talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Seeing how it was left by Ashley,  it was a bit like that scene from The Waterboy where Bobby first meets coach klein in the tutorial room and sees the trash can full of water.  That is kind of how it was.   The pitch was also hard as rock which was said to be a contributor to long injuries.  Since the new upgrades that hasn't happened.   They have ice baths now,  not a drum filled with water and ice. 

Sure its not as bling bling as leicester,  but we also don't have 100's of millions of debt to pay back for a training facility.    

The company I work for did the media centre in City's training complex and naturally I was put on it as the project manager as a wind up. 

Have to say it was the most incredible facility I've ever seen, it was like an alien spaceship had landed and taken over part of Manchester and fenced it off.

Your training ground looks like their security lodge on entry.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

well, they won't be making the same "mistake" again.  Generally murder is bad.  murder in the uk is nearly 3x higher than saudi arabia and nearly 10x in the US.   I guess the death sentence does deter people.

No it doesn’t, it is pretty much universally agreed that it has no effect on crime. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

well, they won't be making the same "mistake" again.  Generally murder is bad.  murder in the uk is nearly 3x higher than saudi arabia and nearly 10x in the US.   I guess the death sentence does deter people.

Have you even read the article? 

On 16/06/2023 at 15:12, Dr. Gonzo said:

probably shouldn't have laughed, but the "Howay the lads" got me...

I wanted to read that tweet you mentioned and made the mistake of reading Twitter. Bunch of morons conflating the Saudi state owning a team and private USA ownership of teams. Yes, American foreign policy is evil but it has nothing to do with FSG. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why read the article when you can just defend the indefensible because your football club wins more matches now?

first off what happens in Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Newcastle United.

second off it is amnesty international, they are known for fabrication and misrepresentation because they are a proxy organisation for the United Nations.  

lastly it is all speculative, they report that they met with the convicted yet they are prohibited from seeing even their families.  Political convicts are not allowed audiences.  their charges were related to sedition, minorities trying to impune the will of the overwhelming majority, including plots to start insurrection.  

the last one emptied an AK magazine into a kneeling unarmed security guard.

I have said this enough times, they are a sovereign state entitled to their own laws and they are applied without compunction, so rather not break the laws is a smarter way ie: what 97% of their population does.

summary: the way Saudi Arabia and other states choose to govern and apply their laws has nothing to do with Newcastle United football club.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And some people say sportswashing doesn’t work

Would genuinely love to see the reaction and if the same conclusions had been made if PIF/Saudi had involvements with or bought Sunderland... 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would genuinely love to see the reaction and if the same conclusions had been made if PIF/Saudi had involvements with or bought Sunderland... 

What exactly do you want Newcastle fans to do about it? Stop supporting their club? 

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, N U F C said:

What exactly do you want Newcastle fans to do about it? Stop supporting their club? 

Acknowledge that it's dodgy as fuck and not try and make excuses. The fan above literally said 'generally murder is bad' as if other types of murder are okay ffs xD 

• Subscriber

I don't expect people to abandon their football club out of principle because then you sort of let the dodgy owners win by allowing them to have sole ownership of the institution.

However, I do think most decent fans could reasonably A) condemn dodgy shit done by their owners or people who are blatantly affiliated to them and B) not pretend that their success, if they get it, actually has anything to do with their football club being good when in reality it has everything to do with the massive influx of money and getting lucky enough to couple that with a non-lunatic calling the shots.

It's really easy actually to still support your football team and condemn certain actions of dodgy owners even if they're the people you have to thank for a little bit more bragging rights over other fans. Newcastle aren't going to descend back into mid-table obscurity and occasional relegation battles if their fans admit that their owners are bad eggs.

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Acknowledge that it's dodgy as fuck and not try and make excuses. The fan above literally said 'generally murder is bad' as if other types of murder are okay ffs xD 

Obviously it’s not right what they’re doing.

But the constant what if it was Sunderland etc that gets peddled on social media and now on here is just bollocks

Anyone with a brain can see what Saudi Arabia do is wrong, doesn’t mean I think any less of how well we are doing on the pitch.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Obviously it’s not right what they’re doing.

But the constant what if it was Sunderland etc that gets peddled on social media and now on here is just bollocks

Anyone with a brain can see what Saudi Arabia do is wrong, doesn’t mean I think any less of how well we are doing on the pitch.

Well yeah, it's the link they have with the club isn't it? 

Also, it's the first time I've seen the Sunderland thing mentioned on here. Not seen anyone else say it. 

20 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Well the murder rate in the US is 7times higher than in Germany, while the USA have death sentence and Germany don't. Still argueing death sentence does deter, since you were always the first to say murder rate in the US had nothing to do with gun laws?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

5 hours ago, N U F C said:

There is nothing wrong with stopping your support for a club that you cannot morally compromise with. I’ve stopped following many teams because of ownership.

Newcastle United directly benefit from suffering in Saudi Arabia. Now most people in the developed world do benefit from suffering in their day to day lives, coffee, tea, chocolate, clothing sweatshops, are all things we take for granted. I’d respect someone if they were to stop consuming coffee and chocolate on a moral stance, for instance, but it’s a minor sacrifice that largely won’t change much except removing oneself from the cycle. Others material goods are harder to give up, like consumer electronics and clothes we kind of need those to interact with the modern world. I’d respect anyone if they were to withdraw or boycott Newcastle United due to the ownership, as it’s a non-essential product, but I also understand the emotional attachment. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well the murder rate in the US is 7times higher than in Germany, while the USA have death sentence and Germany don't. Still argueing death sentence does deter, since you were always the first to say murder rate in the US had nothing to do with gun laws?

the US has the death penalty but it's hardly used, America has a unsustainable incarceration problem with far to many convicts.  instead of culling the herd or building bigger prisons, they just turned country into a prison.

America's rampant lawlessness is attributed to a corrupt government, failing legal system and diminishing law enforcement, while the population is going up, ie more people, less cops per person.

Germany is a tiny population relative to the US.

6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the US has the death penalty but it's hardly used, America has a unsustainable incarceration problem with far to many convicts.  instead of culling the herd or building bigger prisons, they just turned country into a prison.

America's rampant lawlessness is attributed to a corrupt government, failing legal system and diminishing law enforcement, while the population is going up, ie more people, less cops per person.

Germany is a tiny population relative to the US.

That is completely wrong. The USA wants a high incarceration rate for the industrial prison complex. It’s a business like any other. It’s entirely by design to create a lower class of people with no chance of rehabilitation, just to exploit them. They are saddled with a debt to the prison, no skills, emotional damage, and very little employment opportunity. It creates a cycle of ignorance that exploits prison labour and ensures that there is always an excess of labour in the occupational fields that they can enter.

Do you ever think how fucked up it sounds when you type out shit like ‘cull the herd’? Straight out a chattel  slavery guidebook. 

• Upvote 1