talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Saturday 31st August, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Live on BT Sport

Kick-off 12.30pm

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png     VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Match History
Man Utd 3-2 Southampton
Southampton 2-2 Man Utd
Man Utd 0-0 Southampton
Southampton 0-1 Man Utd
Southampton 0-0 Man Utd

Head to Head Record
Southampton - 27 wins
Draws - 33
Man Utd - 65 wins

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

9_9 best player so far.

An yet... 

Juan Mata is, and always has been, a class player. He's just not athletic enough to play wide in the 'modern' game, right?

He has created three chances in this match, more than every other player on the field combined (two).

Mata has already done more in this half than Lingard has managed in 2019.

It is funny that a club as big as United have appointed a man who couldn’t win silverware at Everton to save his life and have then gone onto later appointing a man who couldn’t keep Cardiff in the league.

He really is just trying to copy Ferguson’s wing play, United have nothing about them tactically whatsoever

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

It is funny that a club as big as United have appointed a man who couldn’t win silverware at Everton to save his life and have then gone onto later appointing a man who couldn’t keep Cardiff in the league.

He really is just trying to copy Ferguson’s wing play, United have nothing about them tactically whatsoever

I still don't understand why this is used as a stick to beat Moyes with. It was an achievement that he made us good enough that people thought we could win something when another manager could easily have taken us into the Championship given the state of the club when Moyes took over. He was voted manager of the year 3 or 4 times in his 10 years at Everton by his peers so its not like being trophyless as an Everton manager in those circumstances was ever deemed a major sticking point.

I'm not saying he should have taken over from Fergie though, and I completely agree their managerial appointments have been total scatter gun since he retired.

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mason greenwood to win it. Its always about the present but with the plethora of options man utd has with the youngster, it's a matter of time before the positive results start pouring. But no neutral will give man utd credit, only hate. That Chelsea kid Mount, would not even make our bench 

Much like Maguire would be your 5th choice CB.xD 

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I still don't understand why this is used as a stick to beat Moyes with. It was an achievement that he made us good enough that people thought we could win something when another manager could easily have taken us into the Championship given the state of the club when Moyes took over. He was voted manager of the year 3 or 4 times in his 10 years at Everton by his peers so its not like being trophyless as an Everton manager in those circumstances was ever deemed a major sticking point.

I'm not saying he should have taken over from Fergie though, and I completely agree their managerial appointments have been total scatter gun since he retired.

Because he went onto manage Man Utd, the biggest club in England at the time. I’m not knocking him as Everton manager, but it was a joke really that he was appointed considering his lack of silverware and that he specifically has never looked like winning anything, was a proper mates rates job interview to take over from Fergie

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Saturday 31st August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived