• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Unusual, it's normally him that is doing the manhandling... can understand your frustration

Huh?

I must have missed that one. Never known VVD being referred to as a dirty player? Hes as cool and composed as they get?

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

VVD being totally manhandled by 2 Everton and ...... Nothing xD

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How's that not a foul on Van Dijk?xD

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How are some of these Everton players avoiding yellow cards?

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How the fuck is that not a yellow on Wigi? xD

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Of all the most ridiculous non-bookings in this match, that one's probably the most "what the fuck?" of them

EH2Aib0WkAI9_Ly.jpg

xoxo

I mean, weve just whooped our closest rivals with half our first team missing. 

Mike you were right. Still a gamble in my opinion but one that paid off dividends. Now even our fringe players will be chomping at the bit to get a game. 

I fucking love this club!!

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Now even our fringe players will be chomping at the bit to get a game. 

If they weren't already after we thumped Barca with squad players... then they've got mental issues. We've got good squad players, we've got fixture congestion, it's their time to shine (and ideally, from their perspective, to show the manager why they should be getting more matches). Look at Shaqiri today - barely played at all this season, comes into the side and it looks like he's a regular. That's really ideal tbh.

Also smashing 5 past Everton is pretty ideal.

Everton weirdly didn't look as bad as I thought they would considering all of the doom and gloom from their fans. Yet, to match that doom and gloom... we did put 5 past them with key players missing from the side. I think Silva's a dead man walking - I think if the rumours of him getting sacked after this game weren't true... they might be now. But there's other questions to ask of Everton like: 1.) what the fuck is wrong with the players?; 2.) is Marcel Brands, who's got a good reputation with their fans, really any good at all?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool are definitely winning the league. Gap is too much for us or City to take advantage of. 

Also, @LFCMadLadtold you you had nothing to worry about xD

Look, if we are around 16 points clear going into March I'll believe we can do it! 

I've been hurt too many times to trust this club xD

• Subscriber

A performance that absolutely sums us up. Brutally exposed by a team ideal to expose all of our weaknesses.

What was the actual point of Keane and Mina going forward for every corner? Literally led to one of our goals and should have been another with one of those Mane misses. Those two late chances he had you had Iwobi and Bernard as the last defenders. Absolutely ridiculous. If they clear our corner and they're primed to break you take the booking for Christ's sake.

Here is a list of slower-than-average players that we started tonight: Keane, Mina, Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi. Let's play all of them down the middle against Liverpool. Oookaaay.

Pickford didn't have a chance on any goals apart from maybe the first one where he got his positioning wrong but also had no business expecting them to get through our defence that easily.

Defence: Keane the worst of a bad bunch. Should have come off instead of Sidibe despite his goal. I was going to give Holgate a little bit of credit over the rest until he got skinned like a pensioner by Firmino at the end.

Midfield: Sigurdsson has been bad enough this season without playing him out of position in a midfield two with Davies. Davies has been hung out to dry in the last two games, also out of position. It's nobody's fault that Delph, Gomes and Gbamin are all injured but Schneiderlin had to start tonight. He's not very good but at least he plays as a defensive midfielder and will stay in position and take a yellow where necessary. Also would have given Davies some freedom to play his actual football. Last word on Sigurdsson, apparently went 18 minutes without a touch at one point, he's captaining Everton at Anfield. Unacceptable. Go and put in a late tackle if you have to, be in the game.

Attack: Richarlison deserves better. Iwobi plays some lovely stuff but isn't fast enough to be a winger. Get him playing down the middle. I'm a fan of Calvert-Lewin but he has his limits. Kean has looked more dangerous and hungry off the bench in the last two games. Missed a big chance tonight, time to give him a run in the side. One of the only players out there who you could see in his face he just wasn't having what was going on out there.

Anyway, so much for...

I hAvE a BiT oF a NaStY fEeLiNg AbOuT tHiS oNe. ThInK eVeRtOn MiGhT cOmE iN wItH a BiG pErFoRmAnCe. OoH dUnNo AbOuT tHaT lInEuP hOpE kLoPp KnOwS wHaT hE's DoInG.

Give over lads, its us at Anfield. The Liverpool girls under 15s would have beaten us.

Oh well, at least it's out of the way. Might get a year off next season the way things are looking.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Look, if we are around 16 points clear going into March I'll believe we can do it! 

I've been hurt too many times to trust this club xD

Mate, look at your form, your unbeaten record at Anfield, your undefeated streak in the league. There's not a chance the gap gets turned around with you to lose or draw so many games even with the fixture congestion. You're absolutely on fire. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived