talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

VAR in the Premier League

8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'd suggest that over two thirds of the people that complain about VAR are the type of fans that moan about change. I was at the London Stadium when it took forever to review the Jordan Ayew goal, was I bothered? Nope because I knew they would come to the right decision. I was more annoyed after the Liverpool and Arsenal games when I saw decisions that hadn't been reviewed which really should have been.

This must be impossible though because every goal is tainted and everyone hates it. Or so I’ve been told.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

This must be impossible though because every goal is tainted and everyone hates it. Or so I’ve been told.

No, it's as you said above, some set of fans like it, some dont. Youve been told by people on here that they dont like VAR, you've been told by people you know that they like VAR. One set of fans isnt more important than the other remember!

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

With the fine margins that managers are being sacked VAR is the way forward. It's unfortunately just being implemented poorly in this country. Why is the ref not allowed to go to the touch line? Why do the people reviewing the incidents not know the rules? Why is everything being reviewed and not clear and obvious errors?

Once these get addressed it will be fine. It's worked well overseas and in the world cup. It can work well here.

I'd suggest that over two thirds of the people that complain about VAR are the type of fans that moan about change. I was at the London Stadium when it took forever to review the Jordan Ayew goal, was I bothered? Nope because I knew they would come to the right decision. I was more annoyed after the Liverpool and Arsenal games when I saw decisions that hadn't been reviewed which really should have been.

I dont mind change. In my job over the years change has made things much safer for everyone involved. 

I do mind change though when it's for the worse, when it starts damaging things. That's what VAR has done to football in this country so far. I dont think anyone can deny that. 

I'm not blaming the actual technology, I'm blaming the knobheads who are sat behind the screens in charge of it. I mean, what chance has it got when they cant even get offside decisions right? 

The referees in this country are diabolical, always have been. That isnt going to change because it's how they are taught. So how do you suggest VAR will make anything any better with those dullards operating it? All it's doing is making things worse by highlighting their dullardness. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, it's as you said above, some set of fans like it, some dont. Youve been told by people on here that they dont like VAR, you've been told by people you know that they like VAR. One set of fans isnt more important than the other remember!

It seems to be on here though xD. I’ve not sounded off every time it works, but there’s dozens of posts when it doesn’t! I’m not a VAR champion, but I want it to be given the time to get it right properly in our game, our league. 

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It seems to be on here though xD. I’ve not sounded off every time it works, but there’s dozens of posts when it doesn’t! I’m not a VAR champion, but I want it to be given the time to get it right properly in our game, our league. 

You shouldn't have to sound off everytime it works, because that's what it's there for. It's not there to continuously get things wrong wich brings it to peoples attention.

Read my post above. How can it be improved when the people operating VAR aren't even capable of buttering a slice of toast?

My questions are this... Were things SO bad before VAR and has it improved the things that were SO bad? Is it really needed?

My honest answer mate to those three questions are no. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Read my post above. How can it be improved when the people operating VAR aren't even capable of buttering a slice of toast?

Change the people? The rules? Implementation? That’s like saying what’s the point in living when the world is being led by utter fucking muppets xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Change the people? The rules? Implementation? That’s like saying what’s the point in living when the world is being led by utter fucking muppets xD

The world was better before the muppets obvs :P 

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Go on then... change them!

Its referees sat in a room with video footage mate. The same referees that are out on the pitch. They are all taught the same way so VAR is useless xD

We are talking about football here mate, its nothing like saying 'what's the point in living'. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They are all taught the same way so VAR is useless 

Then the teaching needs to change/improve.

And that takes time. We can all look back in hindsight and say this should have been done before. Maybe it was but not to a good enough standard. So you learn from it going forward...

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Then the teaching needs to change/improve.

And that takes time. We can all look back in hindsight and say this should have been done before. Maybe it was but not to a good enough standard. So you learn from it going forward...

As you say, easy in hindsight, but have you seen who is the head of the referee department in this country? It's all well and good people like you and deadlinesman saying the people need to change or the standard of teaching needs to improve but it hasn't for years and years so what makes you think it will now?

All VAR has achieved is to cause more controversy and I dont see that changing anytime soon, not while our standard of referees are controlling it. 

On 27/11/2019 at 20:54, LFCMadLad said:

Look, the replay clearly shown their player was offside. The replay also clearly shows that their goalscorer elbows VVD in the ribs. Still the fucking thick cunts get it wrong and allow the goal. I mean, I dont know how much more evidence you VAR fanboys need before you except its shit?

That's my last word on it seriously, because it's becoming tedious now. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

VAR reps have apparently just said that Southampton's goal today should have been ruled out for handball but they didnt get to see the footage until 10 minutes after it happened. 

Fuck me, can it get any worse xD

See the source image

• Haha 1

I said this before but with var a lot of it is about how much it is affecting your enjoyment of the game I think.  For @LFCMadLad it clearly is.  If he can't enjoy goals because he is worried it will be disaload of course he is gonna hate var. 

Where as me and @Stan and @DeadLinesman don't have that problem so we are more patient. There's not really a right or wrong answer it just depends how you react.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I said this before but with var a lot of it is about how much it is affecting your enjoyment of the game I think.  For @LFCMadLad it clearly is.  If he can't enjoy goals because he is worried it will be disaload of course he is gonna hate var. 

Where as me and @Stan and @DeadLinesman don't have that problem so we are more patient. There's not really a right or wrong answer it just depends how you react.

Getting decisions right would help mate. The amount of wrong decisions is staggering considering they have video technology. 

Mings has just said that his goal celebrations against Utd at Old Trafford  were somewhat ruined because he knew that VAR might rule it out, despite it being a perfectly legitimate goal. 

The game as we knew it is finished! 

That's the last I'm saying on the matter :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

I checked on the rules of the game as to why the offside rule was introduced in football in the first place? The answer given is: The offside rule exists to stop goal hanging, where a player stands next to the opposing teams goal keeper in the hope that someone can get the ball to him (probably using a long ball), so he can get it past the goal keeper. It begs me to ask as to the number of goals being disallowed since the introduction of the VAR by an arm pit or even less. Surely common sense has to prevail to this recently created problem and start giving advantage to the attacking team in such close calls, after all the attacking players are not hanging around goalkeepers waiting for a mate to boot the ball long to them. Personally I yearn for the days of pre VAR.

• Upvote 2

• The title was changed to VAR in the Premier League