are the 4th biggest club in the country, everyone knows how big you are. But what I read just seemed like you were being presented a mysterious sleeping giant in the way that a Newcastle, Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday are portrayed lol

Yeah it has been a while since we behaved like a big club to be fair haha.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Danny said:

What I mean is you are the 4th biggest club in the country, everyone knows how big you are.

Are they? 

I was reading a story about Ben Godfrey being on the "cheap" as everton need to shift his 75k wages off the books.  

I like Godfrey, he makes me think of James Perch, can play at the back or in a holding role and has that mongrel in him that you hate to play against.  As a squad depth guy and right price he is good.  

Fbref backs up that he is a defensive only player, a James Perchesque player.

https://fbref.com/en/players/9f7c837d/Ben-Godfrey

When you are in a closing out stage of a game and you need to withdraw a Tonali or other flair player to add a clean up guy he is suited to that.

• Subscriber
On 08/06/2024 at 00:43, RandoEFC said:

As far as modern day football goes, it sounds like Everton might actually be on the brink of the dream takeover. No state ownership. No multi-club bollocks. Just two genuine Everton fans who have succeeded in the world of business taking control of the club having found the financial backing to do so.

Get it done.

Jinxed it didn't I. Looks like the Roma owner is the front runner now so welcome back to multi-club bollocks city.

In transfer news, Man Utd have a deal in principle in place with Branthwaite's representatives. They've made an initial offer of something around £40m which is barely over half of Everton's valuation.

Man Utd will try to get Branthwaite on the cheap knowing that we're under pressure with PSR to sell someone by June 30th. However, Onana, who would be missed a lot less by Everton, is attracting interest and is valued at £50m. A Champions League club has apparently made a first enquiry. Either Arsenal, PSG or Bayern.

Ideally for us we'll sell Onana, clear the PSR bar, and keep Branthwaite for another season before cashing in.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Jinxed it didn't I. Looks like the Roma owner is the front runner now so welcome back to multi-club bollocks city.

In transfer news, Man Utd have a deal in principle in place with Branthwaite's representatives. They've made an initial offer of something around £40m which is barely over half of Everton's valuation.

Man Utd will try to get Branthwaite on the cheap knowing that we're under pressure with PSR to sell someone by June 30th. However, Onana, who would be missed a lot less by Everton, is attracting interest and is valued at £50m. A Champions League club has apparently made a first enquiry. Either Arsenal, PSG or Bayern.

Ideally for us we'll sell Onana, clear the PSR bar, and keep Branthwaite for another season before cashing in.

Do you need to sell just to avoid the points deduction? Or do you need to sell before you can make any signings without falling afoul of the rules?

If it's the points deduction, then yeah - gotta sell someone to clear the bar. If it's just to sign anyone, it honestly might be worth a gamble by the club to only really on the youth team and reserve to add to the squad this summer. Everton, without the points deduction, weren't really relegation battlers. Could probably finish midtable with the current squad and get some kids some valuable experience to push their development on a tad. Obviously could backfire.

But if you've got to sell just to avoid the points deduction, that's way too fucking risky.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you need to sell just to avoid the points deduction? Or do you need to sell before you can make any signings without falling afoul of the rules?

If it's the points deduction, then yeah - gotta sell someone to clear the bar. If it's just to sign anyone, it honestly might be worth a gamble by the club to only really on the youth team and reserve to add to the squad this summer. Everton, without the points deduction, weren't really relegation battlers. Could probably finish midtable with the current squad and get some kids some valuable experience to push their development on a tad. Obviously could backfire.

But if you've got to sell just to avoid the points deduction, that's way too fucking risky.

I think we need to raise £20m-30m to avoid a points penalty.

Some of our fans think we should just keep Branthwaite and take a 4-6 point penalty because he's worth that hit. That's how highly rated he is. Not a great way to run a football club though lol.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think we need to raise £20m-30m to avoid a points penalty.

Some of our fans think we should just keep Branthwaite and take a 4-6 point penalty because he's worth that hit. That's how highly rated he is. Not a great way to run a football club though lol.

Yeah lol, probably not the best way to run the club long term.

Looks like the Roma owner's worked out a deal with Moshiri.

• Subscriber

Looks like we're doing a dirty deal with Aston Villa to help both clubs skirt the corrupt PSR rules. If you can't beat them, join them.

Essentially, if you sell a player for a low initial fee with add-ons, you can count the full value of the sale toward your incomings, but the buying club only has to count the initial fee paid in their outgoings. 

So Aston Villa are selling us Tim Irogbaneam and we're selling them Lewis Dobbin. Both deals will have low down-payments and nice sized add-ons later. Both clubs have their PSR position improved by swapping a pair of squad players over.

Looks like Chelsea and Aston Villa might actually be doing something similar with Maatsen and Duran.

About time we started playing a bit dirty after last season instead of just accepting our fate and letting Man Utd low-ball us for Branthwaite.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Looks like we're doing a dirty deal with Aston Villa to help both clubs skirt the corrupt PSR rules. If you can't beat them, join them.

Essentially, if you sell a player for a low initial fee with add-ons, you can count the full value of the sale toward your incomings, but the buying club only has to count the initial fee paid in their outgoings. 

So Aston Villa are selling us Tim Irogbaneam and we're selling them Lewis Dobbin. Both deals will have low down-payments and nice sized add-ons later. Both clubs have their PSR position improved by swapping a pair of squad players over.

Looks like Chelsea and Aston Villa might actually be doing something similar with Maatsen and Duran.

About time we started playing a bit dirty after last season instead of just accepting our fate and letting Man Utd low-ball us for Branthwaite.

Barcelona and Juventus got punished for doing the same type of deal.