talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011)

Mission Impossible: Fallout

I just love everything about these movies. The action, Tom Cruise's insane stunts, Tom Cruise running, Simon Pegg as Benji, the woman that kicks ass, the soundtrack. 

10/10 Best movie action franchise (except part 2) on the planet. Don't @ me. 

• Upvote 1

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

I was really done with the Marvel films, but I watched this because I was so impressed with Tom Holland in "The Devil All the Time", and I wanted to see more of him. And yea, he really impressed me in that film as well. His Peter Parker/Spider-Man performance was spot-on, and it was a very enjoyable film all around. 

7/10

The Pianist.

Been on my list for a while and finally got round to it the other night. I don't know how I never saw this film to begin with. Absolutely brilliant (if you can say that given what the film is about). 

Adrien Brody was brilliant playing his character as a man alone in a cruel world, hated and desperately looking to survive as each day passes.

There were quite a few scenes in particular that really struck a chord with me, so powerful, and yet I can imagine it only scratched the surface just how terrible life was for people during the times of the final solution.

8.8/10 for me.

• Subscriber

I was never much of a Nicholas

Cage fan but I have been watching a few of his films lately and he is gradually growing on me, acting & film-wise and I enjoyed this one. 

Vengeance (2017) - 8.5/10

Niagra Falls police detective and Iraq war veteran John Dromoor (Nicolas Cage The Rock) is flagged down by a 12-year-old girl after she witnesses her mother, Teena, being brutally attacked. 

Edited by CaaC (John)

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Hubie Halloween - 6.5/10 - Sue me, but I’m a sucker for a Halloween setting, and this one did it perfect. Also had some quite nice moments. Not funny, but pleasant enough. 

Agree... watched it the other night, had it's funny moments here and there mostly when he was cycling around town dodging stuff being thrown at him... 

• Upvote 1

Anthropoid.

Really, really intense movie.

True story based during the time of the holocast, Jamie Dornan and Cillian Murphy star as two Czech exiles parachuted into their 'home' country on a secret mission to assassinate General Reinhard Heydrich, the main man behind the final solution and third in command under Hitler.

Cillian Murphy in particular is brilliant in his role, showing great emotion and conviction in a seemingly impossible mission.

The final 45mins of this film are incredibly tense as the resistance fight an improbable task.

8.3/10

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

I thought it was a fun watch. Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover did a great job portraying young Han and Lando respectively. It had a lot of cool throwbacks and moments, like seeing Han and Chewie next to each other in the Millennium Falcon for the first time. Enoyed it.

7/10

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

I thought it was a fun watch. Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover did a great job portraying young Han and Lando respectively. It had a lot of cool throwbacks and moments, like seeing Han and Chewie next to each other in the Millennium Falcon for the first time. Enoyed it.

7/10

Did you miss the reveal in the end this time? xD

• Confused 1