talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forums

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The police clearly considered him a threat, it's questionable that people are choosing to side with a gang that has caused a major incident rather than the police attempting to keep order. 

Sorry, you've jumped the gun here.

Saying someone shouldn't be kicked and stamped in the head isn't the same as siding with a gang. 

If that's the approach you're taking I'm bowing out of this conversation for now because that is just simply bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry, you've jumped the gun here.

Saying someone shouldn't be kicked and stamped in the head isn't the same as siding with a gang. 

If that's the approach you're taking I'm bowing out of this conversation for now because that is just simply bollocks. 

Yeah this is the issue. I don't think anyone sides with the gang. I'd have probably done the same if i was the officer. But I'm not a police officer because I don't have that self dicipline. You can't let police officers go around kicking people in the head when they pose no threat. Now bare in mind there were two female officers and one male officer. And one of the female officers had a broken nose. If the male police officer was in a situation where he felt he had to to kick him to shock him that would be understandable but that's unlikely after he had been taser'd 

@Stan After a quick Google a taser will incapacitate you for about 30 seconds. I'm not to sure if I can be used again without a reload, but I think it may be possible and if so the officer could bave tasered him again if he was aggresive. Which means the only justification would be he was trying to knock the attacker out. 

Whole thing seems to have blown out of proportion. The kid was stupid to assault the officer, in US and most of the world he probably would've been shot dead for doing that.

And yes the officer should be given some suspension fine for kicking in the head.

10 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Just seen the full video, the police are fully justified in using the force that they did. Absolutely no place for a brawl like that to be commonplace in the UK and should be stamped out - must have been terrifying for innocent people in the area.

Disappointing, yet not surprising that the mainstream media will do all they can to keep the extended video under wraps - the agenda has been pushed firmly against GMP.

I agree, even if it the extended video is plastered all over ever news channel and online websites.

It’s almost as though people needed to wait for more information before jumping the gun and making their decision based off of one “sides” view and without further information. 

It’s pretty easy not to be a dickhead and not assault the emergency services at an airport. If you play silly games that can be viewed as a major threat to multiple people, you’ll win silly prizes. The whole thing has become a bit of a charade, with a “TikTok Lawyer” whipping people up into a frenzy. I suppose that’s this generation. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's dead simple. Whoever assaulted the officers should be charged and do time. 

The officer doing the kicking to the head should face disciplinary action.

Sadly not simple enough for some...

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s almost as though people needed to wait for more information before jumping the gun and making their decision based off of one “sides” view and without further information. 

It’s pretty easy not to be a dickhead and not assault the emergency services at an airport. If you play silly games that can be viewed as a major threat to multiple people, you’ll win silly prizes. The whole thing has become a bit of a charade, with a “TikTok Lawyer” whipping people up into a frenzy. I suppose that’s this generation. 

My opinion is that the lawyer saw dollar signs till the second video came out.

7 hours ago, MUFC said:

If this clown is a lawyer then I'm a barrister.

I thought you were talking about a certain member of this forum. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Shocking news from Southport. Children and others stabbed at a children's club earlier today :(

Two children have died, nine more injured (six critical) and two adults also injured. Awful

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Why are you acting like you've been vindicated for your pro-police brutality stance? 😆

Like everyone sane said, the context relates to if the guy deserved to be arrested or not. The context does nothing to make the office look good. He's still a cowardly dickhead that shouldn't be policing.

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Why are you acting like you've been vindicated for your pro-police brutality stance? 😆

Like everyone sane said, the context relates to if the guy deserved to be arrested or not. The context does nothing to make the office look good. He's still a cowardly dickhead that shouldn't be policing.

I've been vindicated because I haven't made my judgement on the whole thing based upon thirty seconds of footage, where those brawling managed to stop brawling to try and make their mate look like a saint. 

Given they were attacking emergency services staff in a high security place like an airport, I'd say it was job done. Don't play silly games, you won't win silly prizes. The faux sympathy has been fucked off and their leech of a lawyer has fucked off quicker than Lyle Langley after building a monorail.