• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Life Hacks

Recommended Posts

Are you too systematic ? Or you always find an alternative for almost everything 

Share any trick or hack that you find useful in daily life/chores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the easiest way to do something and stick with that. Why make life difficult for yourself? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, now I have retired from work my bills get paid every 4 weeks off my State Pension (not a calendar month) done this for 5 years now and on a Thursday morning I will isolate myself in the back room and go around via the internet (via telephone banking) and pay the bills, some bills I do begrudge paying like council tax and the bloody tv licence but I pay them all and sit and relax knowing we (wife) are not in debt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

You guys need to pay for owning a tv?

Archaic law from when TV's were for the rich only. You didn't know this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Toinho said:

You guys need to pay for owning a tv?

 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Archaic law from when TV's were for the rich only. You didn't know this?

TV Licences should be abolished and I have always said that the BBC advertise anyway in a sneaky way, not like ITV, you look at all the sport matches they show on the BBC you will see advertisements in full view on billboards and on fences around the ground, shows like Open all Hours about Arkwrights shop with all the goods in full view and a lot of other shows on the BBC that show the insides of a shop with all the brandmarks in full view. 

The BBC should just advertise like ITV and let them pay the price of advertising their goods, don't tell me there isn't a few back-handers money wise with a director or producer will say to a company "Give me a few quid under the table and I will make sure your goods are in full view for the viewing public". :coffee: 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Harry said:

Archaic law from when TV's were for the rich only. You didn't know this?

I knew they used to and had to when I visited a while back but surprised it’s still around in 2019. You’re meant to in Japan too but I never did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I knew they used to and had to when I visited a while back but surprised it’s still around in 2019. You’re meant to in Japan too but I never did. 

It raises revenue mate. Nobody rushes to change those kind of laws

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Harry said:

It raises revenue mate. Nobody rushes to change those kind of laws

Makes Australia even better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Life hacks then. 

Upon returning home from the shops no matter how many grocery shopping bags you have in the car, they must all be brought in via a single trip.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep one of those plastic tub things in the back of my car so the groceries don't spill all over the place. Is that a life hack? Seems like a life hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if you befriend a bartender, you can get drunk cheaper when you go out. That's definitely a life hack.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I keep one of those plastic tub things in the back of my car so the groceries don't spill all over the place. Is that a life hack? Seems like a life hack.

I keep a box in the boot for body parts when I go shopping. Saves it rolling around all over the place with my kind of driving. Definitely a life hack.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent life hacks? Hmmmm

Get a managers job at work so you can tell your missus you have more important meetings than you actually do and get extra trips to the pub after work.

I had about 3 last week. :ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Recent life hacks? Hmmmm

Get a managers job at work so you can tell your missus you have more important meetings than you actually do and get extra trips to the pub after work.

I had about 3 last week. :ph34r:

Got a hack for that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine who was really good with cars knew lots of methods and tricks for car maintenance like changing tires without the usual tools, too bad i don't own one so never took him seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would always use my hands to open a jar (salsa, pasta sauce etc), but I had an injured hand once and the gf told me to just use a sharp knife to quickly jab a hole in the top of the lid, and therefore it’s easy opening. Changed my life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

I would always use my hands to open a jar (salsa, pasta sauce etc), but I had an injured hand once and the gf told me to just use a sharp knife to quickly jab a hole in the top of the lid, and therefore it’s easy opening. Changed my life. 

If I can't open a jar I just use a bottle opener to slightly lift one side of the lid to let some air out and break the vacuum seal. Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I drink and eat a lot without gaining weight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How do I drink and eat a lot without gaining weight?

Get a portion of your stomach removed in this way you can eat drink till you get full without gaining much weight

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How do I drink and eat a lot without gaining weight?

Eat a box of laxatives after a session of the latter and I guarantee you will lose what you ate and drank at the other end in no time.  xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d08b91e2e73706732

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Eat a box of laxatives after a session of the latter and I guarantee you will lose what you ate and drank at the other end in no time.  xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d08b91e2e73706732

Hmm not bad. Gotta get me one of those Japanese heated toilet seats first though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Hmm not bad. Gotta get me one of those Japanese heated toilet seats first though. 

When I was in the hospital in 2017 after my lung op I was constipated so I told the nurse, she gave me some laxatives and said take them, they will make you move, last time I will ever take them bastards again, I was scared if I tried to fart I would shite myself, they were fucking lethal and I made sure I never wandered out of the ward for a walk or some fresh air and I made sure I was right near a ward toilet.  :eek:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

How do I drink and eat a lot without gaining weight?

High metabolism?

It won't be there forever though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Got a hack for that ?

Yea, work hard.. 

Nothing great was ever achieved without dedication,passion and enthusiasm... or you could just go the easy way and suck up to senior management at every given opportunity in every job you do all the while dobbing your workmates in for any wrong doing.. that way you will at least give the impression you are a 'company' man and worth promoting... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also if you befriend a bartender, you can get drunk cheaper when you go out. That's definitely a life hack.

Works better for me if it's a Barmaid.... 

19 hours ago, Stan said:

I keep a box in the boot for body parts when I go shopping. Saves it rolling around all over the place with my kind of driving. Definitely a life hack.

Nothing would surprise me... it's always the ones you least suspect

4 hours ago, nudge said:

If I can't open a jar I just use a bottle opener to slightly lift one side of the lid to let some air out and break the vacuum seal. Done.

Got to leave something for the man in your life to help out with... unlike @SirBalon not many of us are good at hoovering up and ironing... 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also if you befriend a bartender, you can get drunk cheaper when you go out. That's definitely a life hack.

But you end up with one more friend, and most people are annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

A friend of mine who was really good with cars knew lots of methods and tricks for car maintenance like changing tires without the usual tools, too bad i don't own one so never took him seriously.

I can take the lid off a bottle of beer with most kitchen cutlery...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

But you end up with one more friend, and most people are annoying. 

It's a temporary arrangement lasting just the duration of the drinking session... you don't need to swap numbers or anything like that.. they mostly listen anyway but if they ever tell you that you have had enough then it's you that's become annoying to them and not the other way around.. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have written this out but its a life-hack for people who go on trips to famous places and want to get rid of tourists (from pics). Also works pretty well for taking loads of pics of spaces and removing people from them assuming of course those people move.

delete-tourists-from-photo.jpg?w=375&h=6

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement