talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nice one. 

Come on mate, you've been around long enough and watched enough football to know that shit happens in a game, especially in a derby.

I honestly dont believe that you seriously think that Robbo should be banned? No way. If you do then you have seriously been infected by the other snowflakes that have infested football. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing that one they're moaning about on MOTD with Van Dijk on Calvert-Lewin. Don't think it's a foul anyway but if it is, does he get sent off for it? I thought the rule had changed if a penalty is awarded there's no red? Or is that for keepers only?

Just now, LFCMike said:

I'm not seeing that one they're moaning about on MOTD with Van Dijk on Calvert-Lewin. Don't think it's a foul anyway but if it is, does he get sent off for it? I thought the rule had changed if a penalty is awarded there's no red? Or is that for keepers only?

It’s if the player is making a clear challenge for the ball I thought? Unlike a blatant trip etc

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Nasty and unnecessary is the best words to describe andy. I was surprised though, every time I have seen him play, he has shown class unlike TAA who has been brainwashed by Klopp just as bad as the ball boys.. klopp holding a meeting with the ball.boys to give them instructions on how to cheat versus Barcelona is a new low. Does it surprise me from klopp now that all the dirty work is coming to light..

Disrupt Barcelona's tempo and make sure the liverpool players get the ball 3 times as fast as the Barcelona players were the instructions from kloppy himself. 

What?

Fucking Utd fans proper showing themselves up here xD

I'm off to bed, just after I've moisturised. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s if the player is making a clear challenge for the ball I thought? Unlike a blatant trip etc

Must be then. I don't think there's a great deal of contact in that incident and it's certainly not a red

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Possible foul but I didn't hear or see anyone calling for a red.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Must be then. I don't think there's a great deal of contact in that incident and it's certainly not a red

It’s one of those where you want it if it’s your player, but not if you’re defending. Definitely not a red, borderline foul.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

It’s one of those where you want it if it’s your player, but not if you’re defending. Definitely not a red, borderline foul.

Yeah I'd agree with that. In real time I thought VVD gets the ball, just because it's him. But he doesn't and I think it would have been a soft one

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

From the one angle I've seen, that would be a penalty for me. Clearly impedes the player, doesn't get the ball. 

If it's the other way round, you'd be baying for a penalty I think and it should be given.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's still an 8 point lead. I have full confidence in this side to get over the line though. That's as far as I'll go. Just based on our form over the last 18 months or so but I won't be saying we'll win it or we've won it any time soon

Exactly. Leicester and City aren't dropping points easily. Leicester have taken full points from the past 2 months...

An 8 point lead in early December is nothing and can be dropped very quickly... 

People keep talking about an 11 point lead but that's only ever happened for a few hours when we play the early game and the other two have a game in hand.

• Subscriber

I am fully convinced that Andy is a wind-up master. He did it to Messi, now to Davies and tbf to him he does it so well and he knows what he is doing 100%. When he did it to Messi I just laughed but I think what he did to Tom was a bit worse. Knew what it would do too and it certainly got under someone's skin because the tackles just got a bit more vicious after that.

Richarlison vs TAA was a good one to watch too and at one point I really thought someone was going to get a red. Had it happened 10 min earlier in that half someone would have gone with a reckless challenge and it would have happened.

We are far from winning the league and until its the last day and the team behind us has ZERO chance of mathematically usurping us I don't care what anyone says or what form we're in. Onto Bournemouth and another squad rotation which I am sure will surprise more people. Surprised Ox nor Keita came in yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am fully convinced that Andy is a wind-up master. He did it to Messi, now to Davies and tbf to him he does it so well and he knows what he is doing 100%. When he did it to Messi I just laughed but I think what he did to Tom was a bit worse. Knew what it would do too and it certainly got under someone's skin because the tackles just got a bit more vicious after that.

Richarlison vs TAA was a good one to watch too and at one point I really thought someone was going to get a red. Had it happened 10 min earlier in that half someone would have gone with a reckless challenge and it would have happened.

We are far from winning the league and until its the last day and the team behind us has ZERO chance of mathematically usurping us I don't care what anyone says or what form we're in. Onto Bournemouth and another squad rotation which I am sure will surprise more people. Surprised Ox nor Keita came in yesterday.

I loved to see Andy and Trent getting stuck in. That's fulfilling what everyone wants to see in a derby, a bit of passion and leaving a bit extra in the tackle... It's good for the rivalry and the brand of the Merseyside derby.

I agree Andy's a wind up merchant and I think it's brilliant. The smirk after the fact is genius.

Sane this salah that but no mention of the biggest disappointment of the season, Firmino. I don't think he is much of a cunt but the way people overrate the Mr I-go-MIA-during-each-big-game makes me dislike him even more. If jesus was a full time starter, I dont think firmino would even have the smallest chance of starting for Brazil. 

30 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Sane this salah that but no mention of the biggest disappointment of the season, Firmino. I don't think he is much of a cunt but the way people overrate the Mr I-go-MIA-during-each-big-game makes me dislike him even more. If jesus was a full time starter, I dont think firmino would even have the smallest chance of starting for Brazil. 

He came on yesterday and got an assist after banishing Holgate to the shadow realm xD

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019
  • Administrator

Saw more of the highlights from yesterday's game properly.

Liverpool's goals were class. Some of the passing on show exquisite. Mane's assists were great and goes to show he's at the top of his game. It's no wonder Klopp decided to stick with him and rest Salah/Firmino. Mane is on fire right now. Player of the season in my opinion so far.

Van Dijk lucky to not give a penalty away on Calvert Lewin. Impedes the striker and puts him off shooting properly with his challenge.

Liverpool's attacks & counter-attacks seemed frighteningly quick. Clear game plan to perhaps let Everton come on to them and then pounce when the time is right. 

Still think Robertson lucky to get away with any punishment (I've changed my mind from red card to yellow card). To me it's quite clear he's wanted to add a bit extra on Davies. There was consistency in Alexander-Arnold's and Richarlison's bookings so I guess that's something.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived