talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Most of this has already been said but the fact is you don't get fans coming over to England on away days throwing people in fountains or whatever it is this time.

Whether the foreign police are heavy handed or not, that doesn't affect English fans behaving in a disgraceful manner when they go away.

It's a shame as it's great as a fan base to go in such numbers that you "take over" the city and you can give it large but then it all looks like a different type of mass intimidation and has to be dealt with as such as soon as a small minority push it too far.

Too big a slice of our society sees it as some sort of badge of honour to be the guy in that Twitter video where we pissed off a bridge onto that gondola because we were so pissed from drinking since breakfast when frankly it's totally embarrassing and arguably starts getting into the realms of being a sociopath.

• Subscriber

I'm surprised Liverpool fans haven't wised up to it given how long they've been playing in European competition. Spanish police hands down the worst I've witnessed. For all some of our fans were idiots in Madrid it's funny how the two places there were any problems with the police both happened to be Spain.

I'm sure the knobheads in the video can be easily identified. Hopefully they do actually get punished for it. Trying to remember if Liverpool got negative coverage for attacking Man City's bus or if it was seen as "passion".

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

I'm sure the knobheads in the video can be easily identified. Hopefully they do actually get punished for it. Trying to remember if Liverpool got negative coverage for attacking Man City's bus or if it was seen as "passion".

Liverpool put out a statement but I'm surprised at the lack of downplaying the behaviour to be quite honest. Didn't even address the racial stereotyping 'Mr Miyagi' comment and just said we need to embrace and be more respectful as  being from Liverpool that's what to expect. Felt their statement was a bit weak. Didn't even mention about trying to find who the fan was or looking to hand out punishment to fans that were involved. Compare that to Chelsea in Prague a few weeks ago where the fan was almost immediately identified and banned from entering the stadium over there.

18 hours ago, Stan said:

Some videos circulating of some Liverpool fans being absolutely bellends in Barcelona. 

Wonder how much this will get picked up on in the media... 

It’s all because Thatcher stopped the milk for kids, fucking media and their anti Liverpool conspiracy 

56 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Thought it was just me for second. English fans abroad have been an embarrassment to the nation for a while, ludicrous reading some comments in this thread (though not surprising) to play down the actions today and to basically use the same old "foreign cops are rough" agenda. 

There is always shock and horror when it's the Serbians and Russians yet the police at fault when it's the English somehow?

Have you even read the thread? None of the Liverpool fans who have commented have tried to down play that dickheads actions.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Considering the attack on the City bus was downplayed by all corners of the fanbase, I assume this will be the same. 

Hopefully the club take the right steps to stop this from happening in future as it is an unwanted theme throughout Liverpool's travels abroad. The "offended by everything, ashamed by nothing" tag is obviously relevant here. 

Here comes High Horse FC

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Considering the attack on the City bus was downplayed by all corners of the fanbase, I assume this will be the same. 

Hopefully the club take the right steps to stop this from happening in future as it is an unwanted theme throughout Liverpool's travels abroad. The "offended by everything, ashamed by nothing" tag is obviously relevant here. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Have you even read the thread? None of the Liverpool fans who have commented have tried to down play that dickheads actions.

To be fair, other than the knobs in the video all I've seen Liverpool fans do is condemn what they've seen and definitely haven't downplayed it... 

Obviously it's none of the Liverpool fans here and I don't think it represents Liverpool fans as a whole... but I have seen some idiots saying it's no big deal on Twitter. "No one died", "Mr. Miyagi was a lovable character", etc.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The "offended by everything, ashamed by nothing" tag is obviously relevant here. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Here comes High Horse FC

UlqLDtI8Qc0j6.gif.8ab5035e9c44055c139d708fad8dc38a.gif

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I have stated that I assumed it be the case, considering that the attack on Manchester City's bus was that there would be a repeat here.

If the attitude towards this behaviour has changed then that is obviously positive that times are changing among the Liverpool Football Club fanbase. The sooner actions like this are met with condemnation the better as they simple have no place in society, nevermind football. Turning a blind eye or worse still defending these actions is a dangerous standpoint. 

Let's hope that today is the last we will see of such behaviour from Liverpool fans, letting themselves down and the club they claim to support. Hopefully UEFA take a strong stance on any further misconduct. 

Condemnation? We're only a few months on from your lot buzzing because they went and had scraps with Millwall all over London xD

High Horse FC

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Obviously it's none of the Liverpool fans here and I don't think it represents Liverpool fans as a whole... but I have seen some idiots saying it's no big deal on Twitter.

I don't agree at all that it's no big deal. Blown out of proportion though? I think so. Everyone else is using it as an excuse to get the 'always the victims' etc digs in.

It was one fella and one other with the racial stereotype comment (I think?) out of thousands over there but you'd think it was an orchestrated large group reading some of the stuff.

No one reacts like this when fans get seriously injured

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No one reacts like this when fans get seriously injured

If you're an 'ultra' or a wannabe one that goes looking for trouble and looking to start fights with hooligans and you get injured, then I have no sympathy. 

But when you pick on innocent members of the public for 'epic bantz' cos you've had too many beers and trying too hard to be cool then that's when it oversteps the mark and that's why this is probably getting more attention. You're right that it's one fan spoiling it for the rest and that's how it usually is anyway (every fanbase has them). There's a difference between the two - picking on other 'ultras' is one thing but picking on innocent people (fans of football or not) is different. 

Not every fan (English or not) goes to a European away game looking for trouble. Some really just want to enjoy a few drinks perhaps, not be an asshole and just watch football. 

Well, however seriously you take it, hopefully this knobhead can receive a heavy ban and a couple of assault charges. Can see him in both videos, that are out there, pushing Asians into the fountain. Who knows if there were more.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not every fan (English or not) goes to a European away game looking for trouble. Some really just want to enjoy a few drinks perhaps, not be an asshole and just watch football. 

The problem is, is that the minority can ruin it for the rest of us as they never document good behaviour in the media, only negativity. There are likely a lot of Liverpool and Barcelona fans drinking in the same pub right now, but the media won't show football fans getting along.

I wouldn't say it was an English thing at all though, but rather a football fan thing as this sport attracts bellends if we are honest.

It pisses me off more when it's English fans as you feel embarrassed by them, although it's certainly not exclusive to English fans.

Just now, Cannabis said:

The profanity in your post is certainly not needed and the sign of someone with poor intellect/vocabulary. Due to the sub-standard nature of your posts in the past few months I actually have you set to ignore however do check through your posts sporadically to ensure that they meet forum guidelines and adhere to the rules we have in place.

If there is a specific topic that you would like me to expand on please feel free to let me know either publically or using the PM feature. Whenever challenged I do my best to respond to all posts within a reasonable time frame.

Haha xD do one.

• The title was changed to Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived