talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

Fingers crossed he can recover fully!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66732868

Newcastle United academy director Steve Harper is "awake and recovering well" after suffering a stroke on Monday.

The 48-year-old former goalkeeper played 199 times for the Magpies between 1993 and 2013.

The club confirmed he suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage, which the NHS website says is an uncommon type of stroke caused by bleeding on the surface of the brain and can be fatal.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The one in the green shirt pretends to be Anthony Gordon on TikTok which tells you all you need to know.

Yeah that was unearthed quickly in Everton Twitter circles xD. He's clearly just a whopper. It's the teenage lads in the background where one of them is carrying the flag that concern me more. Everything the Saudi government/royals could ever want from their investment in Newcastle.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

No one in the Premier League bat an eyelid when deals between Udinese and Watford were done, but as soon as its a club that can threaten the 'big greedy 6' do it it's a problem.

Imagine being so frightened that Newcastle might have Ruben Neves on the bench that you have to bring in an emergency temporary rule to stop it xD

Can't even wait to write the full rule, Ruben Neves coming on for Longstaff with 10 minutes to go is frightening.

• Subscriber

It's not really on though is it? The Saudis paid nearly £50m for him reportedly. You can't have clubs getting around FFP to get their hands on a £40m+ player like that because their owners have clubs in other leagues.

And I'm not saying the Watford/Udinese situation was any better, nor do I think it would be any better if 777 completed their takeover of Everton and then started using the other clubs they're a part of to help each other out with players or FFP or whatever.

Even if Neves only did mostly fill Newcastle's bench, get away with that then this summer Al Fateh will be signing Mbappe for £300m and then sending him on a 3 year loan to St James' Park.

Not an entirely serious example but this needs putting to bed before it becomes a "thing". Another reason state ownership in football can get fucked.

14 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

it's a bit of a disaster.  Isak may return and there are a few that should be back in December but the added games have taken to much of a toll.   

we will need to sign in January without doubt, that Eze boy of yours would be nice in our very English team.  Kalvin Phillips has been thrown around and a pure DM is what we need, a clean up man, it's just whether Phillips can get back to 2020/2021 levels

• Subscriber

I'm sure that 10 point slammer they dropped on Everton will prove to everyone though that the Premier League is actually an upstanding institution that doesn't need independent regulation 👍.

Also doesn't inspire trust in a government that are supposed to be setting up said regulator that they themselves have already intervened in the affairs of PL club ownership for political reasons.

13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Newcastle allowed to loan players from PIF-owned Saudi clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67490620

Be curious to know who the clubs were that voted against the block.

13 clubs voted to block. 7 didn't. I think it's fair to assume that Newcastle, Man City, and Chelsea are 3 of the 7 that didn't vote to block as they're the three most high profile teams that are a part of a multiclub model.

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Man Utd, and Nottingham Forest are part of multiclub ownerships as well. Everton would be one as well if 777 complete a takeover. I'm assuming the other 4 come from those 7.

33 minutes ago, 6666 said:

13 clubs voted to block. 7 didn't. I think it's fair to assume that Newcastle, Man City, and Chelsea are 3 of the 7 that didn't vote to block as they're the three most high profile teams that are a part of a multiclub model.

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Man Utd, and Nottingham Forest are part of multiclub ownerships as well. Everton would be one as well if 777 complete a takeover. I'm assuming the other 4 come from those 7.

Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Everton, Wolves, Forest.