talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

:(

Sorry mate! Didn't mean to sledge but i am really happy right now not beacause of winning the tournament but we needed something like that as a nation. You don't know how much banters i have heard over the years

5 minutes ago, Azeem98 said:

Sorry mate! Didn't mean to sledge but i am really happy right now not beacause of winning the tournament but we needed something like that as a nation. You don't know how much banters i have heard over the years

I didn't mean it wasn't an important win for Pakistan, I'm just not that into ODI for the most part. Congrats! :congrats:

Edited by Spike

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Can't see I'm even the slightest bit fussed by this tournament. Clenching my bum for the Ashes.,

Can the Americans keep out of the Cricket thread, please. :ph34r:

@topic

We still have the World Cup record. :ph34r:

On a serious note, well played Pakistan. Totally outplayed us today. Have a blast, Azeem. Just go easy on the television sets :ph34r:.

The loss to Pak in ICC tournaments was eventually bound to happen and I dont mind the loss but im very disappointed by the way our team played. I havent been following cricket in the last few years due to the heavy influence of IPL and T20 in general but I watched both the semis and finals in this tournament because of the opponents we played. What happened today was a total capitulation without any fight and thats what is annoying me the most against our arch rival. Congrats to @Azeem98 and pakistan team for the wonderful display.

Im also aware of everything thats going on in twitter with Viru, Rishi Kapoor, Latif and others. Its really an embarrassing thing for legends like them to take part in it (especially sehwag and rishi kapoor because latif was merely responding to them). I hope this shuts up sehwag and hopefully he finds a decent job to keep him busy. I just saw the video of Latif after Pak's win today and he was spoke very matured and classy, I dont like him as a player or anything but he did a great job with the video today. 

Edited by Asura

Well done to Pakistan, I am glad this new generation of theirs looks as good as the last, and Amir's resurgence is a happy story as well. He could have finished with Cricket after the scandal, but he kept training and is reaping rewards for his dedication, and, importantly, honest work.

@Asura Sehwag has been like this even during his playing days but i think Rishi Kapoor didn't made those tweets on his will, i remember he made some tweets about letting Pak players play in the IPL earlier for which he received critisicm so i think he made those tweets to prove his 'PATRIOTISM'

6 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Well done to Pakistan, I am glad this new generation of theirs looks as good as the last, and Amir's resurgence is a happy story as well. He could have finished with Cricket after the scandal, but he kept training and is reaping rewards for his dedication, and, importantly, honest work.

I was not in favour of his return to International cricket but after that spell in the final i think he has done more then enough to prove that he should get a second chance

Muhammad Yousef made some comments that i think are up for debate he said  that the two deliveries Amir bowled to Kohli the one which he got dropped first and then got out and the one he bowled to Sharma, these deliveries that after bounce come right in at you these deliveries were so common in the 90s the era in which Tendulkar,Dravid etc played but you don't see these deliveries so much nowdays. Not to take anything from Kohli but he questioned wether he had been as effect if he had played during that era or even get picked for the national squad 

2 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

Muhammad Yousef made some comments that i think are up for debate he said  that the two deliveries Amir bowled to Kohli the one which he got dropped first and then got out and the one he bowled to Sharma, these deliveries that after bounce come right in at you these deliveries were so common in the 90s the era in which Tendulkar,Dravid etc played but you don't see these deliveries so much nowdays. Not to take anything from Kohli but he questioned wether he had been as effect if he had played during that era or even get picked for the national squad 

This is definitely true, atleast to some extent. You dont see the same quality fast bowling that used to be in the older days and also the pitches had life in them and the sport in general wasnt so batsmen friendly. Now its all about "entertainment" which is how far a batsman can hit a six just like baseball.

T20 has transformed batting in the similar way ODI's did it in the late 70s and 80s.

As for the Sehwag banter, I thought it was fun. If anything, he congratulated Pakistan, after the win yesterday. It's just that, subcontinental people (Indians included) have tender 'sentiments' that get hurt a little too often.

Though i am not one of the sensitive types infact i am very sarcastic myself but if Sehwag wanted to take a banter he should have taken it at a player like he has done with Shoaib Akhtar or on a team but when you banter a whole country then it becomes insult.

Recently a Peruvian sports journalist called Ecuadorian people 'crocodiles living on altitude' for which he is been labelled by his own people as racist.

@IgnisExcubitor Pakistanis still didn't reacted that much after the final if Sehwag had taken such a dig at Australia and they had beaten you guys in such a way then you know the Aussies.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Hasan was a great find. Four consecutive three wicket hauls. What an impact he made on the tournament.

so was Fakhar. Used to be in the Pakistan navy but quit to focus on cricket. 

Almost our every cricketer had to made such decision in their career.

An army convoy saw Muhammad Irfan while passing through his village seeing his height the captain offered him a job in the army if he played for the basketball team and from there he made it to international cricket.

Hafeez(who is from my city) used to be a salesman on a shoe store. Have heard from number of people from the cricket club that Hafeez used to wear torn jaguars in his early days.

Junaid Khan used to be a salesman on his uncles garment store.

Waqar Younis used to play cricket semi professionaly, Imran Khan and Waseem Akram saw him in a charity match and from there they took him to National Academy.

Shoaib Akhtar left his house at an early age beacuse of financial reasons and for years did many small jobs but then he became the fastest bowler on earth despite being flat footed

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned