talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pizzagate is a good example. It has fuck all to do with the Russia hacks

Yep.

Dugin is a Russian political scientist, who has served as an advisor to Putin. That's factual, it's not a meme (although memes don't need to be non-factual). Using memes as a way of promoting political ideologies isn't really my style though - that's more something I'd leave to the tards on 4chan or /r/the_donald

I wish that were true. Dugin's influence on Putin has been blown massively out of proportion. Dugin is a hardcore Eurasianist and Putin is, by Russian standards, more of a liberal. He has provided some of the framework for the geopolitical role of modern Russia, but to suggest he instructed, adviced or otherwise persuaded Putin to interfere in the US elections is a laughable notion with no evidence supporting it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it's a meme, but ramblings from that man are taken as revelations by extreme right wingers. At some point we should remember them the man is not particularly lucid nor original (just another iteration of the already secular mackinderesque ideas and russian orthodox traditionalism in collusion -see, i did it- with esotheric nonsense and ultra-nationalist delusions of grandeur). The heartland POV is way delluded. One thing is having primary goods and an independent foreign policy carried out by a country playing to its strenghts. Another different one is an economically and demographically shrinking "country" becoming the pivot of the World. A byproduct of navel gazing at a hardcore level.

On 2017-5-16 at 3:23 PM, Tsubasa said:

I'll see you your Washington post article on revealing classified info to the Russian ambassador,  and raise you this New York Times article suggesting Trump asked James Comey to drop the investigation of Michael Flynn.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

It's been a pretty shit week for trump. 

On 5/16/2017 at 6:23 AM, Tsubasa said:

I bet he didn't even do it on purpose. Just slipped out because he loves the sound of his own voice, the daft idiot

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

There's usually no smoke without fire. The fire is now burning bright. The Republicans must be scrambling every day behind the scenes wondering what the fuck is going wrong. Trump just can't help himself.

Brazilian Politics 101: If Republicans are smart they'll not only let Trump burn, they'll take active measures to impeach him and start fresh with Pence like they saved the country.

The Deputy Attorney General has just appointed Comey's predecessor as Special Counselor (I guess Special Prosecutors from the Nixon era are no longer a thing) to lead an independent investigation on the Trump-Russia connection. Makes sense given the ridiculous week Trump gave the United States.

I hope this is the beginning of the end.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Deputy Attorney General has just appointed Comey's predecessor as Special Counselor (I guess Special Prosecutors from the Nixon era are no longer a thing) to lead an independent investigation on the Trump-Russia connection. Makes sense given the ridiculous week Trump gave the United States.

I hope this is the beginning of the end.

Are we talking about Robert Mueller(Müller :P)? This guy was elected by Bush and is probably a republican, so I guess he won't be too "independent". But don't worry, Trump has been acting so foolish, even republicans are against him now and so will Mueller, I hope.

Just now, True Bender said:

Are we talking about Robert Mueller(Müller :P)? This guy was elected by Bush and is probably a republican, so I guess he won't be too "independent". But don't worry, Trump has been acting so foolish, even republicans are against him now and so will Mueller, I hope.

Yeah Mueller. He's got a long history as a US attorney and received a promotion under Clinton too. The Justice Department has people appointed by partisan actors, but the ones who take their job seriously generally have integrity. Look at Sally Yates... she was appointed by Bush 1 initially & received promotions under every subsequent president. And that's a Republican origin appointee that's been pretty fucking damning for Trump.

Considering Mueller's history with Ashcroft, Comey, and US domestic surveillance- it seems like he's not afraid to stand up to a Republican administration if he does not think the administration has acted properly.

I also think most moderate Republicans (which is, sadly, the smallest sub-group in their party) don't back Trump. Most of these moderate Republicans are Republicans living in heavily blue areas though - so their votes didn't really have too much sway in the election because of the electoral college... which shouldn't exist now that America is no longer an agrarian society...

It's getting harder to defend Trump if you're a Republican though. Looks like Paul Ryan might be caught in a spot of bother too, as it's being reported that Republican congressman McCarthy (lol) said he felt that Trump & Dana Rorbacher (another Republican congressman) were paid by Putin at a congressional meeting last in 2016. Paul Ryan then interrupted and demanded GOP leaders not leak the story. The story has now leaked. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?pushid=591cc76bfdd5491d00000055&tid=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.4ba9c7c88126 - it certainly adds to the suspicion. Is he complicit? Considering this leaked today and this is the most we've seen Ryan acknowledge the need for independent eyes to investigate the Trump-Russia matter before it leaked, I have a hard time believing the about face is not because he was aware something might be in the press today.

I would also not be surprised if the Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell is also in some way complicit. His wife is on the cabinet and he's been very dismissive of all of the very damning news re: Trump & Russia. But it seems like each day, regardless of how much there is to suggest that Trump is ripe for impeachment & the Republicans holding fast, the news keeps piling on the pressure on the Republicans to at very least investigate what the fuck is going on.

In order to impeach Trump on the basis of his Russia connections you'd have to proof that Trump had malicious intent. That will be almost impossible. Trump's side will simply claim he didn't know what he was doing. However this will make it easier to impeach him using a different tool: the twenty-fifth Amendment Section 4 - The idiot clause

As poor a president as trump is I still dislike sessions, ryan and mcconnell more and find them more sinister and harmful. Trump is a selfish buffoon who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his interests.

Those others are true stooges of a handful of mega donors...

On 2017-5-20 at 2:24 AM, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm not even attempting to make sense of the mass hysteria over Russia in this thread. It's hilarious though

What are you calling hysteria? 

The current reported information on the subject of Russia is that hackers working for them obtained information from the DNC and John Podesta, and passed that information to Wikileaks which was released in a drip feed format through the election campaign in order to damage one candidate. 

There is a  ongoing investigation into possible links between this group and the Trump campaign in which latest reports suggest a high ranking current official is a person of interest. 

And some of the activities since then taken by the trump white house to try to minimise the investigation may have crossed ethical or even legal boundaries. 

That's surely enough to support the appointment of a special prosecutor.

A fair point is that James Comey himself likely had more of an influence on the election result than the combined forces of russia, wikileaks and any trump aides in collusion with them. 

I don't subscribe to viewing James Comey as an honorable saint now he's been removed for investigating trump. I don't know him personally and would be interested to know the views of clinton and obama. But i will forever wonder abouit him. My speculative view is Comey is a GOP establishment aligned stooge who was happy to have a semi defensible course of action available to him to be able to come out and criticise clinton for being extremely careless in July and then reveall further emails in early November. I suspect he thought clinton had the election in the bag but knew he would take some points off her and maybe even make the difference in whether the GOP held onto its senate majority. I don't think he would have done it knowing his comment would tip the election result and this forever tarnish his rep and that of the FBI.

*takes conspiracy theorist hat off*

14 hours ago, Harry said:

What are you calling hysteria? 

The current reported information on the subject of Russia is that hackers working for them obtained information from the DNC and John Podesta, and passed that information to Wikileaks which was released in a drip feed format through the election campaign in order to damage one candidate. 

There is a  ongoing investigation into possible links between this group and the Trump campaign in which latest reports suggest a high ranking current official is a person of interest. 

And some of the activities since then taken by the trump white house to try to minimise the investigation may have crossed ethical or even legal boundaries. 

That's surely enough to support the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Oh it's hysteria, I mean look at you all pondering wether there was any collusion between the Russian hackers and the Trump campaign team. I mean who the fuck cares? It's the content that is damning,  the money for senior roles, the racist language and cavalier attitude towards demographics of voters. You'll no doubt note that the DNC haven't disputed the content just blamed "the Russians" at every opportunity. And who the fuck cares there either? If I was Trumps campaign manager I'd have been like "who's this Grucifer cunt? I owe that man a beer" also beside the point now Wikileaks pretty much have confirmed it was Seth Rich who leaked to them. The DNC/Clintons have blatantly had him killed. The fact it's almost 200 days since the election and half those who didn't like Trump are still scratching their heads saying "Russian's" is indeed hysterical. 

Take True Benders "big Pharma?" I littterally spat out my coffee, and thought "what's this cocksucker smoking" it's just aimless speculation. Also the shitty smear jobs in the WaPO or NYT are just embittered fake news now. Take Comey, two months ago they're running pieces about how he needs to go, Trump obliges and he's a "monster." The real loser is the American people because all credibility has been lost by the media and there's plenty to go at with Trump now. They've fucked themselves massively because he needs to be taken to task on issues. See below; 

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Trump in Saudi Arabia praising Islam.

Thats going to annoy those Europeans who were bouncing up and down in their high chairs at the prospect of a Trump presidency because of his views on Muslims. :ph34r:

Yep coupled with the fact he's as environmentally Friendly as VW with a proper emmissions test. His backsliding and blatant hypocrisy over Saudi are truly depressing. He's no different from Obama on this issue and that's fucking sad for us all. It's the main reason I backed him previously with his statements about the political situation in the Middle East. Not a fan now, shove your "I told you so's" Hillary would have been no different. 2020 next please I'd take the Rock now

The people believing the Seth Rodgers shit, which has 0 credible sources backing it, and then refusing to acknowledge the ongoing FBI investigation are totally lost to me.

Trump is a fraud who's only role in the white house is to be an idiot to cause chaos, which seems to be the general theme of right wing populism.

On 2017-5-21 at 5:15 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

Yep coupled with the fact he's as environmentally Friendly as VW with a proper emmissions test. His backsliding and blatant hypocrisy over Saudi are truly depressing. He's no different from Obama on this issue and that's fucking sad for us all. It's the main reason I backed him previously with his statements about the political situation in the Middle East. Not a fan now, shove your "I told you so's" Hillary would have been no different. 2020 next please I'd take the Rock now

Can you give an explanation on why the Government of the US should break relations with Saudi Arabia (not the UK, not the EU: the United States of America, and not on moral grounds nor on  a "lack of shared values" but on short-term direct geopolitical interest)?

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived