Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Aston Villa 1-6 Man City - Sunday 12th January, 2020

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

170px-Aston_Villa.svg.png     VS    1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Match History
Man City 3-0 Aston Villa
Man City 4-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-4 Man City (FA Cup)
Aston Villa 0-0 Man City
Man City 3-2 Aston Villa

Head to Head
Aston Villa - 57 wins
Draws - 41
Man City - 73 wins

Top Scorers
Aston Villa - Jack Grealish (8)
Man City - Raheem Sterling (20)

Sketty Aguero 1-0 VAR win for City.

City looking to go for a 6th win in 6 now...Guardiola looks to have stopped the rot that derailed their season. Will be interesting to see how City carry on and push onto next season.

Obviously very aware Jack Grealish FC are shit

KDB ghosting past Drinkwater to set up Aguero was a thing of beauty. 

Odds on Grealish throwing a strop tonight? 

I know it’s City, but Smith has to go after this. He’s shown no ability at this level to say he can turn this around. 

8 minutes ago, Machado said:

People leaving already ?

I would if I was there no intensity 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I know it’s City, but Smith has to go after this. He’s shown no ability at this level to say he can turn this around. 

Yep I’d sack him 

Nobody to put a cross in for it’s just sit back and invite pressure. 

Frankly it’s abysmal. Why we have no striker in when it was obvious Wesley has been struggling is a disgrace. The lack of intensity is a disgrace, the passive nature of our play is a disgrace. 

Its not good enough regardless of where we are in the league. I’ve had enough of him I’d sack him. 

Vintage KDB set up there. 

Too easy. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Drinkwater starts lol

Knew it would be a shellacking as soon as I saw he was starting. He's absolutely finished.

This is quite infuriating as well after Wednesday. Basically everything they did against us that was good has been totally missing here.

That pass by KDB is phenomenal.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Knew it would be a shellacking as soon as I saw he was starting. He's absolutely finished.

KDB just ended his career the way he ended Fabregas' in 2018. 

Aguero has broken a record and bypassed Henry there. Most goals by a non-English player in the league.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Aguero has broken a record and bypassed Henry there.

Latter still a superior footballer. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Latter still a superior footballer. 

No questions there. Henry had more to his game than just goals.

De Bruyne is just sheer class, brilliant assist even if Villa look lacklustre.

This Villa side does not look like a Dean Smith side, one of the consistencies under him when we were not picking up results were that we still played well, often outplayed the opposition just didn't have the defensive qualities to push us over the line to make us a threat, also lacking in finishing chances created. Smith in himself is a very laid back man who won't be fazed personally by Villa's league position.

By and large teams that come up through the play-offs generally struggle/go back down compared to the automatic finishers... Villa are where they should be in the league really and I know people mention how much they've spent but if you saw the squad they went up with it was down to the bare bones. This is the difficulty of taking a side up through the play-offs, especially a side that was boosted by Jack Grealish. There's no real long term planning done at Villa and this is the result of it, the pressure of spending £100m+ because they relied on loans and went through that phase where their owner was nearly potless outside of China. Villa's board should have sanctioned the Maupay money instead of letting him go to Brighton.

I'm not sure Villa will do any better under a new manager, the team just is what it is and without Grealish they'd be bottom (and without him they wouldn't have been promoted). They can sack Smith and maybe deservedly so, though I hope he goes on a decent run as is customary with him, but I don't think they'll get much better. This is just the result of a greater lack of direction within the club since the new owners took over.

40 minutes ago, Danny said:

This Villa side does not look like a Dean Smith side, one of the consistencies under him when we were not picking up results were that we still played well, often outplayed the opposition just didn't have the defensive qualities to push us over the line to make us a threat, also lacking in finishing chances created. Smith in himself is a very laid back man who won't be fazed personally by Villa's league position.

By and large teams that come up through the play-offs generally struggle/go back down compared to the automatic finishers... Villa are where they should be in the league really and I know people mention how much they've spent but if you saw the squad they went up with it was down to the bare bones. This is the difficulty of taking a side up through the play-offs, especially a side that was boosted by Jack Grealish. There's no real long term planning done at Villa and this is the result of it, the pressure of spending £100m+ because they relied on loans and went through that phase where their owner was nearly potless outside of China. Villa's board should have sanctioned the Maupay money instead of letting him go to Brighton.

I'm not sure Villa will do any better under a new manager, the team just is what it is and without Grealish they'd be bottom (and without him they wouldn't have been promoted). They can sack Smith and maybe deservedly so, though I hope he goes on a decent run as is customary with him, but I don't think they'll get much better. This is just the result of a greater lack of direction within the club since the new owners took over.

They're never going to outplay Man City or a lot of the teams in the league though so it's not a surprise, I knew they'd get smashed here, it's a horror match up.

I do think similar is likely to happen to you if you come up as well.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I am Smith can get in the fucking sea, the ginger cunt is too passive and his side reflect that. No pressure all to soft shite. Imagine a wilder doing this 

D523C939-8BB2-41CA-87ED-395E13AF51BF.jpeg

Well this sounded like a close game by the result... 

52 minutes ago, Dan said:

They're never going to outplay Man City or a lot of the teams in the league though so it's not a surprise, I knew they'd get smashed here, it's a horror match up.

I do think similar is likely to happen to you if you come up as well.

We have the best defence in the league and have a core group of players in their early-mid twenties ready to step up, mixed with our recruitment which has been the best in the Championship for a long time now and probably a lot of Prem clubs too I'd suspect we'd do well. Relegation battle yes, completely. But we'd do better than Villa. We're better all over the pitch really bar Grealish.