Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

League One Play-Offs 2016/2017

First Legs
Thursday 4th May, 2017
Bradford City 1-0 Fleetwood Town, 19.45
Millwall 0-0 Scunthorpe, 19.45

Second Legs
Sunday 7th May, 2017
Fleetwood Town 0-0 Bradford City, 18.30
Scunthorpe 2-3 Millwall, 18.30

FINAL
Saturday 20th May, 2017
Bradford vs Millwall, 15.00

Good to see these getting a lot of attention xD 

First leg results
Bradford 1-0 Fleetwood
Millwal 0-0 Scunthorpe

I think Millwall will make the final but they'll have another hard day of it if they get there. Bradford will be keen to avenge last years playoffs whilst Fleetwood would go all out given the rarity of them being in this position.

Why are these playoffs taking place but the Championship and League 2 haven't even finished yet? You'd think they'd end all the leagues on the same weekend.

3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Why are these playoffs taking place but the Championship and League 2 haven't even finished yet? You'd think they'd end all the leagues on the same weekend.

What Sky want to fit there schedule Sky get. A lot of players have been vocal about not having a break on Twitter.

No proper break and games played simultaneously. Well done to Sky for managing to spoil even the play-offs.

Results.

Fleetwood 0-0 Bradford (agg 0-1)
Scunthorpe 2-3 Millwall (agg 2-3)

Bradford vs Millwall in the final on Saturday 20th May. The 2 sides met in the semi-finals last season, Millwall progressing on that occasion. 

God I hope Bradford win that final.

Neil Harris and Steve Morison are a pair of utter clampits.

Always had a soft spot for Bradford City, I hope they manage to get up through the playoffs. They've been by far the stronger team this season, but it's all down to the lottery of one game. 

I'm thinking Bradford will edge it in extra time.

Delighted that Fleetwood aren't going up with us. It's already a joke that Burton Albion are in the Championship, let alone sodding Fleetwood.

3 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Always had a soft spot for Bradford City, I hope they manage to get up through the playoffs. They've been by far the stronger team this season, but it's all down to the lottery of one game. 

I'm thinking Bradford will edge it in extra time.

Delighted that Fleetwood aren't going up with us. It's already a joke that Burton Albion are in the Championship, let alone sodding Fleetwood.

what's wrong with Burton in Championship?

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's wrong with Burton in Championship?

The novelty of non-league sized clubs getting up the divisions for any extended period of time doesn't really stick with me. 

Fleetwood, Burton Albion, Stevenage, Crawley, Morecambe - tiny clubs in pokey areas full of kids in Chelsea tops. I personally find the clubs slightly plastic and have almost zero interest in them - hurray that they got out of non-league, but I'd much rather see well-supported, mildly significant clubs like Tranmere Rovers, Wrexham, Stockport County and Lincoln City in their place. 

7 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

The novelty of non-league sized clubs getting up the divisions for any extended period of time doesn't really stick with me. 

That's exactly how I felt when you were playing in Europe.

13 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

That's exactly how I felt when you were playing in Europe.

Probably wound up most of the country with our negative dirty hoofing anti-football. 

Good.

• Upvote 1

I work with quite a few Bradford fans, and I really hope that they go up.

From a selfish point of few, it would be a very convenient away day for me in the Championship next season. 

20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Hoping Bradford get promoted. Been a little while since they were in the Championship.

2002/03 weren't it? That's when I realised, at the age of 12, that signing players at the end of their careers is not a sustainable business model. Yet teams like Blackpool were making the same mistakes over a decade later.

I dislike Millwall but I think they'll offer more and could be more competitive in the league than Bradford. So I'd rather they do it.

Bradford got relegated from the old Division One in 03/04. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bradford got relegated from the old Division One in 03/04. 

Knew it was one of those years when LMA Manager was knocking about :ph34r:

Looking forward to this game today.

Kills me to say it but I wouldn't mind Milwall winning this one because I quite like the set up they have with players and staff who genuinely care about the club. It's just a shame for the supporters that go at the moment that as soon a season they become a half decent club all of the knuckle draggers who don't bother with the club now will come out of the woodwork when media interest picks up to shatter the clubs reputation.

I am still scarred from that semi-final defeat we suffered against them so Bradford can stay where they are.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Brilliant.

Whilst they're fortunate that goal wasn't ruled offside I'm glad a team I think should compete well in The Championship has gone up.

I bet all the Championship clubs are well happy that Millwall won. Another Cat C game to add to the fixture list. :dam:

I quite like Neil Harris too, but I hate Millwall fans

Stuart McCall saying he came close to clocking a few of them is hilarious.

What's Morrison's problem? Miserable bastard, enjoy it with the fans. There was no bad intent from them. 

Millwall are like thrush, an irritant.

I'm gutted for Bradford. I really wanted them to go up and thought that they would do. And like most people I despise Millwall. A few of my friends from work were at Wembley cheering Bradford on yesterday. 

At least the last 5 seasons have been a very exciting time to be Bradford fan, with a play-off promotion from League Two, two consecutive appearances in the League One play-offs, a League Cup final run (beating 3 Premier League clubs along the way) and an FA Cup quarter-final run (beating 2 Premier League clubs along the way).