talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forums

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Aren't the AFA broke @El Profesor?

I don´t know, but considering all the prize money of the last few years and the cash-grab friendlies organized by AFA since the world title, I suspect AFA´s finances are in a much better position nowadays.

I wonder what Enzo´s french teammates at Chelsea are thinking about this incident.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Angola? Angola wasn't even a French colony, the French don't have any players of Angolan origin. If they want to be insulting to the French team, they should at least get their facts right.

It will be interesting to see how Enz Fernandez explains himself when he returns to Chelsea.

26 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I wonder what Enzo´s french teammates at Chelsea are thinking about this incident.

Pretty bad. Fofana has made a post calling it racist and Gusto has unfollowed him. Club now investigating the incident. 

Stupidity and ignorance. Twice in the space of the year too, and to film yourself knowing you have French/African teammates and play for a football club that has a rich history of French & African players is so fucking daft. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pretty bad. Fofana has made a post calling it racist and Gusto has unfollowed him. Club now investigating the incident. 

Stupidity and ignorance. Twice in the space of the year too, and to film yourself knowing you have French/African teammates and play for a football club that has a rich history of French & African players is so fucking daft. 

It's fucking idiotic. 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Michael said:

Angola? Angola wasn't even a French colony, the French don't have any players of Angolan origin. If they want to be insulting to the French team, they should at least get their facts right.

While it's not a French colony, France do have players that have Angolan parents. Camavinga being one of them and he was born there too.  

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

While it's not a French colony, France do have players that have Angolan parents. Camavinga being one of them and he was born there too.  

My bad, I didn't realise he was of Angolan ancestry. I just went by the players that have historically played for France that weren't originally French, as they were nearly all from the former French colonies. 

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sooner or later, a similar incident would end up blowing up, considering how different racial sensitivity (for a lack of a better term) is in Argentina.

That kind of behavior is pretty normalized in argentinian football, from fans to players.

Year after year, argentinian clubs are punished by Conmebol for racist behavior. Weeks ago, argentinian fans abused the canadian defender Bombito. 

It´s actually a bit surprising that it took this long to reach a wider international audience.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Actually, I just read that his parents were originally from the Congo, but that they moved to Angola as refugees. Camavinga was then born in an Angolan refugee camp.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Michael said:

Is this a sincere apology? Or is this an "I need to save my arse and save my career" apology?

It's a 'sorry I got caught' one. 

15 hours ago, MUFC said:

Argentinians are the Italians of South America.

This is actually a good comeback for the French players. They could just say they are Spanish speaking Italians lol

11 hours ago, Michael said:

Is this a sincere apology? Or is this an "I need to save my arse and save my career" apology?

Regardless, the silence was only making matters worse. This now needs to be handled in house and it'll be his responsibility to mend the relationship with his teammates. Looks like Jackson is already defending him but if the French players don't ever forgive him than I'll support them on that. 

• Subscriber

Singing about France when you've just won a South American exclusive tournament would be bizarre if it was just dickhead fans. For the players to do it is a bit off the scale.

What a bunch of absolute dickheads.