talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

3:2. The little rat scores the winner for Schalke. 

Little rat? That's harsh, but I guess you see him as a bit of a traitor for jumping ship. I like him as a player though, very useful in the role he plays on the field. Well Schalke are surely through now, after being 2 goals down during this game.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Michael said:

Little rat? That's harsh, but guess you see him as a bit of a traitor for jumping ship. I like him as a player though, very useful in the role he plays on the field. I guess Schalke are through then after being 2 goals down during this game.

He didn't force his move in a nice way. Also heard he's a questionable character who's a bit of a trouble maker and apparently cheated on his (beautiful) wife from time to time. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Little rat? That's harsh, but guess you see him as a bit of a traitor for jumping ship. I like him as a player though, very useful in the role he plays on the field. I guess Schalke are through then after being 2 goals down during this game.

...and because he plays for f**king Sch**ke!

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

He didn't force his move in a nice way. Also heard he's a questionable character who's a bit of a trouble maker and apparently cheated on his (beautiful) wife from time to time. 

I see, I didn't realise that about his move. Nor did I realise that he is a bit of a trouble maker. But as for his womanizing, no way would I condone that, but he can't be as bad as Lothar Matthaus.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

No one can. xD

I know, like seriously, how many women does he go through? He's got kids with most of them as well, lol. Last 2 were Ukrainians much younger than him. 

The sad part is I used to idolise the guy when I first fell in love with football when I was about 7. He was a class football player during the 90's, but sadly, off the field, he's probably not the best role model.:(

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I've never rated Caliguiri, he's decent defensively and at grafting, but his passing ability and his finishing have always been piss poor. I would never start him if I was manager of Schalke.

By the way, Nastasic is not old mate, he's only 26.:)

Yes but he will be 27 the day after mine, Atsuto  and Manuels b'day in March - and that compared to the new players at 04 is OLD.  Still my Laptop battery ran out after the final goal so I missed the (I guess) pitch invasion at the end!

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

Yes but he will be 27 the day after mine, Atsuto  and Manuels b'day in March - and that compared to the new players at 04 is OLD.  Still my Laptop battery ran out after the final goal so I missed the (I guess) pitch invasion at the end!

I don't think that even 27 is considered old as a football player. It's only once a player hits their 30's where they might experience a physical decline, well that's usually the case anyway.

Nice to see that you've memorized all their birthdays, lol....just like a true hardcore Schalke fan.

Anyway dude, congrats on the win. That was a tough match, but Schalke battled hard and earned the win, so credit to them for that.

• Subscriber

What a game... haven't been so nervous throughout a match for a loooong time and have honestly almost forgotten how that feels :7_sweat_smile: Brilliant team performance; albeit with a bit of luck in the second half. Hopefully we can use this to turn it around in the league as well; today showed that the team has by far more potential than they've shown so far this season. Bittencourt and Rashica were the best for me today, Klaasen and Eggestein finally playing how they used to last season, and special mention to Friedl who had a very good game today. Hopefully Selke's injury is not serious; it was very obvious how important having that type of striker is for us after he had to be taken off. Sargent sadly in a poor form. Füllkrug & Selke upfront should be quite tasty when both are fit!

I'm sooooooo done in. Beer's (or tea for the teetotalers) on the house for everyone!

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

I know, like seriously, how many women does he go through? He's got kids with most of them as well, lol. Last 2 were Ukrainians much younger than him. 

The sad part is I used to idolise the guy when I first fell in love with football when I was about 7. He was a class football player during the 90's, but sadly, off the field, he's probably not the best role model.:(

He's also as dumb as a sack of rocks. 

On 04/02/2020 at 22:42, Tommy said:

He's also as dumb as a sack of rocks. 

Yeah, well he's also a shite manager, lol. It's a shame that such legendary players on a football field, are not always likeable personalities off it.

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

What a game... haven't been so nervous throughout a match for a loooong time and have honestly almost forgotten how that feels :7_sweat_smile: Brilliant team performance; albeit with a bit of luck in the second half. Hopefully we can use this to turn it around in the league as well; today showed that the team has by far more potential than they've shown so far this season. Bittencourt and Rashica were the best for me today, Klaasen and Eggestein finally playing how they used to last season, and special mention to Friedl who had a very good game today. Hopefully Selke's injury is not serious; it was very obvious how important having that type of striker is for us after he had to be taken off. Sargent sadly in a poor form. Füllkrug & Selke upfront should be quite tasty when both are fit!

I'm sooooooo done in. Beer's (or tea for the teetotalers) on the house for everyone!

Yeah, it seems like everything came together today and that the players played to their potential. This is a huge win for Werder, especially psychologically. This should boost their morale and hopefully the positive results in the league will start to crop up.

I'm not really a teetotaller, I was just trying to be a smartarse.:D

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Penalty for what exactly?

To be fair Moisander was very very stupid there and it could have easily cost us the game. I believe the ball was still in play when he decided to shove Reyna around so if that's the case then we're lucky the referee decided that Reyna dived prior to Moisander's action, thus rendering the potential penalty call irrelevant. Could have easily gone the other way though as while Reyna was looking for a penalty and fell down too easily, it was hardly a clear and obvious dive either. So yeah, I'd say we got lucky there and it was completely unnecessary. I'll take it as DFB's apology for screwing us over against Bayern in the semi final last year :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be fair Moisander was very very stupid there and it could have easily cost us the game. I believe the ball was still in play when he decided to shove Reyna around so if that's the case then we're lucky the referee decided that Reyna dived prior to Moisander's action, thus rendering the potential penalty call irrelevant. Could have easily gone the other way though as while Reyna was looking for a penalty and fell down too easily, it was hardly a clear and obvious dive either. So yeah, I'd say we got lucky there and it was completely unnecessary. I'll take it as DFB's apology for screwing us over against Bayern in the semi final last year :ph34r:

Meh, it was a bit of a quarrel, and Reyna actually reached towards Moisander as well, only for the little cunt to fall down and play the victim. But I do understand that Moisander should have acted differently, especially with all his experience. Still a good call from Winkmann to show them both a yellow card and be done with it, and not escalate it further, IMO. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived