talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What are your views on the governments response in England?

Can understand not going on lock down not so as not to put pressure on the NHS further down the line but don't think they've been very clear about things so far. 

For example the health secretary Matt Hancock gave his thoughts and ideas about the outbreak and managing it, but put it behind a pay wall on the Telegraph xD

And another example being what their plans are for the elderly were due to be announced on Thursday but its been leaked to journalists now to announce in a bit part way. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What are your views on the governments response in England?

Opinion polls suggest it’s popular. Although opposition seems to be dividing along political lines. Many just raging because they don’t like Boris and want to score points. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can understand not going on lock down not so as not to put pressure on the NHS further down the line but don't think they've been very clear about things so far. 

For example the health secretary Matt Hancock gave his thoughts and ideas about the outbreak and managing it, but put it behind a pay wall on the Telegraph xD

And another example being what their plans are for the elderly were due to be announced on Thursday but its been leaked to journalists now to announce in a bit part way. 

Stan there was a 45minute presentation on bbc 1.

It’s your fault you’ve not watched it, not the governments

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Opinion polls suggest it’s popular. Although opposition seems to be dividing along political lines. Many just raging because they don’t like Boris and want to score points. 

Stan there was a 45minute presentation on bbc 1.

It’s your fault you’ve not watched it, not the governments

And that's it? Just a 45 minute presentation solves everything does it? 

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Time off for @CaaC (John) then... 

That would drive me around the bend just sitting in here!!!! I do like taking the grandsons up the local park for a kick around with the football and stretching my legs but I gather if that restriction comes into place then I will just have to live with it but then hope our son and daughter don't catch this Coronavirus. 

Idiots running away from quarantines are going to kill us all.

The latest was a British tourist who ran away and boarded a plane. Now he along with 20 other passengers from that plane have been offloaded and quarantined.

I think the government needs to bring in a law to punish people like this. One state, UP , has already brought in law where people like these will be fined or jailed. I hope others follow that.

Stockpiling has started happening here as well, though not of toilet papers (since we wash), but there were mad scenes at my usual grocery store. So, opted against going to that crowded place.

Hand sanitizers are gone.

People, especially the so called educated ones, are behaving in the worst possible way.

On 12/03/2020 at 22:39, Azeem said:

A friend of mine and his mother who traveled to Iran are ill and are in hospital for testing.

They both tested negative, my friend told that they wiped everything when they brought things at their place in Iran, change/wash all their clothing and either take a shower or wipe themselves clean before doing anything else.

Edited by Azeem

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Stockpiling has started happening here as well, though not of toilet papers (since we wash), but there were mad scenes at my usual grocery store. So, opted against going to that crowded place.

This fucking stockpiling is a joke, Tesco's run out of toilet paper but we managed to get 4 rolls in Semi-Chem and the lady in the shop there said they have restrictions on how many rolls people can buy but she said that does not work as you will get the wife buying and then they will send the likes of hubby, son & daughter or family go and buy some more after, it's a joke. 

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

This fucking stockpiling is a joke, Tesco's run out of toilet paper but we managed to get 4 rolls in Semi-Chem and the lady in the shop there said they have restrictions on how many rolls people can buy but she said that does not work as you will get the wife buying and then they will send the likes of hubby, son & daughter or family go and buy some more after, it's a joke. 

ETI9j-nWkAADUur.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stan said:

And that's it? Just a 45 minute presentation solves everything does it? 

Yeah pretty much they present their plan. Still questions but they do indicate a lock down will come just not yet. 

also not behind a paywall

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/14/must-do-everything-power-protect-lives/

Edited by Fairy In Boots

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah pretty much they present their plan. Still questions but they do indicate a lock down will come just not yet. 

also not behind a paywall

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/14/must-do-everything-power-protect-lives/

It was yesterday when it was first published.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

No doubt he's a colossal narcissist, but I do get the impression Cristiano Ronaldo's fundamentally a good bloke

Trump on the other hand...

He does so much charity wise.