talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bayern were kind of lucky to scrape past Hoffenheim in the end, while Saarbrucken, from the regional leagues, caused a huge upset by knocking out 2. Bundesliga side Karlsruhe, on penalties.  The two teams from cities close to the French border, battled it out for 120 minutes, but neither team could score. Eventually it was Saarbrucken who held their nerves in the penalty shoot-out and they secured a sensational upset by knocking out Karlsruhe. Congrats to Rucksackfranzose and to the city of Saarbrucken!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Vader said:

@Viva la FCB isn't it weird to see Alphonso Davies do well at Left Back? He does it at the highest level yet for Canada he can't get a grip.

I'm sure you've seen a bit of him at Whitecaps. How do you think he's developed?

It was strange at first but the run hes been given hes played fantastic. Probably the tiptop of it all was the demolition of Dortmund when he matched and then some against Sancho. The kid has a bright bright future. Hes credited alot of the help making the transition to Alaba which does make some sense. I did not expect him to adapt so quickly to the level of play let alone exceed all the while changing positions. Its been a pleasure to watch.

He was clearly too good for MLS but i always have trouble envisioning players making the jump to Europe but credit where its due hes earned all of the plaudits.

13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The quarter finals have been drawn:

Leverkusen - Union Berlin

Schalke - Bayern

Frankfurt - Bremen

Saarbrücken - Düsseldorf

We got both, what we wished for @Tommy

Nice. Hmm, might be a nice away trip.

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice. Hmm, might be a nice away trip.

Will probably be difficult to get any cards. I don't expect us to play in Kaiserslautern versus Düsseldorf, Ludwigspark won't be finished till this match is played and our alternate home Herrmann-Neuberger-Stadium in Völklingen has only a capacity of 6800 spectators.

Honestly that's the reason, why I hoped for Düsseldorf or Eisern Union: versus all other teams we'd probably chosen to play in Lautern, which is between 60 and 70 kilometres away from Saarbrücken and had caused me not to see the match, because I wouldn't had have enough time to get there after work, since I expect this match to be played at 18:30, don't think it will be aired by free TV.

10 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Will probably be difficult to get any cards. I don't expect us to play in Kaiserslautern versus Düsseldorf, Ludwigspark won't be finished till this match is played and our alternate home Herrmann-Neuberger-Stadium in Völkjingen has only a capacity of 6800 spectators.

Honestly that's the reason, why I hoped for Düsseldorf or Eisern Union: versus all other teams we'd probably chosen to play in Lautern, which is between 60 and 70 kilometres away from Saarbrücken and had caused me not to see the match, because I wouldn't had have enough time to get there after work, since I expect this match to be played at 18:30, don't think it will be aired by free TV.

Hmm, as a club member I could get lucky in the member pre-sales. But I'll wait and see if someone else wants to go as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Quarter-Finals

Tuesday 3rd March, 2020
FC Saarbrucken vs Fortuna Dusseldorf, 17.30
Schalke vs Bayern Munich, 19.45

Wednesday 4th March, 2020
Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin, 17.30
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Werder Bremen, 19.45

27 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Tommy, you mentioned you would perhaps attend the match at our ground. Do you, if so we may meet and have a few beers before or after the match?

Sorry, I won't be there. :( 

On 02/03/2020 at 09:21, Stan said:

Quarter-Finals

Tuesday 3rd March, 2020
FC Saarbrucken vs Fortuna Dusseldorf, 17.30
Schalke vs Bayern Munich, 19.45

Wednesday 4th March, 2020
Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin, 17.30
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Werder Bremen, 19.45

It would be great if either Saarbrucken or Dusseldorf reach the semi-finals today. But if Saarbrucken were to get through, it would be such a fairy-tale and it would be fantastic to see them continuing to punch above their weight.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived