talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think it's as small as a 'gaffe' or a 'Freudian slip'. I'm just intrigued as to what she means by it :what:.

Seen a few journalists and their cameraman get hounded by police, sadly. 

Australians just like saying 'good on ya'. We say it about everything, it's kind of one of those phrases that is just an automatic response. To me it sounded like she was saying 'good on ya for putting up with shitty pale skin that burns when your sister has a nice complexion', but whatever. It's probably why only foreigners are mad about it.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think it's as small as a 'gaffe' or a 'Freudian slip'. I'm just intrigued as to what she means by it :what:.

I think it was a dumb attempt at humour based on the girl taking after her father. Could be a slip of casual racism though. She was a country girl so may not have had the same level of multicultural upbringing as me. Below is the clip I was talking about.

On 04/06/2020 at 22:06, Spike said:

It pisses me off that it takes a black man being murdered in a  foreign country for Australians to protest, when Aboriginals have been dying in police custody for years. Are we as a nation fucking Phil's bald head or something?

Spineless creeps, shit for brain pigs that are more concerned about a foreign nation that what is happening to their home and compatriots. 

I guess I spoke too soon, there are protests happening for Aboriginal custody deaths. Good, I'm proud of them.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think it was a dumb attempt at humour based on the girl taking after her father. Could be a slip of casual racism though. She was a country girl so may not have had the same level of multicultural upbringing as me. Below is the clip I was talking about.

Yep, us backwater bushwhackers sure are stupid. Now that is casual classism.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

A man has just died in a cannabis factory fire in Dudley. Awful news....just think of all that wasted weed that has gone up in smoke :ph34r:

Depending how high he was, won't take him that long to get up to heaven.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stan said:

This is why I have a warning for racism and why we'd never choose to go live in England. 

Saying "Good on her" about a twin who is white after also praising a twin who is dark skinned is an absolute non story. If there's any inappropriateness in there at all it's obviously unintended. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Yep, us backwater bushwhackers sure are stupid. Now that is casual classism.

I have farming in my family.

In just saying Country folk are significantly less exposed to multiculturalism in their community throughout their youth.

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I have farming in my family.

In just saying Country folk are significantly less exposed to multiculturalism in their community throughout their youth.

Farming in your family? It isn't an inheritable trait .You, and I everyone on here probably have rapists in our familes as well.

So? What does that change? Didn't stop the Cronulla riots from happening in multicultural Sydney.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Spike said:

Farming in your family? It isn't an inheritable trait .You, and I everyone on here probably have rapists in our familes as well.

So? What does that change? Didn't stop the Cronulla riots from happening in multicultural Sydney.

I'm saying I don't have any issues with people from the country I spent half my school holidays there as a kid.

But I do believe it's fair to say that someone who grew up in the country may have been less exposed to multiculturalism and therefore may have more of a tendency towards ignorance than people who grew up in urban areas.

The comment was at worst racially insensitive. Very different from Cronulla

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Hard to say how she meant that to be taken but that program isn’t worth watching. The bloke is a tool. 

It’s trivial in comparison to how much crap is going on in the world right now.

Kochie is a mad cunt that openly supports labor and actually questions mps when they talk economics.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm saying I don't have any issues with people from the country I spent half my school holidays there as a kid.

But I do believe it's fair to say that someone who grew up in the country may have been less exposed to multiculturalism and therefore may have more of a tendency towards ignorance than people who grew up in urban areas.

The comment was at worst racially insensitive. Very different from Cronulla

I know exactly what you mean but that doesn’t mean I don’t think it is absolute nonsense. Typical thought process of an urbanite, you can’t see past your own biases, and spending a little time in the outback doesn’t change that. I’ve lived through years of people spouting the same argument, ignorance isn’t defined by geographic location or exposure or non-exposure to different culture. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This is why I have a warning for racism and why we'd never choose to go live in England. 

Saying "Good on her" about a twin who is white after also praising a twin who is dark skinned is an absolute non story. If there's any inappropriateness in there at all it's obviously unintended. 

I get where you're coming from but watch it again. What praise is given to the dark skinned girl? She just describes her :what:

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

I get where you're coming from but watch it again. What praise is given to the dark skinned girl? She just describes her :what:

You watched a 10 second clip of what I assume by sunrise normal standards is a several minute interview. 

You're looking for reasons to be offended.