talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Man On Fire (2004)- Action/Crime/Drama - Denzil Washington, Christopher Walken,  8.5/10

Good film

In Mexico City, a former CIA operative swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect.

The Iron Claw - 7/10

A very good film but had to knock a point off for leaving out the death of one of the brothers because "it was one too many deaths for the story". If you're gonna take on real life stories, then you should be doing you best to tell that story.

The Roundup 4: Punishment(Korean)

This is the 4th movie in the Roundup movie series starring Don Lee. 

don_lee_1634630808081_1634630862446_(1)_

Don Lee is a big guy and probably not very agile so the action scenes are short and sweet. When he hits them they stay hit. I absolutely love the Roundup series. Having said that this is probably the weakest movie in the series. Detective Don Lee and his  colleagues chase after some cyber criminals in this one. The Roundup series is quite popular which is why they keep making them. Personally I rate The Roundup(2022) to be the best in the series followed by The Roundup: No Way Out(2023). The Outlaws(2017) and this one would be 3 & 4. If you like Korean cinema then these are fun movies to watch. 

6.5/10

Edited by couscous
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, couscous said:

The Roundup 4: Punishment(Korean)

This is the 4th movie in the Roundup movie series starring Don Lee. 

Don Lee is a big guy and probably not very agile so the action scenes are short and sweet. When he hits them they stay hit. I absolutely love the Roundup series. Having said that this is probably the weakest movie in the series. Detective Don Lee and his  colleagues chase after some cyber criminals in this one. The Roundup series is quite popular which is why they keep making them. Personally I rate The Roundup(2022) to be the best in the series followed by The Roundup: No Way Out(2023). The Outlaws(2017) and this one would be 3 & 4. If you like Korean cinema then these are fun movies to watch. 

6.5/10

Totally agree... great movies, I think it's the first one where he tackles the bloke with a knife in the shop, laughed my arse off when he kept stabbing him with his own knife to teach him a lesson.. xD Great action, highly recommend  

• Subscriber

Edge Of Darkness (2010) - Action/Adventure/Drama - Mel Gibson 8.5/10

It's not bad, quite enjoyed it.

As homicide detective Thomas Craven investigates the murder of his activist daughter, he uncovers a corporate cover-up and government conspiracy that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

@CaaC (John) watch Horizon: An American Saga by Kevin Costner, it's a 3 hour epic western. Bet it would be right up your alley

A few genres I've never liked. One of them is chick flicks and another is westerns.

Edited by Gunnersaurus

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I've heard of it. Isn't just a streaming service for C tier horror movies?

It is but there are a few classics. For me the best horror/chiller made is called REC. It's  Spanish and is unreal. It's on around 80 minutes long.

16 hours ago, MUFC said:

It is but there are a few classics. For me the best horror/chiller made is called REC. It's  Spanish and is unreal. It's on around 80 minutes long.

Oh yeah the original Quarantine. 

Terminator dark fate.

8/10 

This film had it critics but I thought it was really good.

Few things to note about the film though. Although it was a box office  bomb and did cost a lot to make. So it had to make a lot of money back. 

Also although a lot of people did criticise it, it's rotten tomato audience score is 82% which is very good. So I don't think it's quite as disliked as some people make out.

A lot of people consider terminator 2 to best action movie ever made. It was always a struggle after that for the sequels. 

Personally I think it's the best one since terminator 2 by a mile 

Godzilla Minus One

I don't know why they call it that. It looked like the actual title of the movie was Godzilla-1.0 

I really liked the movie. It's very well done at a small budget. It's not the smartest Godzilla storyline around but for some reason I really loved it. I really liked it. No idea why. 

7.5/10

Watched Shawshank Redemption. Only the second time I've watched it, first time being around 12 years ago. Hard to believe that it initally was a flop at the cinema.

The roof scene where Andy approaches the the captain regarding his wife and money was one legendary movie scene.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

Well, that was a fantastic watch. Almost as entertaining as Fury Road. Hemsworth plays an absolute goofy madman. I was also curious to see Anya Taylor-Joy in her first action role, and I think she nailed it. She was a total badass in this. 

I know people are generally tired of sequels etc. but I think this one was really well done, and tells a fantastic story about Furiosa. 

8/10

On 30/07/2024 at 13:16, couscous said:

Godzilla Minus One

I don't know why they call it that. It looked like the actual title of the movie was Godzilla-1.0 

I really liked the movie. It's very well done at a small budget. It's not the smartest Godzilla storyline around but for some reason I really loved it. I really liked it. No idea why. 

7.5/10

The film is borderline a masterpiece for that very reason. As much a film about a man's struggles with PTSD and guilt as it is about the big lizard.

Boy Kills World 

When his family is purged during an event called The Culling in a fictional dystopian City, boy Bill Skarsgard is taken in by a shaman who trains him to seek revenge. Skarsgard is both deaf and mute and so his thoughts are voiced over in some video game sound that he last played before his entire family was killed. It's not that bad but its not very good either. 

6/10

• 2 weeks later...

Amsterdam

It's loosely based on actual events. After the 1st World War there was an attempt by some powerful businessmen to overthrow the government and turn the US into a fascist state. The movie stars half of Hollywood. There is Christian Bale, Robert De Niro, Rami Malek, Michael Shannon, Mike Myers, Chris Rock, Margot Robbie, Andrea Risenborough, Anya Taylor-Joy, Zoe Saldana and many more. I don't think I can take another movie in which Christian Bale talks weird. We all know you are a great actor but have you considered talking like a normal human being. It's supposed to be a comedy of sorts but I remember laughing just once. The writing is not very good. Really ordinary movie.

5/10

The Last Stop in Yuma County 

Set in the 80's a bunch of travellers are stuck at a diner after the adjoining gas station runs out of fuel. Among them are a duo who robbed a bank and took off with 700K. It's a low budget movie starring Jim Cummings. It's well made. Well acted. Definitely worth a watch if you like indie movies.

6.5/10

Edited by couscous

• Subscriber

Silverado (1985) Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline - Western 7.0/10

It's funny looking at a young Costner and they tried to say this movie (what I read) was up there as a Western Classic like Unforgiven and Dancing With Wolves, I wouldn't class them in that category but a good watch (again).

A misfit bunch of friends comes together to right the injustices which exist in a small town.

Jackpot

Akwafina, John Cena

So America has gone to the dogs in the not so distant future and the government has come up with a monthly lottery to help people financially. To give everyone an equal opportunity anyone can kill the lottery winner within a 24 hour time frame and claim the lottery for themselves.

The plot is silly but the movie is absolutely hilarious. Its a laugh fest from start to finish. Watched a proper funny movie after a really long time. 

Came out last week I think on Prime. I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are looking for intelligent comedy then this is not it. If you are looking for silly fun then this is it.

7.5/10