talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

25 minutes ago, nudge said:

Desperate? How come? Because I follow the development of it? O.o I think it's pretty clear that it's unlikely to be an issue in the West. China and surrounding nations is a different beast altogether though. 

Just the dismissal of the evidence which suggests this isn't anything like the disaster people predicted. It's certainly disappointing a lot of the press anyway, they were hoping to make millions off the panic.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Just the dismissal of the evidence which suggests this isn't anything like the disaster people predicted. It's certainly disappointing a lot of the press anyway, they were hoping to make millions off the panic.

Tbf it looks like she's just following the news story and tbh the updates she's given us have been better than any of the news reporting I've seen on the spread of the virus.

And I don't think posting graphs that demonstrate it's got a lower mortality rate than SARS indicate she's desperate for it to some global pandemic wiping us out xD

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf it looks like she's just following the news story and tbh the updates she's given us have been better than any of the news reporting I've seen on the spread of the virus.

And I don't think posting graphs that demonstrate it's got a lower mortality rate than SARS indicate she's desperate for it to some global pandemic wiping us out xD

Yeah, sorry @nudge came across as a bellend there.

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Vader said:

Just got a news story on my phone notifications that permanent residents of Canada with Children will be allowed to leave Wuhan.

Not sure how to take this story...

I imagine/hope they'd be quarantined when they do return until given the all clear...

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

Just got a news story on my phone notifications that permanent residents of Canada with Children will be allowed to leave Wuhan.

I think it's good news tbh. Being from Wuhan doesn't mean you're sick with the disease, being sick with the disease isn't really a death sentence even though it's killed people, and I think everyone would rather get their treatment at the place they call home - rather than feeling like they're trapped with their kids thousands of miles away from where they want to be in a quarantined city where the likelihood of getting infected is much higher.

• Administrator

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it's good news tbh. Being from Wuhan doesn't mean you're sick with the disease, being sick with the disease isn't really a death sentence even though it's killed people, and I think everyone would rather get their treatment at the place they call home - rather than feeling like they're trapped with their kids thousands of miles away from where they want to be in a quarantined city where the likelihood of getting infected is much higher.

7 minutes ago, Vader said:

Sounds like someone was racist :ph34r:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, they have to come back eventually.

This is a genuine query so there will be absolutely no kicking off.

I saw a video of Ighalo walking straight out of Terminal 1 at Manchester. Has he come straight from China or elsewhere? Is it only the people from Hubei province that are currently being quarantined when they get back? I know other countries have banned all mainland flights, but not sure where we’re upto yet.

Again, genuine questions as I haven’t got the answer and I’m intrigued as to the current protocols.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I saw a video of Ighalo walking straight out of Terminal 1 at Manchester. Has he come straight from China or elsewhere? Is it only the people from Hubei province that are currently being quarantined when they get back? I know other countries have banned all mainland flights, but not sure where we’re upto yet.

Again, genuine questions as I haven’t got the answer and I’m intrigued as to the current protocols.

As much as I'm aware; yes. British Airlines suspended all flights to/from mainland China until Feb 29th but some other carriers are still operating theirs.

46 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah I think it's only people flying out of Hubei that are getting quarantined. And while BA may have stopped all flights to and from China, I know other airlines... notably Air China, haven't.

At my work, we've just sent out some formal Force Majeure Event notices regarding delays on consulting contracts - because of new restrictions the Chinese government have put in place.

• The title was changed to Deadly Virus Outbreak (Coronavirus) in China
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Vader said:

Apparently only healthy people will be allowed to board the flight.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6499384/canada-evacuation-coronavirus-flight/

34 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The wife’s cousin is an engineer in Qingdao, Shandong province. He’s usually flying about the world fixing shit but isn’t allowed anywhere at present.

Understandable, the Chinese government has started taking serious restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus now. This is quoted from the notices we've been sending out at work:

1. Free traveling not possible in big cities and certain areas;

2. Prolongation of the Chinese New Year Holiday (which is already a really weird time to be in China as places that are usually busy as fuck end up being quiet as fuck instead)

3. Prohibiting groups of more than 40 people at work (which has to be so strange for Chinese companies)

4. Inspection of all employees at the beginning of a work day.

5. Transportation restrictions.

Pretty massive restrictions that are going to massively impact Chinese businesses from operating normally and will make obvious impacts on people that work with Chinese businesses.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Latest update from China:

20471 confirmed cases (+3233 since yesterday) - 2788 of those in serious or critical condition (+492).
23214 suspected cases (+1656).
425 deaths (+64).
632 recoveries (+157).

221015 close contacts of the infected have been tracked; 12755 of those have been cleared; 171329 are under medical observation.

Very few new confirmed cases (+6) outside of mainland China: there have been 2 in the US, 2 in Germany, 1 in India and 1 in Vietnam reported in the last 24 hours. The total outside of mainland China is currently reported to be at 189.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You seem very desperate for this to be some massive disaster xD

Come on buddy, if this was a Beatles story you would be reading all the updates with your tongue hanging out of your mouth xD

I might no post much in this thread but I always read the updates from Nudge, it saves me going into the main news outlets and getting all the info from the sources there. :D 

• Upvote 1