talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Champions League FINAL 2019  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final 2019?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That will be our son parking his arse around here later to watch the match as he can't get it live on his tv as he has no Virgin or BT, either that or he is going to try and log into my account and watch the match around his place.

I told him not to be too disappointed if Spurs do win it, after all, your Pool has won it 5 times before and can keep the Cup and United have won it 3 times so Spurs can have a little bit of glory on the day, especially parading it around there brand new stadium and also your mate Wezzo (a Spurs man living in Norway) can take the piss out of you on Facebook. 

Match stats - can Mane score in consecutive finals?

• Liverpool are playing in their ninth European Cup/Champions League final - more than any other English side. They've won the trophy five times, but have lost their past two finals (2007 and 2018).
  • Tottenham are playing in their first ever European Cup/Champions League final. The past five first-time finalists have lost - Chelsea 2008, Arsenal 2006, Monaco 2004, Bayer Leverkusen 2002 and Valencia 2000.
  • The last side to lose consecutive Champions League finals were Valencia in 2000 and 2001.
  • This will be Tottenham's first European final since the 1984 Uefa Cup. They are looking to become just the third English side to win all three major Uefa tournaments, including the old Cup Winners' Cup.
  • Liverpool have lost their past four finals since winning the 2012 League Cup. Spurs have lost their past two finals since the 2008 League Cup.
  • Sadio Mane could become the first player to score in back-to-back European Cup finals since Franz Roth with Bayern Munich in 1975 and 1976.
  • No team have conceded more goals in this season's Champions League than Tottenham (17). Seven of these goals have come in the opening 15 minutes of games.
  • This is Jurgen Klopp's third major European final with Liverpool - only Bob Paisley (four) has ever reached more with the club.

Sorry Liverpool fans, but I want Spurs to win it. As much as I respect Liverpool as a club, I think the story would be too good to pass on. From Pochettino, to Kane. Liverpool is also a story, regarding Klopp having a horrible finals record, as well as a historic club finally getting on top again. I think Spurs' edges the "storyline" factor for me.

Spurs haven't won a lot and are a decently sized club. They will also have the one thing that their historic rivals Arsenal, don't have.

We're all set. Sleeping in front of the tv tonight to be up at 4am!

Come on! 

(If you can't tell I'm really trying to get the 4 year old into it this time round... It'll be his first time watching live)

20190601_192457.jpg

Allison

Trent Matip VVD Andy

Jordan Fab Gini

Salah     Mane

Firmino

I think Milner will be the unlucky one to miss out in midfield. Though we would likely see him and Ox on at some point.

I wonder if Klopp could shock me and start Gomez ahead of Matip...?

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Allison

Trent Matip VVD Andy

Jordan Fab Gini

Salah     Mane

Firmino

I think Milner will be the unlucky one to miss out in midfield. Though we would likely see him and Ox on at some point.

I wonder if Klopp could shock me and start Gomez ahead of Matip...?

I'd go with that. Even though it's harsh on Milner to miss out he'll still play a huge part in this final.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Milner for Henderson. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

For Gini or for Hendo? 

Surely captain doesn't get dropped for a CL Final, an in-form captain at that.

I reckon he'll come in for Wijnaldum as said. Milner is a big game player and one who constantly gives 100%, important for this kind of game.

18 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Good Luck Liverpool ! especially the pool fans on this forum 

Thanks mate.

I just hope we can get something out of this amazing season to put some wind in our sails to chase down City again next year.

Hoping that klopps third CL final is a charm.

That his third European cup final with Liverpool is a charm.

Hoping everything the fuck I can that things go our way and we can win a great final in a few hours.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Archived