talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics

football forum

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do I see? If the exit poll is anything to go by it suggests the Tories won't get an outright majority but suggest that if they go into coalition with the Lib Dems they'll have a majority of two. I'd be laughing if Theresa May failed to extend her majority and had to go into a coalition which would restrict her so tightly that she couldn't do anything I'll be thrilled. UKIP have been predicted to receive no seats which doesn't surprise me at all whilst the Greens are set to get the one which will probably be Brighton Pavilion.

I turned eighteen yesterday. I went to the polls today as one of the youngest voters in the country. I'm proud to say that I voted for the Labour party. My prediction and hope is they'll win it.

17 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Canada with Justin Trudeau? 

I think you need a divorce 

Nah he'll be gone by then.

With Brexit this is a complete disaster should it be a coalition again. They'll do for May I reckon. Sterling is dropping quite a bit

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cure said:

So what do I see? If the exit poll is anything to go by it suggests the Tories won't get an outright majority but suggest that if they go into coalition with the Lib Dems they'll have a majority of two. I'd be laughing if Theresa May failed to extend her majority and had to go into a coalition which would restrict her so tightly that she couldn't do anything I'll be thrilled. UKIP have been predicted to receive no seats which doesn't surprise me at all whilst the Greens are set to get the one which will probably be Brighton Pavilion.

I turned eighteen yesterday. I went to the polls today as one of the youngest voters in the country. I'm proud to say that I voted for the Labour party. My prediction and hope is they'll win it.

not a chance Tories will go in to coalition with Lib Dems again. Both hugely disagree with Brexit and didn't work out last time in 2010.

• Administrator
Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

There won't be a coalition like last time.

There will be a minority government.

Get ready for another election in 2 years when the EU takes advantage of this.

JEREMY CORBYN vs BORIS JOHNSON. 

Can it be hyped up like a boxing match please?

Theresa May was a total clown calling a snap election and then not showing up in debates and having an overall disastrous campaign. Whereas Jeremy Corbyn actually inspired a record number of new people registering to vote and the low end, right wing press being up Tories' arses probably hurt the Tories rather than help them. Tories' numbers would probably have fallen even more if the campaign was longer as well.

Hope the exit polls are correct, if not better than they're predicting. Tories no longer being in power would be wonderful.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's the manifesto that fucked it for May. They offered no goodies at all and made a right mess of it.

Though a massive 76 seats are too close to call and that could mean things swing back their way.

and just herself, as well.

calls a snap election, doesn't debate anyone, has an ironically weak style, doesn't really connect with people.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This would be glorious. I fucking hate Nick Clegg.

Nick "I only got into power because I promised no tuition fees and then raised them" Clegg  xD

How is he still a politician? I realise lying is part and parcel for that lot but even that seemed over the top.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

calls a snap election, doesn't debate anyone, has an ironically weak style, doesn't really connect with people.

The manifesto was the turning point in the polls though. They were well ahead until that car crash. Not coming out to debates after that played a part in cementing how badly the manifesto on offer was.

Based on the exit polls Nicola Sturgeon's post Brexit reaction and demands for independence have been a car crash as well.

We are in for a long night with a lot more twists and turns though.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah, a bit more competence may have gone a long way for her and the tories. When the snap election was called, she was in the drivers seat. But failing to show up to debates, not having a clear message on anything other than unrealistic Brexit negotiation promises & wanting to invade our online privacy, and seeming like a low budget Thatcher probably was no help to her.

Just now, Danny said:

Nick "I only got into power because I promised no tuition fees and then raised them" Clegg  xD

How is he still a politician?

The man is a living and breathing symbol of voters' disillusionment with politics. Why vote for a party that will happily side with ideological opponents for a slice of power?

I reckon the Tories will squeak 323 dead on, Lib dems are saying they feel their polling has been overstated and this is similar to 2015, Nuneaton about 1am will be first marginal.

I wouldn't be celebrating this either, this is a gift for the EU.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Exit poll thinks UKIP vote in brexit area Sunderland has gone to Labour giving Labour a massive win. 

Could be interesting for UKIP votes up for grabs around the country which the Tories were expected to take.

UKIP votes will go Blue in blue areas, red in red

• The title was changed to UK Politics

Archived